Count Until Mods Post! Current Count: 69 haha sex number

Truthblade

1 hour ago, Anime27Arts said:

Its not the same though....

Out of everyone there, I might go for Catria anyway.  I've only played the games for Rhajat, Tharja, Faye, and Catria (Shadow Dragon & SOV) and out of those, the only one I really like and don't find kind of annoying is Catria.  She's pretty cool. Idk

Regardless of whose team I go to, I'll truly be supporting Caeda.

#She Deserved This Gauntlet

Wait, you never played Blazing Sword? But... how?

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Wait, you never played Blazing Sword? But... how?

When the gameboy was big, I was like 7 and not ready for a FE game because I wouldn't understand and would lose every unit.  Now, I can't find a copy of it and heroes takes up most of the storage on my phone so I don't have room for an emulator.  I have a copy of Shadow Dragon, Path of Radiance,  and all the 3DS era games. I've watched my brother's play through of Sacred Stones on his emulator so I kind of know that.  Eventually I'm going to get around to the FE games but currently I'm broke and all of my Christmas is going towards a switch and warriors. 

5 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

I bought about five 75 orb packs, plus used maybe 80-100 free orbs. So whether getting 12 5-stars in 450-475 orbs is good is up to you, I suppose. And then they decided to punish me by adding Katarina to another banner, so it evens out regardless.

That sounds pretty solid, they do indeed check one another's weakness. But I do have to ask... does everyone that you use often actually have Glacies? At least Katarina comes with it naturally, which probably made her an easy choice to use.

... Oh. Yeah, that... might not have been worth it. 

Naw, I just like to joke about it after others made the connection that my name is shared by the skill (I made "Rex Glacies" far before Heroes, and one of the reasons I started playing is because I was interested in seeing how good that skill was. I am not disappointed.).

By sheer coincidence though, by now three of my main units (Fjorm, Olwen, and Katarina) all have Glacies, so now I'm searching for a suitable unit as a forth member of the Glacies Legion (working title).

When the gameboy was big, I was like 7 and not ready for a FE game because I wouldn't understand and would lose every unit.  Now, I can't find a copy of it and heroes takes up most of the storage on my phone so I don't have room for an emulator.  I have a copy of Shadow Dragon, Path of Radiance,  and all the 3DS era games. I've watched my brother's play through of Sacred Stones on his emulator so I kind of know that.  Eventually I'm going to get around to the FE games but currently I'm broke and all of my Christmas is going towards a switch and warriors. 

Do you have a Wii U? I played it on the Virtual Console as one of my first Fire Emblem games after Awakening.

10 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

Do you have a Wii U? I played it on the Virtual Console as one of my first Fire Emblem games after Awakening.

I do and I've thought about getting it on there, but my little brothers hardly let me touch the Wii U, so it will probably have to wait until they are too busy with the switch or something.

I do and I've thought about getting it on there, but my little brothers hardly let me touch the Wii U, so it will probably have to wait until they are too busy with the switch or something.

I've heard Raspberry Pi  can emulate GBA fairly well, if you can figure out how to use that.

Edited by SullyMcGully

Darn little kids hogging the game. You're older. Shouldn't you have the right to kick them off?

10 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

You're older. Shouldn't you have the right to kick them off?

Don't do that! My brothers did that to me when I was a kid, and it really hurt my feelings! Then again, I suppose that's what I deserved for erasing all of the save data on the Gamecube memory card. 

42 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

I've heard Raspberry Pi  can emulate GBA fairly well, if you can figure out how to use that.

I might have try to that sometime.

14 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Darn little kids hogging the game. You're older. Shouldn't you have the right to kick them off?

"Aw don't be mean to the poor baby!" I haven't really messed with the Wii U because every game I bought for it, they played through and spoiled it for me and would complain if I tried to restart it.  ;-; Being older means nothing, it just means you get in more trouble for things.

3 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

You're older. Shouldn't you have the right to kick them off?

You need right to kick your younger sibblings?

3 hours ago, Anime27Arts said:

"Aw don't be mean to the poor baby!" I haven't really messed with the Wii U because every game I bought for it, they played through and spoiled it for me and would complain if I tried to restart it.  ;-; Being older means nothing, it just means you get in more trouble for things.

But then what's to point of being the oldest one?

I suddenly feel lucky that my sister and I never had much of a problem with sharing games and consoles. Except now that we moved away from each other, and she kept all the Harvest Moon games...

4 hours ago, Bartozio said:

But then what's to point of being the oldest one?

You get do a lot of stuff that the younger siblings don't get to, like getting to stay up late.  You also get first dibs on most things since the oldest gets babied because they were the first. Sucks that I'm the middle child who gets nothing.  There's no point in being a middle child.

