Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War 2017 Tier List - Day 39: The support kids (Corple, Lene, Sharlow and Laylea)

OliKad

1 hour ago, CappnRob said:

Soooo..... someone gonna average up the leftover scores and see how kids and subs fared? :V

The whole gang since Hannibal? Give me some time, I'll do it. And done!

score votes    
Larcei 5,47 17    
Ulster 5 17    
Creidne 2,67 12    
Dalvin 2,29 12    

Lester 6 16    
Lana 7,8 15   counting Dandy Druid's vote as 9
Deimne 2,36 11    
Muirne 2,64 11    

Diarmuid 7,03 18    
Nanna 7,61 18    
Tristan 4,32 11    
Jeanne 4,59 11    

Fee 7,9 15    
Ced 7,4 15    
Hermina 4,45 11    
Hawk 6,45 11    

Arthur 8,53 15    
Tine 6,07 14    
Amid 3,95 10    
Linda 6,25 10    

Febail 5,15 13    
Patty 5,23 13    
Asaello 1,7 10    
Daisy 2,8 10    

Coirpre 3,61 14    
Lene 9,11 14    
Charlot 3,63 12    
Laylea 8,17 12    
Edited by Vaximillian
goddamnit Fleet!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welp. I'm late. Really late. Uhh just add my scores if possible.

Arthur:

I give the silver haired boy an 8.5/10.

Arthur is basically the improved version of Azel and is a powerful unit if his dad is Lewyn (because he gets Lolsety). But even with Azel as his Dad, he's great. The minor Tordo and Fala Holy Blood bonuses give him high Skill and Magic, and he doesn't need to bother using heavy fire tomes because he has Wind from the start (and possible inherited thunder and wind tomes), so he can actually double. Oh, yes, he will double with Azel as his father and he also has Wrath, so he could quite easily ORKO enemies. While he doesn't have Pursuit with Lewyn as his dad....I mean, come on, who needs Pursuit when Arthur can just one shot everyone with Holsety provided that he can do so?

Oh, and he gets a mount when promoted. All in all, he's a unit that is obviously better than Azel, and he's available in the first chapter of Gen2, so he has plenty of time to level up and eventually promote. Don't have much else to say for him.

Tinny:

She gets a 7.5/10

Tinny is a mage, of all classes, so she doesn't inherit Thoron. That sucks. Anyways, she has the skills Wrath, and with Azel as her father, she gets Pursuit. Awesome. So basically it can get easier for her to ORKO enemies, and she can at least use Wind and Thunder magic. She also comes early (by the end of chapter 7), so she doesn't suffer of being available way later like her mother. Hence, it's easier for her to level up. And she can just plow through the arena like her mother, for obvious reasons, and it's more easy if she gets Pursuit, or has the Pursuit Ring.

She does suffer from not being mostly good as her brother, but hey, she's cute, she has good enough growths with Azel as her dad, which in turn also allows her to have Pursuit, and can murder enemies in the arena. Inheritance is guaranteed for her, granted that the tomes aren't any higher than B's. She also promotes into a mage knight, and honestly, I like mage knights. Mage knights for the way.

All in all, she's good enough, but not to the extent of how good Arthur can possibly turn out. Also she's had a really rough past, so I feel sorry for her (and that is why I have her kill the evil Hilda, har har har!)

---

Sety:

9.5/10 with bias.

Do I really need to say anything for him? Sety is basically HolSety with Lewyn as his dad and wrecks extreme havoc, ORKOing with that sweet holy tome he's got there. It especially is great for him because he has Pursuit, so he could ORKO the more stronger units (or units with tons of HP). And his bases are nice too. He also works really good as a staffbot too, especially with Claude as his dad. 

The only thing he suffers from is his late availability, hence late Holsety if Lewyn as his dad. Otherwise I would have given him a 10/10.

Fee:

This girl gets a 9/10 with positive bias because she's cute and has a flying horse.

