Shipping Survey

twistedxgrace

Um, again, you twist my words. I never said Elincia leaving Crimea for just any random reason is in character. Depending on the circumstances, it CAN be reasonable for her to leave. In a majority of cases, I would actually agree that she wouldn't leave. And even then, I actually would prefer that both she and Ike stay. It still would make more sense this way because I've always believed that Ike leaving the way he did was out of character for him as well.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I didn't know we were suppose to put why we chose the pairings since I was in a rush and was about to go to sleep lol. But any other pairings besides Chrom and Sumia, and Avatar and Cordelia I chose are mostly my preference. I like how Sumia makes Lucina as fast as Swordmaster and Cordelia has my three favorite classes which is Mercenary, Pegasus Knight and Dark Mage is what I would have put down.

So I didn't know we were suppose to put why we chose the pairings since I was in a rush and was about to go to sleep lol. But any other pairings besides Chrom and Sumia, and Avatar and Cordelia I chose are mostly my preference. I like how Sumia makes Lucina as fast as Swordmaster and Cordelia has my three favorite classes which is Mercenary, Pegasus Knight and Dark Mage is what I would have put down.

Sumia doesn't pass down Swordmaster, unfortunately, but I appreciate the thought. Thank you!

Most of the time I try to pair up whoever works and whatever the kids need depending on the team I'm building.

I will say this though. I don't actually pair Chrom with Sumia purely because of Cynthia and the english support chain of Chrom and Sumia (B, A and S). I don't like how Cythia looks with Chrom's hair and how foolish she is especially if Chrom is her father (and certain people like to interpret my words wrongly like when I was playfully teasing Sumia, Olivia and Cynthia because I was being sarcastic about disliking the three...I don't actually mind them).

However with most of the characters I don't have a preference as such. I mostly went for character's endings and picked the ones that I liked best as well as their support conversation chains (Chrom and F!Robin have the worst support chains, but they do make up for it with their in game cutscenes, a Lucina which has Ignus :XD: and their ending).

Edited by TheSilentChloey

Jugdral probably takes the cake, though, with all FE4 pairings being either "Pair these two and you get tons of character development, an extra awesome weapon for your inventory, and the best kids in 2nd gen" or "Pair these two and you get jack squat and mediocre children".

Well then :P

So I didn't know we were suppose to put why we chose the pairings since I was in a rush and was about to go to sleep lol.

I literally just thought you only gave explanations if your ideal pairing wasn't on the list.

I mostly went for character's endings and picked the ones that I liked best

Yeah, I do that to! Like, I wanted Lucina and Brady together, because I find the thought of Lucina bringing someone like Brady home to Chrom, as if Lucina was a normal teenage girl to be very amusing. But also voice actor reasons. But in the end I liked Lucina's solo ending too much.

Edited by PersonWithTime

Um, again, you twist my words. I never said Elincia leaving Crimea for just any random reason is in character. Depending on the circumstances, it CAN be reasonable for her to leave.

When you post in a forum, Ana, your post is out there to be criticized. As long as personal attacks or content is deemed against the rules by the mods, your post can be torn apart by anyone. You should have learned this from the few years you've been here.

Just as Augestein criticized my post. This is discussion. You will face views contrary to your own. And your response should be quoting or links or some kind of evidence. Not "you're twisting my words".

She was willing to, who is pretty much her sister, die so she can save her country. Despite how much it would hurt her. Duty and growth as queen was her entire arc in Part 2. Please enlighten us on a vague justification for her leaving the throne to go with Ike in any fashion. She is married to her country. One that she is willing to give up her personal happiness for. The same growth Marth had in his journeys.

It is canon that they are not a pair in the game the same fashion that Marth and Caeda are in their game, and yet you have a problem with it. It's contradicting your stance.

like when I was playfully teasing Sumia, Olivia and Cynthia because I was being sarcastic about disliking the three...I don't actually mind them).

Unless your definition of sarcastic is different where you live, the behavior you exhibited against other members of this forum in regards to pairings or criticism of Fates lacked any sarcasm whatsoever.

Those events can be quoted upon request.

For example:

(and certain people like to interpret my words wrongly

Cynthia

While I don't mind Cynthia, there are a few things that need to be said about this little bitch.

There is no way to interpret calling a character a bitch something as mild as "dislike". Do you call your acquaintances and your family's friends bitches?

How is this misinterpreting your words?

And don't try to pin this on me. You brought it up via strikethrough talking about the members of this forum. I'm merely correcting you playing the victim card.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Guys. This is about pairings in a video game setting. Why are so many feathers being ruffled?

