Thought I'd introduce myself.

Kyuzeth

Hey. I'm Kyuzeth, a huge dork of monster RPGs (mostly Pokémon and recently Digimon as well) who has gotten into Fire Emblem recently (that being since early-mid-2016). I haven't played too many games yet (only Sacred Stones, Birthright and Revelation), but I like delving into the other titles as well and am planning to play the remaining ones. Particularly the Jugdral games have piqued my interest, but I need to know if emulating those is feasible without overloading your PC.

Anyway, as I've said, I've long been a Pokémon dork, ever since 2005. It's been nearly 11 years by now, and my love for the franchise has never faded ever since I had booted up my GBA SP with Pokémon Emerald, sending out my Treecko on that fateful day. I sometimes like to battle competitively, though these days I just like to train Pokémon with good stats. My favorite Pokémon is Rayquaza, followed by Salamence. Yeah, I'm a massive dork for dragons, I know.

As for Fire Emblem, I suppose I should focus on that now, shouldn't I? Aside from experiencing the games from gameplay and story perspectives, I also like to analyze simpler mechanics of the games such as classes, growth rates and weaponry. I've drafted up class ideas in the past and have started writing on my own classes, complete with all the basic data.

Oh, have I mentioned yet that I like writing? I've written some characters of my own and intend to give them support conversations as well. So far, these are all in the Fates universe, and one of my works is a rewrite of a character that was supposedly going to have a more major role, but was relegated to being a Paralogue boss (now you probably know who it is, heheh). I've even gone as far as giving him a child because scrapped material always interests me and it's nice to bring out potential. (If anyone knows the right subforum to post these kinds of things in, please tell me about it, since I'm interested in receiving some feedback.)

I'm into music as well. I listen to a variety of video game music; outside of that, concert band music is a big interest of mine and I love melodic metal genres as well (preferably without grunting), as well as progressive music of all kinds. '70s and '80s rock score high on my lists as well. Aside from that, I've played the clarinet for about 7 years now.

Anyway, hope that hasn't been a boring read. If it has, sorry for wasting your time. If it hasn't, then I guess that's good, huh? Anyway, if you want to have a talk with me, just hit me up for one and I'll be there! I'm looking forward to blending in with the community and learning more about Fire Emblem. It's a badass franchise, so any extra insight is always extremely welcome.

Thanks for reading, and have a great day!

- Kyuzeth

The games won't overload your pc. Heck, I've emulated the Jugdral on my phone before and it works fine. I can't tell you where to find them as that goes against the code of conduct. Just a word of advice, the second Jugdral game, Thracia 776, is considered the hardest game in the series. But enough of that.

Welcome to the forest and enjoy your stay here!

My friend, I welcome you to this lush Forest! To most I am Seth, to others Yed. Choose your preference, choose it wisely.

I haven't played too many games yet (only Sacred Stones, Birthright and Revelation), but I like delving into the other titles as well and am planning to play the remaining ones. Particularly the Jugdral games have piqued my interest, but I need to know if emulating those is feasible without overloading your PC.

Popular opinion is the Jugdral games (particularly FE4) have the strongest story in the series. I have yet to complete it, so I can't really give you my opinion on it. And since it's an SNES game, you shouldn't have computer issues as long as it's not a computer from the 1980s or something like that lol. You will need to research a lot of how the game plays, since I don't think anything is explained in-game. A lot of the mechanics are much different than they are in later games.

From Sacred Stones and Fates though, I'd recommend playing Awakening. The gameplay is very similar to BR especially. Although FE7 is a good game to play to ease yourself into the more "traditional" style of FE. It's a nice blend between what you're used to from SS and what you can expect from other games in the series. The Tellius series would also be great for getting into the more "traditional" style of the series (and are just fantastic games overall) since they are more similar to the pre-GBA games, although FE10 especially is a bit more difficult than what you're probably used to from SS and Fates, but if you're forced to emulate them, you will need to check and make sure you have a powerful enough computer.

Anyway, as I've said, I've long been a Pokémon dork, ever since 2005.

Same, though even earlier for me. Tell me, how hyped are you for Sun/Moon? And what starter have you been looking to start with? I've been Team Rowlet from the start.

Oh, have I mentioned yet that I like writing? I've written some characters of my own and intend to give them support conversations as well. So far, these are all in the Fates universe, and one of my works is a rewrite of a character that was supposedly going to have a more major role, but was relegated to being a Paralogue boss (now you probably know who it is, heheh). I've even gone as far as giving him a child because scrapped material always interests me and it's nice to bring out potential. (If anyone knows the right subforum to post these kinds of things in, please tell me about it, since I'm interested in receiving some feedback.)