Fee, unlike her mother, has fairly good growths, especially in speed with Lewyn as her father. She also gets Pursuit, which is guaranteed thanks to her mother, as well as Critical from Lewyn as her father. She also gets Continue from him as well. She's great in combat for me, unlike Erinys who did face extreme dangers of getting killed at times. If she inherits the Brave Lance it will become much easier for her to steal kills and maybe sometimes ORKO (most of the time she doesn't for me. Her strength is low anyways with Lewyn as her dad). She also has more movement thanks to having a pegasus, so no worries about her getting left behind or crossing some mountains and deep forests. With Claude as her father, she gets a B rank in staves once promoted, so she can be a useful flying staffbot as well as a good fighter.

All in all, she fights good, can fly, and is speedy.

---

Patty:

This girl gets a 8.5/10 with positive bias.

Patty's one of the few daughters who inherits from her father. She suffers from being a thief and thus being bad like Dew, although she has more strength and Defense, but she has lesser speed. She also has better growths because duh she's a kid and not some sub. She can abuse with the Sleep Sword, can steal money, and with Dew as her father, she gets Bargain and Sol, and with Holyn as her father, she gets a B rank in swords and Luna. She can inherit a magic sword like the Wind sword to make it easier for her to steal kills. She can also use the Brave Sword to plow through the arena if Holyn was her father, as she gets a B rank. Her other uses include stealing money, giving money (which is another way of easily getting experience if she has a lover), giving Seliph a Hero Sword and Shannan the holy sword Balmung. 

Once she promotes she can do 1 on 1 fights and possibly ORKO, similar to Dew once he promotes as well. All in all, I like her, training her is sort of difficult, but once she promotes, she's a pretty good fighter. Oh, and she's a thief. I love thieves in FE whoever they are.

Faval:

8/10 with negative bias because I don't like his appearance that much.

is the one who uses the Yewfelle, a holy weapon, which he inherits from his mother (so yeah, he's one of the few males to inherit from his mother). With Dew as his father, he has high enough base Speed and Skill (18 is the exact number), and has high enough base Luck as well, with a 105% growth in it as well. He also has Pursuit guaranteed for him and gets Bargain with Dew as his father. Since he is a holy weapon user, it's good to be able to fix the Yewfelle at a more cheaper cost. He also doesn't really have much problems of hitting either (with again, Dew as his father), since his skill growth is high enough. With Holyn as his father, he has 21 base Skill and a really high Skill growth, along with a high Luck growth. All in all, he's a pretty good unit, as long as his father doesn't screw up his skill stat (like Jamke giving him a low growth rate for Skill. ugh.). I don't have much else to say about him.

---

unlike the others, I actually got the subs of Sylvia once. So I'm rating them:

Leen:

9/10 because I don't hate her like how I hate her mother. And she also looks more cuter.

Leen's primary role is being a support unit, so growths and stats, as well as who her father is, don't really matter in her case, but she can wield swords, so she can fight if someone wants her to fight. She has Adept and Miracle from the start, and both are useful, especially the latter one. She can inherit the Knight and Leg ring which are considered to be more useful in the fingers of a dancer (for obvious reasons). She is overall, a unit who's purpose is to pretty much dance, and she fulfills that role successfully in any case. She also apparently gets major Blaggi blood if Claud is her father, but, she can't wield the Valkyrie Staff. Oh well...

Laylea:

Also gets a 9/10 for reasons I'll state and because she's quite attractive, actually.

She's pretty much like Leen, with the exception that she has Charm, which is also a really useful skill, in place of Miracle and Adept, and she has no holy blood. She is also not able to inherit the Leg and Knight rings, so she has to buy them. She can fight as well, but like all subs, Leen is usually better in that regard. All in all, she's pretty much like Leen.

I also noticed how both Leen and Laylea make similar poses in the artwork from Fire Emblem Treasure, or at least from what I've seen on the wiki.

Corple:

7/10 for the kid.

