Moments Where Your Parents/Others Walked In While Playing Video Games

CooledEvergreen

I've seen a bunch of people talk about where they were playing video games and others walked in, so I thought I'd share mine:

There was a time where I was playing Final Fantasy Type-0 when my Dad walked in. I was playing as Cinque, who for people who don't know that is, here's a picture:

cinque-540x513.png

My Dad saw her and asked "What's with the Japanese and skirts?"

I replied "It's just a thing with culture"

I'm always nervous about family members seeing me play Fates cuz... Ya know... "Blow gently."

EDIT: Almost every time my dad walks in there's a woman with big boobs and he's always like "Ah, she's got some big old jugs. This is Japanese, isn't it?" D;

Edited by MissShake

I was... hum... "enhancing" my relationship with Cassandra in Dragon Age Inquisition.

Yeah, that was the most awkward one.

That reminds me. I had just beaten Catherine and got the Normal Chaos ending. My father comes home and my sister like jumps up in front of the tv to make sure he doesn't see what's going on XD

I'd die if any of my family members sans my sister walked in on the DA love scenes. Especially the Origins ones, the secondhand embarrassment would be real...

Uhh... last time that happened was when I was playing Warriors Orochi 3U. It wasn't so much "walking in" as "actually semi-paying attention"; anyway, my dad started reading the subtitles until he got tired of tripping over names.

Not near as bad as other people have had it. Plus, that was a year ago.

Well I am stuck playing console games in the living room so I tend to get games for that that I don't mind my dad seeing (my mom doesn't care what I play) and the only M game I have for my console is Bayonetta 1 and 2 which my dad keeps threatening to play because he really likes the name and he loves guns. Of course if he ever does play either one I will probable die of laughter because he will be horrid and die in game a lot before he will listen to me. I tend to play my 3DS games in my room with door closed so I don't have a big problem with my parents trying to figure out what I am playing, but I keep the boxes in my room because if my parents ever read some of them I will have to do some fast talking.

My parents have never really cared what I played (I'm an adult now, so they care even less). In fact, a lot of times my mom was laughing or otherwise making funny comments when she notices me playing…

The only problem that we had was one my mom bought Mortal Kombat for my sisters and I when we were young (she didn't know what the rating system was like at the time, so she didn't realize it was for mature audiences), none of us were traumatized, but someone else, I think my cousin, explain to us what that meant, and she took it back. It wasn't our most popular game anyway, so none of us really cared.

The only other problem I had was when I rented Banjo-Tooie as a kid, and was unaware of the death scene in the beginning... That gave me nightmares, so my mom took it back… To this day, I still find the game kind of creepy…

Interestingly, my nightmares were brought the dead character being angry at others for his death, but there is a way to make him come back as the devil was actually angry, and possess enemies, allowing a second player to play… So I was having nightmares about an actual game mechanic…

Oh, and there is a scene in Pokémon Colosseum where an alarm is going off… Everyone in my family thought the alarm was real, but I had to explain that them that it was just a game… Since then, I've muted that scene out of common courtesy…

My mom walked in while I was playing Baten Kaitos, and thought it was really cool. She got a good laugh out of Anuenue.

It's usually the reverse for me and my dad. . .though that was when I was a preteen, and he played Doom.

Mom walked in on me playing Bayonetta. I was afraid since he's Christian, but her first reaction was "are her heels guns?" So that let it slide. Parents both walk in sometimes on me playing Bloodborne recently and usually have no comment, they've just accepted the weird games I play. Mom thought the Doll was cute though.

Oh, was playing Brawl once. Dad said my character is a pretty girl. I didn't want to correct him that the pretty girl, Marth, is a boy.

Normally my mom just asks what game it is, but the one time she walked in on me playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions led to this comment.

"This is weird and not what I'd expect you to play!" Cue me attempting to explain what was going on and us sharing a laugh over it.

[spoiler=I had a very embarrassing moment while playing FE10.]

It happened in chapter 3-8. There was the conversation between Zelgius and Valtomé. I have the wird hobby to voiceact some videogame characters for myself. Since Valtomé is trans to me I gave him a female voice. Apparently my voice was so high when and loud when I spoke in girly voice Uvee, hee, hee that my mom heared it, came into my room and asked me what happened. When she saw me voiceacting him, she asked herself: WTF? Honestly I'd have the same reaction, if I was in her situation.

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

My mum walked in when I was playing No More Heroes and the cut scene that plays after defeating Bad Girl was commencing which is basically BG bleeding out while while screaming "I'm a bad girl!". Luckily I was 16 at the time and I just told my mum a white lie by saying "Quentin Tarantino wrote the story for this game" and she bought it.

Why didn't I press the skip button...