So I figured out how to get walls to function but...

SaXor the Nobody

I'll get straight to the point.

When I have the wall tile on the main layer (As seen here: http://i.imgur.com/w32M3XS.png)and the tile change above it on a different layer, the breakable wall doesn't appear initially. It works properly and disappears when destroyed (finally), but I have to suspend and resume for it to appear.

However, when I do it the other way around, This happens Yc1T2Ww.png

The wall spawns with 0 HP and to get it to disappear, I have to suspend and resume.

Simply put, I don't understand exactly why this happens, especially since the doors work fine.

Also, how do I make units attack a wall during an event? (The opening_event specifically) Using the FIGH command just freezes the game. (Most likely because there's no unit to fight) Placing the Wall unit (0xFC) creates a glitchy brigand that also freezes the game when attacked.

That's all for now.

Edited by SaXor the Nobody

I'll get straight to the point.

When I have the wall tile on the main layer (As seen here: http://i.imgur.com/w32M3XS.png)and the tile change above it on a different layer, the breakable wall doesn't appear initially. It works properly and disappears when destroyed (finally), but I have to suspend and resume for it to appear.

How is your broken wall layer set up? I'm able to insert a map with a breakable wall and get it to work just fine. Example 1, Example 2.

Placing the Wall unit (0xFC) creates a glitchy brigand that also freezes the game when attacked.

Have you tried forcing the attacking character to equip a weapon they don't have an animation for? This will force a map battle. If you're not sure how to force certain equipment, check out the Ultimate Tutorial.

How is your broken wall layer set up?

Here it is:

http://i.imgur.com/2DaMtIE.png

I did it the same way I did my doors.

Have you tried forcing the attacking character to equip a weapon they don't have an animation for? This will force a map battle. If you're not sure how to force certain equipment, check out the Ultimate Tutorial.

I'll take a look at it.

If I'm counting my tiles correctly, your broken wall is at [3,10] rather than [3,8].

I put 10 as the y-value because while the actual breakable wall is at (3,8), the tile change is 3 tiles tall with the wall being the bottom tile. Changing the coordinates from (3,10) to (3,8) causes the map inserter to give the "Unassigned Tile in map" error.

The reason I'm suggesting [3,10] is because your X,Y coordinates should be the tile that gets interacted with (i.e. the break).

That's what the game associates tile changes with.

[3,8] is the wall two tiles above the break.

An "Unassigned Tile in Map" error is pretty vaguely worded. What it's trying to say is "You specified a tile change that's X by Y big, but some of the tiles in that change are blank".

• 3 weeks later...

Coming back to this after a looooong break.

Anyway, I figured out the problem with the wall tile change, and it was rather dumb...

The reason it didn't work was simply because the layer's ID was 0...even though it was supposed to be 0 because it was the first tile change layer.

I guess the game has some code that triggers Layer ID 0 automatically before the map was loaded...or something like that.

Still can't figure out how to have units attack walls in cutscene without crashing the game tho...