He's basically just a backup staffbot like Claud with the exception that he's unpromoted. He will get Miracle and Adept, which are useful, and he can fight once promoted, although his primary role is just being a staffbot. He's considered an Est, although stats don't really matter in his case. He will have an A rank in staves from the start, and if Claude is his father, he can use the Valkyrie Staff. Through the power of powerful staves such as the Fortify staff, he can easily gain levels and get promoted, like all other staffbots in this game. He can also inherit the Paragon Ring to level up faster. In the end, he's a nice backup staffbot, although he does come quite late and is unpromoted and under-leveled. But fortunately enough, constantly spamming heal for units that lost HP or were beaten in the arena, with the help of a dancer to speed the process up, can get him easily promoted. 

Sharlow:

6/10 with negative bias because I don't really like his appearance either.

Sharlow is pretty much Corple except he has Elite and gets a Berserk Staff. That's pretty much it. He otherwise is not as great as Corple and has lesser stat growths than him. Nor can he inherit a lot of staves to help him level up more. He still fulfills his staffbot duties though, and that's fine enough.

Can someone explain to me why Amid is called Buttface? What's more strange is that he looks like he's Sety's sub, but instead he's Arthur sub. It's as if thegame developers just messed up and accidentally switched Hawk's place with him. But, that's just a theory. A GA- I'll shut up now. 

So now that all the scores have been counted up, I suppose it's time for me to write up a final analysis! Who went up? Who went down?

GEN 1:

Spoiler
NAME
NEWSCORE OLDSCORE    DIFF NEWPLACE  OLDPLACE  CHANGE
Sigurd 9.99 9.96 0.03 1 1 0
Ethlin 8.77 9.15 -0.38 2 3 +1
Fin 8.3 7.85 0.45 3 8 +5
Cuan 8.14 8.41 -0.27 4 5 +1
Sylvia 7.95 9.5 -1.55 5 2 -3
Lex 7.6 8.83 -1.23 6 4 -2
Fury 7.42 8.25 -0.83 7 6 -1
Levin 7.15 7.87 -0.72 8 7 -1
Midir 6.91 5.47 1.44 9 17 +8
Lachesis 6.71 6.13 0.58 10 14 +4
Aideen 6.65 6.57 0.08 11 10 -1
Dew 6.11 5.68 0.43 12 16 +4
Aira 5.94 6.79 -0.85 13 9 -4
Alec 5.89 6.17 -0.28 14 12 -2
Jamka 5.57 5.25 0.32 15 18 +3
Holyn 5.53 5.9 -0.37 16 15 -1
Briggid 5.5 3.71 1.79 17 21 +4
Claude 5.47 4.42 1.05 18 20 +2
Beowulf 5.32 6.4 -1.08 19 11 -8
Noish 5.31 6.15 -0.84 20 13 -7
Azel 4.65 4.63 0.02 21 19 -2
Tiltyu 3.82 2 1.82 22 22 0
Arden 2.04 1.39 0.65 23 23 0
Deirdre 1.89 1.19 0.7 24 24 0

New score is the score earned in this thread. Old score was the score in the old RTU threads way back when. Diff is the difference between the two. New place and old place compare placement in the rankings, and change shows up/down change. Note: Fin was split originally, so I averaged out his score for placement purposes.

Sigurd remains on top of the list, and he still married the worst unit in the generation. Though the lover's sandwich remains the same, the internals get a shakeup. The top tiers remained fairly stable, with four of the top five remaining there. Fin got a large +5 placement boost, earning himself the bronze medal of Gen 1. Despite Ethlin losing her 9/10 average, she still took second, while Sylvia took the harshest drop in the averages, losing 1.55 points. Ouch. Midir had a massive jump of eight places and 1.44 points in average, earning himself a place in the top ten. Certainly better then some of the other unpromoted mounts, with Alec dropping two, Noish falling seven, and Beowulf plummeting down eight. Tiltyu may have almost doubled her point for point average, but she failed to escape the bottom three, which all improved their scores, but they didn't advance at all.

