Count Until Mods Post! Current Count: 69 haha sex number

Truthblade

19 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

I had no idea who to side with ;-; I really don't like the two characters I know that are left in the gauntlet. I let my little brother who plays FE choose and he choose Dorcas.  He said he was a good character for the most part.  I'll probably go Sigurd in the finally if Dorcas doesn't move on.  

Yeah, I didn't have much reason to go with anyone either. I was going to go with Faye, since Vaximillian had talked me into joining her... but then all those free orbs we got today gave me two more Sigurds on the Block B banner, which means I now have three Sigurds and zero Katarinas. I decided I have to join Sigurd now, to hopefully appease his vengeful spirit.

I have an... unfortunate track record with forgetting birthdays. I think I've forgotten the birthdays of every one of my friends on at least one occasion, and one that I particularly felt bad about was forgetting my mom's birthday one year. I only remembered when one of my friends asked me to wish her happy birthday for him. I can remember the dates in advance, but for whatever reason, it just doesn't occur to me when it's the actual day of their birthday, which is... not good.

So basically, if I ever forget the birthday of any of you all here... please accept my apologies, and feel free to yell at me if you so wish.

301 ...How was your post already edited before I even posted mine? That's gotta be one of the most impressive ninjas so far.

Edited by DefaultBeep

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

Thank you for not failing me.

Now to get all the 3x3s!

Gosh darn it; my quest will never end, will it?

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'm still waiting to see if anyone gets the reference listed as my Location. So far no one has, although it is admittedly an obscure one.

Oh no! D: Was it before or after I joined SF? I'd feel kinda bad if I missed it, although I guess I haven't checked your profile that often either.

Yeah, I have no idea what your location is. I think I was going to ask what it was a reference to in your interview, but I kinda forgot.

It was... one of either before or after. Naw, I won't be too vague here. You joined just a few days too late. But not by much.

32 minutes ago, Claudius I said:

Nice, then I'm Arvis, because I like barbecue.

Nice burn. Burn? Get it, cause - is executed.

23 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

I had no idea who to side with ;-; I really don't like the two characters I know that are left in the gauntlet. I let my little brother who plays FE choose and he choose Dorcas.  He said he was a good character for the most part.  I'll probably go Sigurd in the finally if Dorcas doesn't move on.  

Yay for Dorcas! I went with him because unlike the others (aside from maybe Sigurd) he is already happily married.

With birthdays I actually have a piece of paper with all y'alls birthdays written on it. That way, I won't forget. And if I do, I try to check the calendar on this site to see what birthdays are in the upcoming days.

303, happy Meap?

Edited by Rex Glacies

I've only caught 2 people on their Birthday on this site and that was Beep and Rezzy.  I added them into my phone recently, so I'm going to try stay on top of things and give birthday wishes.

2 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

It was... one of either before or after. Naw, I won't be too vague here. You joined just a few days too late. But not by much.

Yay for Dorcas! I went with him because unlike the others (aside from maybe Sigurd) he is already happily married.

With birthdays I actually have a piece of paper with all y'alls birthdays written on it. That way, I won't forget. And if I do, I try to check the calendar on this site to see what birthdays are in the upcoming days.

303, happy Meap?

So that means its in late August, Early September, maybe?

My brother said he was a really good person, I like his motives in fighting for his wife.  I don't believe we are friends on the game though.  If you want to add me my code is 2667371554.  Currently Oboro is up front but I can put whoever up.  I can make a list of all of my units if you'd like.

2 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Gosh darn it; my quest will never end, will it?

Yeah, I have no idea what your location is. I think I was going to ask what it was a reference to in your interview, but I kinda forgot.

303, happy Meap?

On the bright side, if we ever get into the thousands, it'll be a lot easier for you to get them. Just make sure to get 1,010, 2,020, 3,030, and so on, and you're good!