Like, if you're gonna argue stuff, take it to PM.

EDIT: On-topic, Awakening's pairings didn't really wow me, to the point where I chose Maiden for Chrom. FE7, on the other hand. . .

Edited by eggclipse

Guys. This is about pairings in a video game setting. Why are so many feathers being ruffled?

EDIT: On-topic, Awakening's pairings didn't really wow me, to the point where I chose Maiden for Chrom. FE7, on the other hand. . .

I seriously don't see why either, but then I can't really comment on everyone else.

Somehow I always felt that the maiden added less to the games story then any of Chrom's other possible wives. I did actually try it once and I didn't like it from a story perspective (for a MaMu run I thing...if I remember correctly)

When you post in a forum, Ana, your post is out there to be criticized. As long as personal attacks or content is deemed against the rules by the mods, your post can be torn apart by anyone. You should have learned this from the few years you've been here.

Just as Augestein criticized my post. This is discussion. You will face views contrary to your own. And your response should be quoting or links or some kind of evidence. Not "you're twisting my words".

She was willing to, who is pretty much her sister, die so she can save her country. Despite how much it would hurt her. Duty and growth as queen was her entire arc in Part 2. Please enlighten us on a vague justification for her leaving the throne to go with Ike in any fashion. She is married to her country. One that she is willing to give up her personal happiness for. The same growth Marth had in his journeys.

It is canon that they are not a pair in the game the same fashion that Marth and Caeda are in their game, and yet you have a problem with it. It's contradicting your stance.

Unless your definition of sarcastic is different where you live, the behavior you exhibited against other members of this forum in regards to pairings or criticism of Fates lacked any sarcasm whatsoever.

Those events can be quoted upon request.

For example:

There is no way to interpret calling a character a bitch something as mild as "dislike". Do you call your acquaintances and your family's friends bitches?

How is this misinterpreting your words?

And don't try to pin this on me. You brought it up via strikethrough talking about the members of this forum. I'm merely correcting you playing the victim card.

And again as I said I was being sarcastic, you just so happened to take it the wrong way. And yes, I do call people bitches if I'm teasing them, or if they annoy me enough to do so. It just so happened to be the former so I struck it out. 1 because I wasn't actually being serious like I have corrected you and 2 because I assumed that someone as intelligent as yourself should have noticed that detail...in fact everyone should have picked that up and I'm 99.99% sure they damn well know that now.

Can't say. Talk started to go towards game design and stuff and I like talking about that. A lot.

Can't say. Talk started to go towards game design and stuff and I like talking about that. A lot.

You were fine. Read back a page or so, that's where things got weird.

EDIT:

I seriously don't see why either, but then I can't really comment on everyone else.

Somehow I always felt that the maiden added less to the games story then any of Chrom's other possible wives. I did actually try it once and I didn't like it from a story perspective (for a MaMu run I thing...if I remember correctly)

And again as I said I was being sarcastic, you just so happened to take it the wrong way. And yes, I do call people bitches if I'm teasing them, or if they annoy me enough to do so. It just so happened to be the former so I struck it out. 1 because I wasn't actually being serious like I have corrected you and 2 because I assumed that someone as intelligent as yourself should have noticed that detail...in fact everyone should have picked that up and I'm 99.99% sure they damn well know that now.

You, however, should take your non-pairing grievances to PM, and reread the Code of Conduct - calling people bitches is very much grounds for a flaming warning.

Edited by eggclipse

You were fine. Read back a page or so, that's where things got weird.

EDIT:

You, however, should take your non-pairing grievances to PM, and reread the Code of Conduct - calling people bitches is very much grounds for a flaming warning.

I somehow think you might not have known what I meant. By no means am I calling anyone here a bitch, I never have and I never will. It is strictly an offline and to someone's face when I do so. I hardly think that it counts when you're talking about a fictional character, but I could be wrong. If so my apologies I'll be sure to keep it in mind to avoid trouble in the future.

Also I tried PMing a user and they flat out refused to allow me to actually respond to them to come to an agreement even though I am 90% certain that MODs can be added to the conversation to avoid problems. I am not entirely sure on that though.

Swearing in general isn't really okay on this forum because there are kids here. I think.

Anyways, more on topic, I also forgot to list my reasons for my preferred pairs (I thought it was a "if you say "none of the above", why do you do so?" deals). I've listed them in the past in other threads but it's been awhile so I'll relist them.

