Unpopular Zelda Opinions

Weeping Dalek (MK)

The Kinstone fusion from Minish Cap is something that needs to be explored more.

Uh... uh... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_qqrHahOzo

...Are you sure that's a good idea?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that imo, the handholdy-ness is the only real problem with SS.

No no, that wasn't the problem at all. The problem was that you couldn't turn the hand holding OFF. Also, the text moves slower than a brain-damaged slug in molasses. Skyward Sword was the first game to convince me that scrolling text could be a form of padding in a video game.

Kinstone fusing was awesome! I loved seeing what secrets I'd open up with them and what goodies I'd find as a result. This is how I discovered upgrades that helped me against Vaati (he's still the only final boss battle in Zelda that's given me a lot of trouble), as well as the self-control bombs and other stuff. It also added a nice sense of exploration without the problem of feeling totally lost that I get at times in other Zeldas (like Link's Awakening and the Oracles... I literally couldn't get anywhere in those games without guides since there are pretty much zero hints for you).

Uh... uh... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_qqrHahOzo

...Are you sure that's a good idea?

I disagree strongly with this video because it is actually easy to miss a lot of kinstone areas. I cant tell you how many times i fused and forgot about the result until i was wandering around in the process of going to the next story objective. Not only that, there are a lot of ways one could have a similar system and make it less obvious as to where the objective is. You also have to keep in mind that many fusions resulted in things opening up before the player even got to that point in the map. The real problem with the Kinstones werent this guy's muttering about imagined handholding, but the fact some of them were missable. Some characters were fickle in the time windows in which they wanted to fuse. And this could lead to potentially missed fusions and that can be highly aggravating. Exploring the possibilities of a system like that would be neat. How on earth would you know for certain that fusing withe the Tingle brothers actually resulted in acquiring an item? (the boomerang) Oh thats right, you wouldnt. (unless you looked at a guide)

Okay, so how about we have all the secrets revealed with kinstones... without the kinstones? Imagine if all the cool secrets were revealed by default, and instead of tediously talking to every NPC in town, you could just explore the world and find cool stuff. Less backtracking, same reward. What are the downsides?

Okay, so how about we have all the secrets revealed with kinstones... without the kinstones? Imagine if all the cool secrets were revealed by default, and instead of tediously talking to every NPC in town, you could just explore the world and find cool stuff. Less backtracking, same reward. What are the downsides?

Possibly making the game easier than it already is? TMC is a pretty easy game (for the most part, I did mention that Vaati is actually a difficult battle), you know, and if some of the things you can find with Kinstones were available right away, like certain upgrades...yeah.

I don't ship Link and Zelda in any game except SS and find it silly that most fans think they get married in every Zelda game.

I agree completely. The idea of them being soulmates that aren't necessarily romantic would be infinitely more interesting, in my opinion.

OoT's Water Temple is easy. Though this doesn't seem to be a super unpopular opinion

Oracle of Ages > Oracle of Seasons. I've met like zero people who agree with this.

Alright, so here's how this will work:

1. Good to see that there's a bunch of Zelda fans. However, I closed a similar topic on the Pokemon boards, so it would be rather silly of me to leave this one open.

2. Now go post your opinions here, paying special attention to the word "unpopular". As in, if I wander into a couple of giant forums, I'd better not see massive support for your opinion.