It's a reference to a song title from one of my favorite games. In Ys II, there's an area called the Palace of Solomon, which sounds very cool and refined and all that. But in one of the soundtrack releases for the game (and I think in-game in one of the older English releases), it was unfortunately translated as the Palace of Salmon instead, which I've found entertaining for a while. There are a lot of other great quotes from that old release that I've thought about using for my member title, but this thread and you guys in general have given me too many other good options for my title already, heh.

To be fair, both would technically be correct no matter what. That actually makes me feel a bit better, since I didn't actually miss it during the time I've known you, haha. Let's see if I can catch it next year then!

I think I might do what Anime said, and put your birthdays in my phone so I can "remember" them. I guess I should probably turn on calendar notifications too, then...

306 Yes I am, Rex. Thanks you :)

10 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

So that means its in late August, Early September, maybe?

My brother said he was a really good person, I like his motives in fighting for his wife.  I don't believe we are friends on the game though.  If you want to add me my code is 2667371554.  Currently Oboro is up front but I can put whoever up.  I can make a list of all of my units if you'd like.

Yes, though if you want a more exact answer I can say that my favorite Celestial Spirit from Fairy Tail is (ironically) the zodiac of my month. I could just say which month it is, but where's the fun in that? I far prefer sending people on pointless quests to find where I mentioned this seemingly arbitrary piece of information.

Oh, nice. I'll be adding you once I have the chance. I presently have Fjorm though I can change her as well.

4 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

On the bright side, if we ever get into the thousands, it'll be a lot easier for you to get them. Just make sure to get 1,010, 2,020, 3,030, and so on, and you're good!

It's a reference to a song title from one of my favorite games. In Ys II, there's an area called the Palace of Solomon, which sounds very cool and refined and all that. But in one of the soundtrack releases for the game (and I think in-game in one of the older English releases), it was unfortunately translated as the Palace of Salmon instead, which I've found entertaining for a while. There are a lot of other great quotes from that old release that I've thought about using for my member title, but this thread and you guys in general have given me too many other good options for my title already, heh.

To be fair, both would technically be correct no matter what. That actually makes me feel a bit better, since I didn't actually miss it during the time I've known you, haha. Let's see if I can catch it next year then!

I think I might do what Anime said, and put your birthdays in my phone so I can "remember" them. I guess I should probably turn on calendar notifications too, then...

306 Yes I am, Rex. Thanks you :)

But won't I have to get stuff like 1xx1, 2xx2, 3xx3? That would be the exact same!

Translation errors are the best. And also the worst. Mostly the worst.

Yeah, you're safe in terms of failure. But again, I was setting myself up for failure there. But my experiment had to go on. For science!

Oh yeah, and here's the song in question, for those curious:

Spoiler

It kinda has some Dark Pit's Theme vibes, although leaning a bit more toward the rock sound than the acoustic. Also this song came first so take that Nintendo >:)

3 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Yes, though if you want a more exact answer I can say that my favorite Celestial Spirit from Fairy Tail is (ironically) the zodiac of my month. I could just say which month it is, but where's the fun in that? I far prefer sending people on pointless quests to find where I mentioned this seemingly arbitrary piece of information.

But won't I have to get stuff like 1xx1, 2xx2, 3xx3? That would be the exact same!

Translation errors are the best. And also the worst. Mostly the worst.

Yeah, you're safe in terms of failure. But again, I was setting myself up for failure there. But my experiment had to go on. For science!

D: Why couldn't you have said it in Fruits Basket terms? I actually know those characters!

Well, if you want to make things harder for yourself. I was planning to go easy on you, but if you insist on the difficult path, then I won't stop you!

As an SNK fan, I can confirm that dumb translations are the best. In the words of our king, Terry Bogard: "Oooh. You make me so angry, ya big silly. Don't come round here no more, no more. Doo wah." - Fatal Fury Special, Vs. Geese Howard.

I'll just set the entirety of August and September as your birthday in my phone, then. I'm bound to get it right on one of those days ;)

5 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

D: Why couldn't you have said it in Fruits Basket terms? I actually know those characters!