Chrom/Sumia because I am unimaginative and generally just go with canon.

Frederick/Cordelia: despite the supports and the "where are they now" actually being kind of depressing I still really like the idea of this pair. More so the idea of Severa being stuck with her parents the Chrom groupies.

Lon'qu/Olivia: I will always be baffled that this pair isn't super popular, since I think it's one of the best in Awakening and there are so many things about it that makes it feel like it was the intended "canon" pair for these two.

Vaike/Lissa: The supports are very cute and Vaike honestly makes way too much sense as Owain's father.

Libra/Tharja: Good supports that actually give lots of back story for Libra (strangely enough, despite her flaws Tharja has a lot of really good supports in general because of this) and it feels to me that Libra is the one character who probably would be able to put up with Tharja. Gregor is good too.

Gaius/Maribelle: Very good supports that somehow manage to completely sidestep Gaius' gimmick in favor of backstory and character development. What a concept.

Henry/Miriel: They do science and don't afraid of anything. It's good for Miriel to have a spouse who supports her research and isn't ten years younger than she is.

Stahl/Sully: Red Cav/Green Cav 4 lyfe yo. No but seriously, this is another good set of supports (though most of Sully and Stahl's supports are good)

Donnel/Nowi: Because lolis and shotas deserve to be together and I don't like Ricken.

Virion/Cherche: The lord and his lady knight is a long standing Fire Emblem tradition (Lewyn/Fury, Innes/Vanessa, etc.) and this is a good example of it.

I don't care where Panne goes because I don't like Panne.

So.... Gen 2 pairing survey wen?

Eh, even in FE4 eugenics isn't that important, despite Mekkkah writing a FE4 pairing guide and a thesis on Forsetti Arthur insisting it's. Even if a player insists on bad pairings or doing none at all, the game still hands you Seliph, Leif, and the kid no one ever talks about because his dad is bad Camus, Ares and Mystletainn and you still have replacement staffbots & dancer. The canon children themselves aren't that special, save for Ced and Arthur and only notable things are that they can inherit lol-weapons like 50-kill Brave Sword or useful staves, maybe a nice skill here or there like Paragon Larcei and Luna Patty, or rings, especially Leg/Knight Ring for Leen. Only pairing that matter is making sure Forsetti is passed to Arthur or Ced and the remaining children inherit some nice inventory if possible, that's literally FE4 eugenics in a nutshell.

So like I said... faulting the devs for something so insignificant as preferences, calling it a "middle finger" or "slap in the face" deserves a "what the hell do you play fire emblem for"?

And again as I said I was being sarcastic, you just so happened to take it the wrong way.

Just a quick note: You should probably stop mentioning in your posts about how you've been victimized by people "misunderstanding" your posts often. If people do that so often, you probably need to look at yourself. It's also bait.

I believe you have a misunderstanding of what sarcasm is for the rest of us. Seeing as no one thought you were ever sarcastic in the threads you were involved in. If you say you were being misinterpreted quote yourself and show it.

I'm willing to remove you from PM ignore if eclipse or some other mod is involved. Since eclipse said to drop it, I'll drop this then.

I think I'm the one of the three involved here Eclipse means.

But I quite enjoyed your perspective about the actual benefits of your suggestions.

One can only surmise the reason they didn't move forward with canon pairs, is the backlash the expect from not being able to make choices.

As you saw with Ana, she doesn't want RD to remove hope of the Ike and Elincia pairing with a burning passion.

Pairings in Fire Emblem is the least important, but people's values in seeing what they like being in a game takes their personal investment to a whole new level.

And with the current system in the newer games... they don't want to step on anyone's toes or ruffle their feathers. Even so much as copping out on blood relation for the siblings in If/Fates.

Doing away with choice for pairings in game design is a balance. Well, just like any other aspect of it, as I've learned from extra credits.

In all seriousness, with how much Fates got complaints of bad supports... and how they nerfed the support bonuses... nothing would change gameplay wise if they decided to remove pairings altogether.

That's how of little importance pairings actually are in the broad scope of gameplay. And in story immersion, it's not even there besides Marth and Caeda. Hell Chrom never mentions his other children outside of *his* recruitment dialogue.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I can't say I'm terribly invested in any of the pairings in FE in general. Since Awakening's so free in who can bang, I find it difficult to get too attached to any in particular since none of them really matter in terms of the story or general plot. I'd rather play a game for the gameplay than shipping!

As you saw with Ana, she doesn't want RD to remove hope of the Ike and Elincia pairing with a burning passion.

