Concept Art Book?

Sai1523

So I've noticed multiple images of different concept arts for fates around the internet and they seem to be taken from a book. Was there an art book like the awakening one released or are they from whatever was in that art book that came with the special edition. Also I noticed that the images seem to be laid out in different styles from each other. Was there concept art in multiple books?

post-21555-0-35379200-1479030622_thumb.png

post-21555-0-13940800-1479030639_thumb.png

post-21555-0-51583300-1479030650_thumb.png

It was one of the items that came with the Special Edition. It's a pretty small book, but it contains concept art for the Avatar, Azura, all of the Royals, and a few other select characters as well as scenery, weapon, and generic class designs.

Though that first image looks like it's from another book. I think there was also a separate artbook released in Japan only, similarly to the Knights of Iris book for Awakening and Tellius Recollections for FE9/10.

Edited by The Geek

Ah I was afraid it might all be from the special edition booklet. You gave me something to think about though. Now I have to go look and see if a Japanese art book exists unless someone else knows and can confirm it. Thanks a lot for the reply! It's pretty late so I wasn't sure if anyone would see this lol.

The second and third images are from the artbook that came with the special edition (I would know since I own it). I assume that the first image comes from the 25th Anniversary book (which does contain information on Fates), but I don't own it so I'm not sure.

Though that first image looks like it's from another book. I think there was also a separate artbook released in Japan only, similarly to the Knights of Iris book for Awakening and Tellius Recollections for FE9/10.

There aren't an Art Book similar to Knight of Iris for Fates yet. Sadly, Nintendo hasn't even announced it yet. Maybe next year we receive the news for one!

The other picture is most probably from the 25th anniversary book

Yeah I've been looking into it for a while now and still nothing. Its a bit hard to find information about a Japanese book without knowing any Japanese lol. Or at least under the assumption that the image did come from it.

Ah man this search is rough through. The only pages I could fine involving fates in any way, shape, or form is concept art of Kamui (Corrin). Either someone posted the first scan and never mention anything about its origin, or it comes from a different source.

Yep, the first image's from the 25th anniversary book. I own it, bought it outside Japan, from a Kinokuniya in my country. As others said, the 2nd and 3rd are from the special edition book.

Edit: I should mention that the 25th anniversary book is only roughly 40% Fates, and contains very, very little concept art. I bought it hoping for concept art, but... If I recall correctly, that one page of Elise? That's one of the only pages. There's a bit more of scenery and stuff, but not much with characters. Most of the book consists of words, like interviews and such.

Edited by bearaby

I see, I was afraid that might be the case. It's even more annoying that in never released in English and probably won't. I hope we get an art book like the awakening one eventually, but I also kind of doubt it. Thanks for the reply! I probably wouldn't have found the answer on my own considering no one ever scanned any pages based on fates aside from that Elise one.