henrymidfield's charcoal drawings - Current Project: Nintendo Heroines

henrymidfields

Which character do you want to see next?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Options

• Mia (Golden Sun)
    • Sheba (Golden Sun: Lost Age)
    • Solana (Pokémon)
    • Lyra (Pokemon DP Anime)
    • Dawn (Pokemon DP Anime)
    • Iris (Pokemon BW Anime)
    • Hilda (Pokemon BW Games)
    • Elincia (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance)
    • Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
    • Eirika (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones)
    • Nanna (Fire Emblem: Thracia 776)
    • Celica (Fire Emblem: Gaiden/Echoes)
    • Lucy Liberty (F-Zero: Falcon Legend Anime)
    • Jane B Christie (F-Zero: Maximum Velocity)
    • Marin (Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening)
    • Linkle (Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Warriors)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2017 at 4:15 AM, SoulWeaver said:

Out of curiosity, how obscure are you willing to go with this?

Anything that is published directly by Nintendo, BUT isn't the standard Nintendo fare of Samus/Peach...and actually, not Zelda. I'm bending the rules for Zelda as I'm really enjoying the games. And in the case of Fire Emblem, anything that isn't Lucina, Female Corrin or other main female characters from Awakening/Fates. Eirika, Caeda, Lilina, etc; you know the drill.

9 hours ago, henrymidfields said:

Anything that is published directly by Nintendo, BUT isn't the standard Nintendo fare of Samus/Peach...and actually, not Zelda. I'm bending the rules for Zelda as I'm really enjoying the games. And in the case of Fire Emblem, anything that isn't Lucina, Female Corrin or other main female characters from Awakening/Fates. Eirika, Caeda, Lilina, etc; you know the drill.

Does Liv from Custom Robo Arena work?

20 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Does Liv from Custom Robo Arena work?

She sure does! I'll put that on the queue. I'm just about to finish drawing Iris from the Pokemon Best Wishes anime. Out of curiosity, what's your most and least favorite so far?

Edited by henrymidfields

I haven't really thought about least favorite, but for favorite I'd probably go with a tie between Robin and May - the Robin looks well done, and you never forget the first girl(fictional or otherwise) your 8-year-old self had a crush on.

Gallery: 9 December 2017 - Celica (FE: Shadows of Valentia) and Iris (Pokemon Anime)

Comments:
@SoulWeaver: Thanks hahahaha. Was RSE your first game? My crush, on the other hand: Well if Serena was 20+, I'd definitely have a crush on her. I have a soft spot on Amourshipping, actually.

So yet another pair of fine ladies from Fire Emblem and Pokemon. This time, the two starring on my gallery's catwalk are Celica from Shadows of Valentia, and Iris from the Best Wishes Anime!

Celica (FE: Shadows of Valentia)

Spoiler

dA5H34f.jpg

Iris (Pokemon Best Wishes Anime)

Spoiler

FSSepUk.jpg
It's not very recognizable, but I actually built Iris using stick figures, and also using a larger grid. Normally, I would use 3cm x 3cm square grids for most other characters, but here, I decided to go for 4cm x 4cm. Ironically, I haven't seen Best Wishes at all, so I don't really have a strong opinion on Iris.

By now, I think there is a good collection of heroines from Nintendo, and especially Fire Emblem and Pokemon - my two favourite franchises. As there is a request for Sheba (Golden Sun) from @Rezzy (and a vote from Bulbagarden), I will draw that next. I can't guarantee that will be done by Christmas, however...

Edited by henrymidfields

7 hours ago, henrymidfields said:

Thanks hahahaha. Was RSE your first game? My crush, on the other hand: Well if Serena was 20+, I'd definitely have a crush on her. I have a soft spot on Amourshipping, actually.

Nah, I started back in RBY era when I was little because some guy across the street was done with his copy of each and thought he'd make a couple little kids' day, but for whatever reason May was the one who stuck with me once I watched the anime - I still only use the female character in RSE and ORAS as something of a tribute to that part of my past. If the old school anime hadn't had Erika so stuck on perfume, though, I'm fairly certain she would have come first - she's pretty cute, but no little boy can overlook the evils of perfume.

Also, great job on Celica! I'm not really an Iris fan, so I decided not to try and critique it because I'm worried my bias may shine through, but your Celica is amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Gallery: 18 December 2017 - Sheba (Golden Sun: Dark Dawn)

This is possibly my final upload before the year ends. As a Christmas present to @Rezzy for her request, here is my interpretation of the official artwork of Sheba from Golden Sun: Lost Age.

Spoiler

G7PxSCn.jpg

Edited by henrymidfields

16 hours ago, henrymidfields said:

Gallery: 18 December 2017 - Sheba (Golden Sun: Dark Dawn)

This is possibly my final upload before the year ends. As a Christmas present to @Rezzy for her request, here is my interpretation of the official artwork of Sheba from Golden Sun: Lost Age.

Hide contents

G7PxSCn.jpg

Very nice, would you mind if I used that as an avatar for a bit?  When someone makes a piece for me, I like to show it off.  (And is it okay if I crop it a bit?  I'll make sure to credit you as the artist.)

20 hours ago, henrymidfields said:

@Rezzy: Feel free. It's an honour on my part. :) Can you, however, make sure to state that it's a study of the official artwork?

Okey doke!