If you'd be so kind as to stop shoehorning me into everything in this thread now, that'd be nice. I don't appreciate it, regardless of anything I've said.

And there's nothing wrong with being passionate about something you love. I fully admit to having a burning passion about several things I love, as you say. There is a reason I consider fire to be my symbolic element, after all.

Edited by Anacybele

The point is, regardless of canonical information on pairings, such as your example where you don't care about Marth and Caeda and won't contest it... you will contest it if it's something you care about. So your point being "it would be better for shippers in general" for them to have canon pairing or nonpairings... would be moot.

The evidence is you.

If you start shipping it, you're not going to back down. Even if it gets shot down at the end of a game.

Limiting the devs, telling them to treat all pairings equally is detrimental to the writing process if they fear offending anyone at all. Likewise, your example of them making canon pairings does not help the fanbase. It improves the writing, but how far are you willing to step on everyone's toes? When you say those things, you must look at the worst case. Meaning think about something you care about and step all over it.

If they made Elincia and Geoffrey canon, would you be able to take that? If Chrom x Village girl was canon, would fangirls be able to take that? If Robin was canonically single, would they be able to take that? If Ryouma was actually a blood sibling, would people be able to take that? If Lyn x Rath is canon, would people be able to take that? What if Ike was into Catgirls like Lethe? Or Catboys like Lay/Ranulf?

Criticizing the preferential treatment of pairings isn't akin to a middle finger. It is arguable that you would react worse if they took the extreme and fixed many pairs.

If you'd be so kind as to stop shoehorning me into everything in this thread now, that'd be nice. I don't appreciate it, regardless of anything I've said.

And there's nothing wrong with being passionate about something you love. I fully admit to having a burning passion about several things I love, as you say. There is a reason I consider fire to be my symbolic element, after all.

These aren't personal attacks, Ana. It is a fact that you resist it. All I did was reference it to make a point. You were being referenced to make a point that is factual. You made yourself relevant earlier. You are not being shoehorned in. You should stop taking them as attacks. Edited by shadowofchaos

Why can't everyone get along, eh?

But MaidenxChrom is also absolutely hilarious to me so...

But anyway, I think part of the of fun the of Awakening is playing matchmaker. It's fun to look at all the characters and try to find what you consider the best possible coupling. It's why I consider Awakening's pairings and children features different from Genealogy's, even though I actually haven't played that game yet, but the way I'm seeing it and it's coming across is that Awakening is more like, "oh look at these cute couples that I'm putting together! Oh and now look! They have a kid with their father's hair!" And Genealogy is more like, "..." actually I don't even have a made up quote example for that. Genealogy just seems more serious and intense. What I guess I'm saying is that Awakening seems to be coming across as a little more shallow in it's marriage options, but I kinda like that.

Honestly, Genealogy is like this big scary mountain that I haven't tackled yet....

Eh, even in FE4 eugenics isn't that important, despite Mekkkah writing a FE4 pairing guide and a thesis on Forsetti Arthur insisting it's. Even if a player insists on bad pairings or doing none at all, the game still hands you Seliph, Leif, and the kid no one ever talks about because his dad is bad Camus, Ares and Mystletainn and you still have replacement staffbots & dancer. The canon children themselves aren't that special, save for Ced and Arthur and only notable things are that they can inherit lol-weapons like 50-kill Brave Sword or useful staves, maybe a nice skill here or there like Paragon Larcei and Luna Patty, or rings, especially Leg/Knight Ring for Leen. Only pairing that matter is making sure Forsetti is passed to Arthur or Ced and the remaining children inherit some nice inventory if possible, that's literally FE4 eugenics in a nutshell.

I still feel like I'm going to have to do some hardcore research before I tackle that game... Everyone time someone talks about the mechanics of the game I get real confused. The jealously feature doesn't help me understand matters either.... It's real confusing for me.

Henry/Miriel: They do science and don't afraid of anything. It's good for Miriel to have a spouse who supports her research and isn't ten years younger than she is.

Virion/Cherche: The lord and his lady knight is a long standing Fire Emblem tradition (Lewyn/Fury, Innes/Vanessa, etc.) and this is a good example of it.

Oh wow, I never thought of Henry and Mirel in that way. Miriel is sort of my favourite Awakening unit that I never used. But I just like her and Kellam a lot and their supports, plus they were my first Awakening couple I got together. I also love Lissa and Henry, so that's who I pair Henry with.... I just find Vaike gross....