Visit the Creative section. That place is mainly for fan-fiction, rolepays, etc....

Enjoy your time here at Serenes Forest!

Edited by Yedknowsall

Thank you for your welcoming words, everyone. I'm sure I'll enjoy spending time here in the Forest.

My friend, I welcome you to this lush Forest! To most I am Seth, to others Yed. Choose your preference, choose it wisely.

Popular opinion is the Jugdral games (particularly FE4) have the strongest story in the series. I have yet to complete it, so I can't really give you my opinion on it. And since it's an SNES game, you shouldn't have computer issues as long as it's not a computer from the 1980s or something like that lol. You will need to research a lot of how the game plays, since I don't think anything is explained in-game. A lot of the mechanics are much different than they are in later games.

From Sacred Stones and Fates though, I'd recommend playing Awakening. The gameplay is very similar to BR especially. Although FE7 is a good game to play to ease yourself into the more "traditional" style of FE. It's a nice blend between what you're used to from SS and what you can expect from other games in the series. The Tellius series would also be great for getting into the more "traditional" style of the series (and are just fantastic games overall) since they are more similar to the pre-GBA games, although FE10 especially is a bit more difficult than what you're probably used to from SS and Fates, but if you're forced to emulate them, you will need to check and make sure you have a powerful enough computer.

Same, though even earlier for me. Tell me, how hyped are you for Sun/Moon? And what starter have you been looking to start with? I've been Team Rowlet from the start.

Visit the Creative section. That place is mainly for fan-fiction, rolepays, etc....

Enjoy your time here at Serenes Forest!

I'll answer this bit by bit:

- The Jugdral games have always looked rather complex to me, but that's exactly why they appeal so much to me. And they've got the best story, too? Well, call me hyped to get an emulator and play those!

- I'm not that interested in getting Awakening, though I do know of a Let's Play of the game that I could follow. The game seems interesting enough, though, and I've already done research on the characters. Much like with Fates, my opinion on the cast is mixed, though overall positive. I've heard the story isn't the greatest, though, and difficulty-wise it's still easier than BR due to Galeforce being much more widespread and Dual Stance including both Strike and Guard, which is kinda broken, IMO. I might give Blazing Sword a try, since the GBA aesthetics kick ass and there's a lot of replay value given the different stories.

- Tellius looks amazing, though I'd need to get either my GCN or Wii to work again AND make sure I get a PAL copy to play it on the Wii. Fuck Nintendo's stupid region lock policy. Also, Ike is one of the best Lords IMO from what I know about him and Radiant Dawn has that three-tier class system that I really like.

On the Pokémon side of things, I'm very much hyped for SM. As I'm getting both games, I'll be using two teams of 6+ Pokémon in rotation, so that I can tap into a great variety of different Pokémon. Should be fun. I'm picking Rowlet in Sun and Popplio in Moon, by the way.

And thanks for pointing me to that section! I'll be cleaning out my stuff and seeing if there's anything I've got that's worth sharing.

Welcome to the Forest, Kyuzeth!

Ooh, that was a nice introduction.

I hope you're hype for Kommo-o because he looks very promising!

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

Welcome to the Forest, Kyuzeth!

Ooh, that was a nice introduction.

I hope you're hype for Kommo-o because he looks very promising!

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

Hey, thanks! I see you're also a newcomer, so I hope you enjoy your own stay as well.

Kommo-o is one of my favorites design-wise and its stats look cool enough. I'm definitely raising one, perhaps even two. Really, there are many Pokémon (and Ultra Beasts) I'm hyped for in SM. Can't wait to get training... and try to fit my training in with my college schedule. I'll make it through somehow. I already did it two years ago, shouldn't be too difficult now.

Have a nice day!

Hey, thanks! I see you're also a newcomer, so I hope you enjoy your own stay as well.

Ahaha, calling me a newcommer is a bit weird.

I lurked in the Forest for like a decade or so. But thank you.

And yeah, you'll get through, college schedule can be tough but nothing excessive.

Or so I hope for you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Kyuzeth, have a welcome from a fellow newcomer!

Yeah, the GBA titles rock and FE7 is the most beginner friendly, if you already played FE8 you won't have any trouble.

On the other hand, I found FE4/FE5 to be hardest and most frustrating of them all, but the story of FE4 is truly amazing and has nothing to envy from any movie or book. And the Tellius series is totally awesome.

I'm into music too, sort of. I'm an (very) amateur self-taught piano player, and I like to sometimes transcribe videogame songs by ear. I've thinking about recording my transcriptions and uploading them to youtube but I guess I've been too lazy.

Anyway, have a great time here. See you in the forums!