Which location would you like the next Pokemon region to be inspired from?

Rend Keaven

• 1 year later...

California would be really nice - with its colder/more temperate climate of San Francisco to the warmer and more arid regions of Los Angeles and Death Valley allowing for a relatively wide range of biomes. Tie that with the Orre remakes and expand the backstory of Orre in parts. In fact, when I was younger, I actually expected, and wanted either this or Alola to be the Gen 3 region instead of Hoenn.

Another candidate would be Italy - now finally, we get to learn about one of the greatest ancient civilization of the Poke-Earth. Besides that, as with California, you get a variety of climates from the colder Italian/Etrurian? Alps to the warmer island of Sicily. And maybe reveal the permanent home of Latias and Latios (Pokemon Heroes, anyone?).

Philippines! I'm working on a FireRed hack set in the Philippines, and I've got a general idea of what 'mons would be available. Granted, it might be too similar to Alola, but I think it'd be somewhere between Alola and Hoenn in terms of culture, climate, and landscape. I also had an idea of a "sorbetero" trainer class, which would basically be ice cream vendors found next to carts on the city streets who battle using the Vanillite line.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...