As an SNK fan, I can confirm that dumb translations are the best. In the words of our king, Terry Bogard: "Oooh. You make me so angry, ya big silly. Don't come round here no more, no more. Doo wah." - Fatal Fury Special, Vs. Geese Howard.

*Looks up Fruits Basket*

Chinese Zodiac? Oh what, you wanted me to reveal my age instead of my birth month? That's low, even for a mole.

I'm just thinking of ye olde translated games. Y'know, "All your bases are belong to us" and "Conglaturations" and the like. Both wonderful memes and cringy readings at the same time.

Edited by Rex Glacies
Seriously, I'm a member of the Alt-Write Society. I'd never misspell a word!

5 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

*Looks up Fruits Basket*

Chinese Zodiac? Oh what, you wanted me to reveal my age instead of my birth month? That's low, even for a mole.

I'm just thinking of ye olde translated games. Y'know, "All your bases are belong to us" and "Conglaturations" and the like. Both wonderful memes and cringy readings at the same time.

It's the only zodiac-related manga/anime I know! It's not like I would've known who you're favorite character was anyway, even though you don't know anyone from that manga/show.
Fittingly, I also share my birth year with my favorite Fruits Basket character. Although my favorite may be different now, it's been several years since I've read/watched it. 

It's a shame that the era of horribly translations (that aren't on purpose) is pretty much entirely over now. And also a blessing. It's a double-edged sword, for sure.

18 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

:(

I'm sorry, dude. For what it's worth, I thought you were innocent.

I was wrong about every other person's alignment so far, but hey, getting one right counts for something, right?

On 8-12-2017 at 4:28 AM, Anime27Arts said:

It really has.  I've wanted to say my scum reads the whole time.  Turns out one was right!

You know, you could just talk to one another in pm about the game or something. If you're both not playing, it can't influence the game or anything...

23 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

I'm going to assume its dominant, or just picky. That would make sense why Owain doesn't have blue hair - his mother received the recessive gene, and thus she doesn't have genes for blue hair. On that note, it's why he inherits his father's hair - it's the dominant gene, though it doesn't answer why every kid inherits their father's hair (barring Lucina).

Lucina doesn't inherit her father's hair?

16 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

Challenge accepted my friend. I'll have your birthmonth figured out in no time! When I get around to it that is

Edit: I totally did not forget zodiacs don't perfectly correspond to months and that the zodiac you're reffereing to doesn't tell me anything more then what Beep already deduced. Why do people like maids so much though?

Edited by Bartozio

11 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

It's a shame that the era of horribly translations (that aren't on purpose) is pretty much entirely over now. And also a blessing. It's a double-edged sword, for sure.

It's a blessing. Almost always a blessing.

10 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

:(

And you were innocent all along. Frankly, I wasn't thinking you were scum anyway, but still, you had a good run.

1 hour ago, Bartozio said:

Lucina doesn't inherit her father's hair?

Challenge accepted my friend. I'll have your birthmonth figured out in no time! When I get around to it that is

Edit: I totally did not forget zodiacs don't perfectly correspond to months and that the zodiac you're reffereing to doesn't tell me anything more then what Beep already deduced. Why do people like maids so much though?

Oh. Let's just pretend I didn't say that whilst having a lapse of brain activity.

... I also didn't realize that. Man, did my brain even exist yesterday? First forgetting Lucina and Chrom's hair, then this. I suppose now I have the right to simply say my birthday is in September. Happy y'all?

I don't even like maids that much. Virgo is my favorite largely because I dislike her the least of the Celestial Spirits, as well as her being less fanservicey/perverted than the rest.

Edited by Rex Glacies
I placed a number. Most certainly!

8 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

And you were innocent all along. Frankly, I wasn't thinking you were scum anyway, but still, you had a good run.

Thanks a lot for the vote of confidence. I already knew you were bad at mafia. You apparently don't know how to count either. I'm salty and bitter right now so if I offend you, I did it on purpose but I'll regret it later.

In other news, it's snowing today where I live in Virginia. My boots leak, so it felt like the movie Titanic walking around this morning.