Edited by PersonWithTime

But anyway, I think part of the of fun the of Awakening is playing matchmaker. It's fun to look at all the characters and try to find what you consider the best possible coupling. It's why I consider Awakening's pairings and children features different from Genealogy's, even though I actually haven't played that game yet, but the way I'm seeing it and it's coming across is that Awakening is more like, "oh look at these cute couples that I'm putting together! Oh and now look! They have a kid with their father's hair!" And Genealogy is more like, "..." actually I don't even have a made up quote example for that. Genealogy just seems more serious and intense. What I guess I'm saying is that Awakening seems to be coming across as a little more shallow in it's marriage options, but I kinda like that.

It was actually a feature in Star Ocean 2 long before it was in Fire Emblem, and that was actually kind of fun to see all of the different endings. Granted I've never seen all of the different endings, but it was a novel concept at the time being able to see your characters end up with different endings based on the person that paired up with or not at the end of the game. Like Rena for instance I think had like over 10 different endings on her own (not single but just the character herself).

Genealogy is a strange one in my opinion. It's more like it wants you to see documented history than it is a game. It's a very strange feeling when playing it for me. I like it.

One can only surmise the reason they didn't move forward with canon pairs, is the backlash the expect from not being able to make choices.

Pairings in Fire Emblem is the least important, but people's values in seeing what they like being in a game takes their personal investment to a whole new level.

And with the current system in the newer games... they don't want to step on anyone's toes or ruffle their feathers. Even so much as copping out on blood relation for the siblings in If/Fates.

Doing away with choice for pairings in game design is a balance. Well, just like any other aspect of it, as I've learned from extra credits.

In all seriousness, with how much Fates got complaints of bad supports... and how they nerfed the support bonuses... nothing would change gameplay wise if they decided to remove pairings altogether.

That's how of little importance pairings actually are in the broad scope of gameplay. And in story immersion, it's not even there besides Marth and Caeda. Hell Chrom never mentions his other children outside of *his* recruitment dialogue.

I can see that. It's sort of like with Harvest Moon for instance, the romances actually seemed to have expanded as a thing for players as the series went further on for the most part despite the fact that the marriage is more of a minor (optional) mechanic in the game for most of them. Or even Bioware suffered from that with shipping. Compare something like Jade Empire, which had 3 romances to something like Inquisition which has like... What 7 romances I think? Though for Fire Emblem, I m curious for supports of how many people that like shipping actually do the same gender supports. Not necessarily for shipping purposes, but simply to see the character interactions like before. I know I actually enjoyed supports like Chrom and Gaius or Maribelle and Olivia.

I wonder if that's just a sign of the times that people put more emphasis on pairing up with characters, or people are just really that insistent on having more choices presented to them. I'll admit that one of the biggest reasons I like the shipping in Fates for instance is that expansion of tying reclass options to it. Especially combined with the logbook I can make for some interesting skillsets on subsequent playthroughs. Though, I do agree that I wish supports were back to being as strong as they were from earlier installments.

I find it a little ironic that the most passionate voices in this thread are the ones saying that pairings don't matter and are irrelevant to the game.

I find the supports the second most important element of Awakening and Fates after the gameplay; they flesh out the characters so much better than most other games manage to do and they're a big reason of why I've sunk so many hours into the games. If we're talking S-supports only, then I agree that many of them have a tendency to jump out of nowhere and are often poorly written, but the games would lose a lot, for me, without at least the A-C supports.

Frederick/Cordelia

Libra/Tharja

Henry/Miriel

Stahl/Sully

Virion/Cherche

These are all pairings I did my first play through! I liked all of them, except when doing Libra/Noire's supports.

I also really like Lon'qu with Olivia, but I also just really like Lon'qu so I like him with many of the characters. Lon'qu is pretty amusing as Inigo's father. I'd pair Lon'qu with female Robin, only Robin's a little too mean to him for my liking. At least the Robin/Chrom supports, while not great, have some comedic value.

I stopped resubmissions because I wanted it to make it easier for others to see the results. Thank you for your contribution! I love your Tumblr!
Thank you!!!
I also got my husband to give me his answers, for your information:

Chrom - Sully; she keeps him grounded and sane.

Lissa - Frederick; it's cute that she has a crush on him.

Olivia - Lon'qu; their romance was really cute.

Maribelle - Vaike; because they're both the worrrrrst

Sumia - Henry; by process of elimination

Cordelia - Robin; probably, but that gives weird icky implications for Severa (hahaha)

Cherche - no preference.

Panne - Gaius; like their supports.

