[SOLVED] need help with nightmare (i think) [FE8]

trangblue

So i was messing around with Nightmare and FE8 (adding animation, editing classes and charaters)

And when I play the game , when I use Knight Crest on Lvl 20 Gilliam, the game when into a blackscreen and freeze

Here my entry of Gilliam on nightmare

(sr for the stat rate ^^)

XmiDOLT.png

And this is entry for Knight

qHo1Mke.png

Someone please help me with this T.T Thank you very much

Edit:
Big find out that Franz can't use knight crest too... So i think it's knight crest problem

Edit2:
Master Seal also dont work on Franz and Gilliam....
I think my knight crest classess have problem T.T

Edited by trangblue

Did you change anything about the Knight Crest?

No i didn't

Master Seal also result in black screen for Franz Gilliam Forde and Kyle as well so i think it's problem with cavalier/knight unit

Edit: wow my cormag can't use elisan whip as well T.T

Edited by trangblue

Is the battle animation pointer a valid animation? It says custom armored, is there actually an animation there, it might be glitching out the game if it's trying to load an animation in that promotion scene that doesn't exist.

Is the battle animation pointer a valid animation? It says custom armored, is there actually an animation there, it might be glitching out the game if it's trying to load an animation in that promotion scene that doesn't exist.

well yes there battle animation there cause i inserted axe animation for knight and cavalier and .... so i rewrote entire battle animation pointer , should i change it back to see if it's work ?

well yes there battle animation there cause i inserted axe animation for knight and cavalier and .... so i rewrote entire battle animation pointer , should i change it back to see if it's work ?

Oh dang, I edited the animation pointer back to normal and they promote just fine :o how to i fix my animation pointer

So I'm on mobile right now so I can't see pics or send any your way but I had this exact issue a few weeks ago. I fixed by remaking theanimation pointer. You see, for the game to recognize the "end" of the animation there need to be 4 0 values. This means that in order for the game to recognize it, you have to leave 4 empty fields.

Say that this is a merc animation. They only use swords.

Weapon used= 0 all swords

All itwms of the same type = 1

Animation = number of animation.

Separator = 0 (always)

Then

weapon used = disarmed/rapier (or 6)

All weapons of the type = or 1

Animation used = yours

separator 0

And finally

weapon = 0 or all swords

0 specific for an item

Animation =0 or none

separator 0.

That should fix it.

If it spills over into the next pointer (not enough spaces in the first) simply add the next animation and when there are no animations left finish it with those 4 zero values. Then simply indicate the first pointer and the game will recognize it.

This does however mean that classes with many different weapons often end up occupying 2 or more pointers, in which case the next class you do has to use the pointer after the second half of the first class's pointer.

I'll be happy to give you screens if you need them once I'm on PC. Hope I helped!

Edited by Kyne

• 2 months later...
On 18/11/2016 at 6:02 AM, Kyne said:

So I'm on mobile right now so I can't see pics or send any your way but I had this exact issue a few weeks ago. I fixed by remaking theanimation pointer. You see, for the game to recognize the "end" of the animation there need to be 4 0 values. This means that in order for the game to recognize it, you have to leave 4 empty fields.

Say that this is a merc animation. They only use swords.

Weapon used= 0 all swords

All itwms of the same type = 1

Animation = number of animation.

Separator = 0 (always)

Then

weapon used = disarmed/rapier (or 6)

All weapons of the type = or 1

Animation used = yours

separator 0

And finally

weapon = 0 or all swords

0 specific for an item

Animation =0 or none

separator 0.

That should fix it.

If it spills over into the next pointer (not enough spaces in the first) simply add the next animation and when there are no animations left finish it with those 4 zero values. Then simply indicate the first pointer and the game will recognize it.

This does however mean that classes with many different weapons often end up occupying 2 or more pointers, in which case the next class you do has to use the pointer after the second half of the first class's pointer.

I'll be happy to give you screens if you need them once I'm on PC. Hope I helped!

@Kyne omg thanks =)) sorry for my late thanks =)) I have been off quiet long :3 Thank you very much it worked <3