Is it odd that PKMN Sun and moon deals with grey moral better than Fates?

IceBrand

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The serie do a good job in the plot department since a while.

But to take an example, the sixth gen talked about nuclear power, genocide, and immortality. wheee.

Sun and Moon seem to go around that way too.

Meanwhile you have Fates, a game that is supposed to be about war, choices, and family. Key word, supposed.

It's both sad and ludicrous.

Odd maybe, but I don't find it at all surprising~!

There's some symbolism behind rainbows and Hawaii, and it has fuck-all to do with LGBT. This is somewhat of a sore topic for certain people, so please don't go there

I'm 99.99999999999% positive that sylveon is and was referring to sxnHp.png rather than sxnJv.png and I wouldn't place her as the lying type so unless there's something I'm missing here I don't think that she was at all being offensive

at the very least she definitely wasn't trying to be offensive, and that's what is most important of all. Imo, at least, intention means everything when it comes to this kind of case.

Odd maybe, but I don't find it at all surprising~!

I'm 99.99999999999% positive that sylveon is and was referring to sxnHp.png rather than sxnJv.png and I wouldn't place her as the lying type so unless there's something I'm missing here I don't think that she was at all being offensive

at the very least she definitely wasn't trying to be offensive, and that's what is most important of all. Imo, at least, intention means everything when it comes to this kind of case.

My question to you: Do you know the context of what I referred to?

I was curious, so I googled it. Apparently the University of Hawaii calls their sport teams the "Rainbow Warriors". There's been some controversy over the name, but it doesn't seem major enough to make mentioning POkemon Hawaii and rainbows in the same sentence such a big deal

If there's something more to it would be best if you explained it.

I was curious, so I googled it. Apparently the University of Hawaii calls their sport teams the "Rainbow Warriors". There's been some controversy over the name, but it doesn't seem major enough to make mentioning POkemon Hawaii and rainbows in the same sentence such a big deal

If there's something more to it would be best if you explained it.

That's roughly a third of the story, and depending on where you got your info from, possibly less. The problem is explaining the rest of it. On one hand, the sports team really did need updated uniforms. On the other hand, it didn't warrant renaming everything, never mind WHY the name change was brought up.

To an outside observer, it doesn't look like much. To someone that's lived here, and dealt with the nonsense (especially the older crowd), it is a pretty big deal. It's one of those "you had to have been there to see what a mess it was" sort of thing.

My question to you: Do you know the context of what I referred to?

I do not and it's true without any given context I cannot understand you, which is why I allowed for missing context in my post. It's just that all that your post was showing me was that you were assuming a different definition out of sylveon's post and if you aren't willing to give better context than that then I can't see any different

I'm not trying to say that what you're talking about isn't a big deal at all though. If I'm indirectly saying that then I apologize for that. What I am trying to say is that your post accused sylveon of comparing hawaii's rainbows to "lgbt gay" but sylveon wasn't, she was comparing it to "happiness and joy gay" and that's where I'm confused because sylveon wasn't at all using the lgbt gay meaning. If you don't want to clarify because of the sensitive subject then I'll go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt, but I don't blame sylveon for not catching the severity of whatever she did because the situation's been incredibly vague so far and I still don't think she deserved you to get so upset with her when she's just a person without context.

The thing is, by now I think you have made it clear to her that this is a subject she needs to avoid. I don't like the method it took, but it happened. But either way, with her being so clueless I hardly think she could be blamed for the initial misunderstanding (especially since it looked like you were confused over something else which apparently you weren't?? but your wording threw probably multiple of us off)

Edited by Freohr Datia

The Pokedex entries in S/M are way creepier than anything Fire Emblem ever did.

Pretty sure that's intentional, though. The Pokedex has always been weirdly creepy, it's amazing.

primeape can get so angry that it dies from it but at least its face looks peaceful in death!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody/thing licked by haunter's cold tongue grows weaker and weaker each day until they die!!!!

"Should you feel yourself attacked by a sudden chill, it is evidence of an approaching Gengar. There is no escaping it. Give up."

Edited by Freohr Datia

haven't the pokedex entries always been a lil weird

idgi

yes they have been, as has already been said in here~

it's just... I'm fairly confident they've been getting even more dramatic with them in sun/moon

although looking back, it seems that haunter's entry is nothing new

I probably just didn't pay as much attention back then as I have been lately

Idk if other people can give better examples than I can

yes they have been, as has already been said in here~

it's just... I'm fairly confident they've been getting even more dramatic with them in sun/moon

although looking back, it seems that haunter's entry is nothing new

I probably just didn't pay as much attention back then as I have been lately

Idk if other people can give better examples than I can

ohh ok, gotcha

now I kind of want to go in and read them all

"It happened one morning - a boy with extrasensory powers awoke in bed transformed into KADABRA."

I wanna be kadabra too

ohh ok, gotcha

now I kind of want to go in and read them all

it's making me look into them more too!

One fun discovery I got to make so far is that caterpie is usually described as having a strong repellent smell in most entries until sun's sunny description revealing that "it has a strong repellent.... BUT it doesn't matter it usually gets eaten anyway"

rip

poor caterpie

also holy crap guys I looked at mimikyu's for the hell of it and

"Its actual appearance is unknown. A scholar who saw what was under its rag was overwhelmed by terror and died from the shock."

people read the pokedex? I'm just busy mashing that A button

It shows up EVERY SINGLE TIME you catch something new/evolve something. So I figured I'd take the extra 30 seconds to read the thing. Turns out there's some serious WTF entries, like Bewear (which talks about killing trainers. . .just the entry I want to see when I catch it, thanks Pokedex).

I do not and it's true without any given context I cannot understand you, which is why I allowed for missing context in my post. It's just that all that your post was showing me was that you were assuming a different definition out of sylveon's post and if you aren't willing to give better context than that then I can't see any different

I'm not trying to say that what you're talking about isn't a big deal at all though. If I'm indirectly saying that then I apologize for that. What I am trying to say is that your post accused sylveon of comparing hawaii's rainbows to "lgbt gay" but sylveon wasn't, she was comparing it to "happiness and joy gay" and that's where I'm confused because sylveon wasn't at all using the lgbt gay meaning. If you don't want to clarify because of the sensitive subject then I'll go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt, but I don't blame sylveon for not catching the severity of whatever she did because the situation's been incredibly vague so far and I still don't think she deserved you to get so upset with her when she's just a person without context.

The thing is, by now I think you have made it clear to her that this is a subject she needs to avoid. I don't like the method it took, but it happened. But either way, with her being so clueless I hardly think she could be blamed for the initial misunderstanding (especially since it looked like you were confused over something else which apparently you weren't?? but your wording threw probably multiple of us off)

If someone says "don't go there", it means that the conversation is in dangerous territory. The proper response is either to ask why (which may or may not make things worse, so be careful with this option), or apologize - the details can be sorted later, if necessary. In this case, the debacle isn't really common knowledge (and good luck getting all of the context, which I barely brushed on in my previous post), BUT it exists, which is something that must be kept in mind.