Miriel - Kellam; because that way, maybe someone would remember him.

Tharja - Henry? Maybe?

Nowi - Ricken; because they are both children.

I'd pair Lon'qu with female Robin, only Robin's a little too mean to him for my liking. At least the Robin/Chrom supports, while not great, have some comedic value.

Lon'qu is my favorite! I've always married my female Robin to him! Unfortunately, I feel the writers made female Robin a bit meaner/more cocky in general, which on one hand distinguishes her from male Robin, but also kind of makes her look like an actual bitch. I feel this way about male and female Morgan too - does IntSys think male tacticians are nicer for some reason? Anyway, I thought her supports with Lon'qu were funnier than those with Chrom because two people seeing each other naked does not equal as humor to me.

Besides myself avatar, I think my favorite Lon'qu pairs are with Tharja, Panne, and Cherche. He'll give the best stats to any kid, but I actually don't care about stats. I also can't stand LonLissa and am very sad that it is in the lead for Lissa ships.

Lon'qu is my favorite! I've always married my female Robin to him! Unfortunately, I feel the writers made female Robin a bit meaner/more cocky in general, which on one hand distinguishes her from male Robin, but also kind of makes her look like an actual bitch. I feel this way about male and female Morgan too - does IntSys think male tacticians are nicer for some reason? Anyway, I thought her supports with Lon'qu were funnier than those with Chrom because two people seeing each other naked does not equal as humor to me.

Besides myself avatar, I think my favorite Lon'qu pairs are with Tharja, Panne, and Cherche. He'll give the best stats to any kid, but I actually don't care about stats. I also can't stand LonLissa and am very sad that it is in the lead for Lissa ships.

Don't get me wrong, I was planning to pair up Lon'qu/Robin next playthrough. ;) I just wish she didn't throw figs at him.

And yes, Lon'qu/Lissa is probably my least favourite of Lon'qu's pairings.

Genealogy is a strange one in my opinion. It's more like it wants you to see documented history than it is a game. It's a very strange feeling when playing it for me. I like it.

Though for Fire Emblem, I m curious for supports of how many people that like shipping actually do the same gender supports. Not necessarily for shipping purposes, but simply to see the character interactions like before. I know I actually enjoyed supports like Chrom and Gaius or Maribelle and Olivia.

Yeah, that does sound really cool. I'm excited to play it, but I also know it's a huge ass game, and I need to find the time for it. Which should be soon! I've just heard that the game is long and hard (get your mind outta the gutter!)

And yes, I always go for same sex supports when I can. I loved Robin and Tharja's supports because they were freak'en hilarious. I also HAD to support Anna and Tiki, for nostalgic reasons. The way I see it, give me all the character development that I can get! I also sorta just want my Robin to have A supports with everyone she isn't too so... there's also that.

Unfortunately, I feel the writers made female Robin a bit meaner/more cocky in general, which on one hand distinguishes her from male Robin, but also kind of makes her look like an actual bitch. I feel this way about male and female Morgan too - does IntSys think male tacticians are nicer for some reason?

I don't think of female Robin as being bitchy, I just kinda see her as being a little more neurotic is all. But from what I've seen I think female Morgan is kinda bitchy, she just seems really mean to everyone and not even in a fun neurotic way, more like, she aware that she's being mean to other people and she's happy about that. Granted I haven't read her supports in a long long time, but that's what I remember.

Plus, I feel like female characters can get away with being a little bit meaner and cockier. Both Kris's practically have the same dialogue but male Kris came across as douchey and arrogant, while I have little to no problem with female Kris. Weird right?

Edited by PersonWithTime

I find it a little ironic that the most passionate voices in this thread are the ones saying that pairings don't matter and are irrelevant to the game.

I will say this to respond to that irony:

My maturity is very low compared to many in this forum and I get baited easily. Especially when the bait has no logical flow.

I wonder if that's just a sign of the times that people put more emphasis on pairing up with characters, or people are just really that insistent on having more choices presented to them. I'll admit that one of the biggest reasons I like the shipping in Fates for instance is that expansion of tying reclass options to it. Especially combined with the logbook I can make for some interesting skillsets on subsequent playthroughs. Though, I do agree that I wish supports were back to being as strong as they were from earlier installments.

The problem with more choices for pairings is that you will eventually thin out the meaningful weight of those choices, the more choices you allow. In regards to character, I mean.

Gameplay-wise... you can have a... dare I say its name... Agarest level wide variety of options that will give you better access to roles in an RPG, unit-wise.