Just now, Anime27Arts said:

You get do a lot of stuff that the younger siblings don't get to, like getting to stay up late.  You also get first dibs on most things since the oldest gets babied because they were the first. Sucks that I'm the middle child who gets nothing.  There's no point in being a middle child.

But... you get to stay up later because you're older, sure, but not relative to your age... So it's not like having younger sibblings mean you can actually stay up later then if you didn't. Rubbing it in their face that you can stay up later might be nice though.

I'm pretty sure I've never gotten first dibs on anything because I was older. Isn't it always the youngest who gets babied?

Being the middle child sounds awesome. You still have a younger sibbling to bully, but you have none of the responsibilities the oldest one has.

I'm such a great big brother...

7 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Sucks that I'm the middle child who gets nothing.  There's no point in being a middle child.

But this is clearly another reason why Catria is the best choice to support in this VG! He says as he doesn't actually support her himself.

3 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Being the middle child sounds awesome. You still have a younger sibbling to bully, but you have none of the responsibilities the oldest one has.

I dunno, from all the middle siblings that I know, it normally tends to be the opposite. They don't really get any of the benefits of either being the youngest or the oldest, so they just get kinda stuck with the worst parts of both. Depends on the family as well of course, but that's been the case for most of the people I've talked to. And in my own experience, being the middle child between an older sibling and a bunch of pets. Talk about younger "siblings" getting babied...

32 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

But... you get to stay up later because you're older, sure, but not relative to your age... So it's not like having younger sibblings mean you can actually stay up later then if you didn't. Rubbing it in their face that you can stay up later might be nice though.

I'm pretty sure I've never gotten first dibs on anything because I was older. Isn't it always the youngest who gets babied?

I'm such a great big brother...

In a family with more than 2 kids, the oldest gets treated well because they are the first one and will always be special because they were the first one and the youngest gets babies for obvious reasons.  Bragging rights plays a lot into being first child, because I hated how my older sister would gloat about getting things that I couldn't because I was too young.  Also when it comes to things that are expensive, parents usually have more money to splurge on the oldest, especially when it comes to things like college.  They also don't have to deal with teachers comparing them to their sibling who also took that course.  Almost every teacher I've had ever had has used the "Well your sister was/did ......" and it's really not fun. :/  Plus, the oldest doesn't have to deal with hand-me downs.  The oldest gets to pick out the clothing because they came first while younger siblings get their clothing and have to see if it will fit before thinking about getting  them something new.  When I was little, I never really got a brand new pair of shoes, mainly basketball shoes.  Anytime I'd outgrow my pair, they'd buy my sister a new pair and pass hers down to me.  

25 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

But this is clearly another reason why Catria is the best choice to support in this VG! He says as he doesn't actually support her himself.

I dunno, from all the middle siblings that I know, it normally tends to be the opposite. They don't really get any of the benefits of either being the youngest or the oldest, so they just get kinda stuck with the worst parts of both. Depends on the family as well of course, but that's been the case for most of the people I've talked to. And in my own experience, being the middle child between an older sibling and a bunch of pets. Talk about younger "siblings" getting babied...

That's honestly why I went with her.  She understands the struggle of being the middle child!!

This is pretty accurate.  The middle child still will get hand-me downs and teased/bullied by the older sibling while also getting blamed for the youngers ones' mistakes, getting yelled at to stop being mean to the "baby", giving things up to the younger ones.  Parents also tend to ignore the middle child more, though usually not on purpose.  The oldest was their first, the youngest is their baby and the middle child is just kind of there.  

Being a middle child doesn't really have advantages unless you just want to be ignored.

Edited by Anime27Arts

I'm the oldest in my family, my younger brother relied on me for having the initiative when it comes to doing stuff together. I also have more responsibility and greater expectations since my father flat out said to the entire family  that I have the greatest potentially in the family,. I have a lot to live up for   

@Anime27Arts Yeah, that sounds about like what others have told me. I think part of why my parents didn't have more than two kids is because my dad is also a middle child, and went through all the unfortunate stuff that goes along with that. Not that being the youngest sibling has been a perfect experience for me, but being the middle child certainly sounds rough.

4 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I'm the oldest in my family, my younger brother relied on me for having the initiative when it comes to doing stuff together. I also have more responsibility and greater expectations since my father flat out said to the entire family  that I have the greatest potentially in the family,. I have a lot to live up for   

Well, it's good to be blunt I suppose, haha. My parents tried to say similar things about me at one point, but I've done a good job of proving them wrong so far :P

As a middle child, I don't think it's as bad as it sounds, though the "curse" certainly does exist. Though, I'm not certain if it's more of being the ignored middle child, or being the only boy with two sisters and a stay-at-home mom who get to decide where to go, which families to become friends with, what TV shows to watch, etc.