Um... Hi.

SoloCross

Hello, I'm Solo, a long time lurker that finally made an account. I got into Fire Emblem when Awakening was released, the main draw for me was the skill and reclass system the game had (I've always liked games that allow you to customize character abilities). Some point after that I learned of Serenes Forest and began lurking the forums (Mainly because of the Let's Play's).

Other games I like include Tales of, Custom Robo, Jet Set Radio, Final Fantasy Tactics and Bravely Default.

I'm a pretty shy person (this is the main reason as to why I'm usually a lurker) and this is the first time I've used an internet forum in my entire life, so I'm kinda nervous and excited about it. I hope we can get along.

Welcome to the Forest, Solo. I can get the whole shy deal too, I used to look at the front page of Serenes frequently for Fire Emblem news, until I decided to make an account on the forums here and introduce myself. Enjoy yourself, and I hope I've helped in settling you in here.

Welcome to the Forest, SoloCross!

Ah, the Custom Robo series... I'm still wishing for a new one to goes out.

Custom Robo Arena was really enjoyable.

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

Also, we don't bite, no need to be nervous!

Bravely Default is pretty cool, the story is standard RPG fare (In a nutshell, the four crystals that keep balance in the world of Luxendarc have been taken by darkness and this kinda set the world completly out of whack, you have to travel around Luxendarc awakening the crystals while fighting the Eternian duchy, which doesn't want the crystals to be awakened for some reason...), at least until several really spoilery things happen, the characters are pretty cool and memorable, the game also has Tales of style skits, called Party Chats.

In my opinion the strongest point of the game is the gameplay; it plays like the pre-ATB Final Fantasy with a key difference, in addition to HP and MP you also have BP (Brave Points) which are spent when a character takes an action (you start at 0 BP, acting takes it to -1 and 1 BP is restored at the beginning of your turn, so you end up with 0 BP again), you store BP by "Defaulting" (Which puts the character in a defensive stance and doesn't spend BP, so you would have 1 BP at the beginning of your turn. You can store up to 3 BP) and by "Braving" you can take multiple actions on the same turn (So if you had 0 BP you could brave once to act twice in the same turn and end up with -2 BP, you can brave up to 4 times as long as you don't go below -4 BP) If a characters BP is negative at the beginning of your turn that character won't be able to act. Bosses and some enemies also make use of this mechanic so boss battles are really entretaining and random encounters are much less of a hassle.

The game also has a job system (Like FFV or FFT) where your party members can have a main job (Skillset, passive skill, weapon affinities and stats), a sub job (Just skillset) and support skills, there are +20 jobs so you have a lot of customization options for your party members.

Fair warning, the game can get really grindy at times (Especially if you are like me and want to master all the jobs...).

Bottomline is, if you like old school RPG's you will probably like Bravely Default (there is a free demo on the eShop if you want to try before you buy).

...sorry for the text wall.