Truthblade

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/19/2019 at 5:24 PM, Shrimperor said:

guys, we need to post at a time when the mods are asleep
and post fast

afaik we're all based in the North America and Western Europe. If that helps your little game

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

So...
Any Asians or Australians around here?

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I think @XRay at least lives in China? I don't know, however, just inferring it from what they said some time ago.

I lived there for about three years when I was young. Coming from America, it is like living in a shit hole, culturally and socially speaking, and literally speaking when dealing with certain people that I do not wish to go into.

Rant below:

Spoiler

Socially, it is very conformist and stifling. I could blend in since I am yellow and had a rudimentary grasp of the language. And since I was young, the conformity was not that hard to get used to since everyone around you was conforming too; now that I am an adult, I cannot imagine being able to conform now though. There was practically zero critical and independent thinking in school; there is no such thing as "what do you think?" or "how can you make it better?" or "how does it make you feel?" or any open ended questions. The mountain of homework was hell, and the pressure to do them was oppressive. I actually had to stay up past midnight a few times to finish them, and I was just in first through third grade (I developed a huge aversion to homework when I came back to America). Their high school exit exam is fucking hell, and I heard some people commit suicide over it due to the stress or feeling shame of not getting a good enough score.

Culturally, their huge superiority complex and extremely vain ego also mask a subtle but undeniably strong racism against foreigners. They do not think too highly of Koreans and South East Asians, thinking them as below them culturally. It is even worst for dark skinned people as they kind of think black people and Indians as somewhat subhuman due to their skin; their subconscious view is not like ours where we equate dark skin with crime and barbarism, their view is more like "ew, why would you marry dark skinned people; think of how your family will be perceived when you shit out an ugly baby" kind of thing. They are also low key hostile against Americans and white people, usually in a competitive sense of getting back at them by displacing them on the world stage and always trying to be smarter and better like a dick measuring contest. They are probably more hostile against Americans now; they are obviously not going to show open hostility towards white people and tourists, but I get the brunt of the despise when I identify as American first and foremost and I do not wish to "go back" to China/"the motherland"; thanks for the kind offer but I honestly prefer going back home to America instead of staying in your shit hole country. I also get a race traitor vibe when I do not identify as Chinese or partake in their festivities. And if you are Japanese, you get both the belittling and outright hostility. The Chinese could not get over how a "tiny" Japan could manage to belittle and humiliate such a big nation. I understand the hostility against old authoritarian Japanese government, but for fuck's sake leave the modern Japanese alone. There are often class periods where we take a break in the form of watching black and white WWII movies demonizing the Japanese and praising the heroism of the communist soldiers (the Nationalist/KMT do not really have prominent roles or mentioned much at all).

Not everyone is like that in China of course, but enough of them are that it makes going there unpleasant for me.

Sorry for the rant. I get a little angry when I think of my time there.

Edited by XRay

Lucky 4

12 hours ago, XRay said:

I lived there for about three years when I was young. Coming from America, it is like living in a shit hole, culturally and socially speaking, and literally speaking when dealing with certain people that I do not wish to go into.

Rant below:

Reveal hidden contents

Socially, it is very conformist and stifling. I could blend in since I am yellow and had a rudimentary grasp of the language. And since I was young, the conformity was not that hard to get used to since everyone around you was conforming too; now that I am an adult, I cannot imagine being able to conform now though. There was practically zero critical and independent thinking in school; there is no such thing as "what do you think?" or "how can you make it better?" or "how does it make you feel?" or any open ended questions. The mountain of homework was hell, and the pressure to do them was oppressive. I actually had to stay up past midnight a few times to finish them, and I was just in first through third grade (I developed a huge aversion to homework when I came back to America). Their high school exit exam is fucking hell, and I heard some people commit suicide over it due to the stress or feeling shame of not getting a good enough score.

Culturally, their huge superiority complex and extremely vain ego also mask a subtle but undeniably strong racism against foreigners. They do not think too highly of Koreans and South East Asians, thinking them as below them culturally. It is even worst for dark skinned people as they kind of think black people and Indians as somewhat subhuman due to their skin; their subconscious view is not like ours where we equate dark skin with crime and barbarism, their view is more like "ew, why would you marry dark skinned people; think of how your family will be perceived when you shit out an ugly baby" kind of thing. They are also low key hostile against Americans and white people, usually in a competitive sense of getting back at them by displacing them on the world stage and always trying to be smarter and better like a dick measuring contest. They are probably more hostile against Americans now; they are obviously not going to show open hostility towards white people and tourists, but I get the brunt of the despise when I identify as American first and foremost and I do not wish to "go back" to China/"the motherland"; thanks for the kind offer but I honestly prefer going back home to America instead of staying in your shit hole country. I also get a race traitor vibe when I do not identify as Chinese or partake in their festivities. And if you are Japanese, you get both the belittling and outright hostility. The Chinese could not get over how a "tiny" Japan could manage to belittle and humiliate such a big nation. I understand the hostility against old authoritarian Japanese government, but for fuck's sake leave the modern Japanese alone. There are often class periods where we take a break in the form of watching black and white WWII movies demonizing the Japanese and praising the heroism of the communist soldiers (the Nationalist/KMT do not really have prominent roles or mentioned much at all).

Not everyone is like that in China of course, but enough of them are that it makes going there unpleasant for me.

Sorry for the rant. I get a little angry when I think of my time there.

I have to apologize. I didn't mean to unearth horrible memories for you. Going by what you said here, your anger is more than a little understandable.

5 Fingers

36 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I have to apologize. I didn't mean to unearth horrible memories for you. Going by what you said here, your anger is more than a little understandable.

It is okay. At least my rant is counter propaganda against their propaganda.