GEN 2

Spoiler
NAME
NEWSCORE  OLDSCORE    DIFF  NEWPLACE  OLDPLACE  CHANGE
Celice 9.36 9.54 -0.18 1 1 0
Leen 9.11 9.45 -0.34 2 3 +1
Leaf 8.73 9.45 -0.72 3 3 0
Aless 8.62 9.47 -0.85 4 2 -2
Arthur 8.53 8.67 -0.14 5 7 2
Fee 7.9 8.86 -0.96 6 5 -1
Lana 7.8 8.24 -0.44 7 11 4
Oifey 7.65 8.58 -0.93 8 8 0
Nanna 7.61 8 -0.39 9 12 3
Sety 7.4 8.69 -1.29 10 6 -4
Shanan 7.06 8.56 -1.5 11 9 -2
Delmud 7.03 8.45 -1.42 12 10 -2
Tinny 6.07 5 1.07 13 19 6
Lester 6 6.59 -0.59 14 14 0
Lakche 5.47 6.35 -0.88 15 15 0
Altenna 5.27 6 -0.73 16 16 0
Patty 5.23 4.31 0.92 17 21 4
Faval 5.15 4.65 0.5 18 20 2
Skaskasa 5 6 -1 19 17 -2
Julia 4.86 7.12 -2.26 20 13 -7
Johan 4.63 5.08 -0.45 21 18 -3
Corple 3.61 4 -0.39 22 22 0
Johalva 3.53 3.93 -0.4 23 23 0
Hannibal 1.66 1.91 -0.25 24 24 0

One look at the diffs will show you the theme of the second generation: Scores went down. How far down? Try "all but three units." The three who didn't drop all had gains. The others just gained by having softer falls. Celice retains his throne, and Leen managed to hold on to >9/10 and second place. It's all downhill from here. The original list of half the cast having 8 or higher got cut down to 5 with 8 and higher. Leaf and Aless lose their 9s, while Arthur has the most gentle fall of the lot and retains his 8. The rest of the elites get swept down to the 7s. Sety and Shanan lose over a full point each, as did Delmud. The staff users got off lightly, dropping slightly under half a point. Tinny made some large gains, leaping over the mid-tier competition, but there's still a full point separating her from Delmud. Patty and Faval also got rises in their averages, but otherwise things are fairly stable. ...Except for the harshest drop in the entire list (subs not included); Julia losing seven places and 2.26 points! Points she once earned for nosfertanking were no longer given. Her nuking Julius no longer granted a large bonus. Availability concerns became more prominent. Where did it all go wrong for her? Let's all blame Manfloy, obviously,

SUBS:

Spoiler
NAME
NEWSCORE  OLDSCORE     DIFF  NEWPLACE  OLDPLACE  CHANGE
Laylea 8.17 9.42 -1.25 1 1 0
Hawk 6.45 8.2 -1.75 2 2 0
Linda 6.25 6.38 -0.13 3 4 1
Janne 4.59 6.29 -1.7 4 5 1
Femina 4.45 6.5 -2.05 5 3 -2
Tristan 4.32 5 -0.68 6 7 1
Amid 3.95 4.85 -0.9 7 10 3
Sharlow 3.63 5.5 -1.87 8 6 -2
Daisy 2.8 3.65 -0.85 9 11 2
Roddleban 2.67 3.33 -0.66 10 13 3
Mana 2.64 4.98 -2.34 11 8 -3
Dimna 2.36 4.89 -2.53 12 9 -3
Radney 2.29 3.44 -1.15 13 12 -1
Asaello 1.7 2.19 -0.49 14 14 0

All the subs dropped in score. Dimna suffered the harshest drop in the entire list, losing an insane 2.53 points! An interesting note: the top and bottom units on each tierlist did not move at all. I won't look at the subs in as much detail since I've never used them.

8 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Can someone explain to me why Amid is called Buttface? What's more strange is that he looks like he's Sety's sub, but instead he's Arthur sub. It's as if thegame developers just messed up and accidentally switched Hawk's place with him. But, that's just a theory. A GA- I'll shut up now. 

A long time ago, someone decided Amid's face looked like a butt. I don't know who. A fair amount of units have nicknames coming from who knows where. Some of them are quite weird.

Some of the changes are interesting: Dimna, Mana and Femina's high drops are somewhat surprising, much as I must admit partial fault. It's somewhat hilarious how most of G2 got points taken from them. And Julia was ranked that high before? Wow, I mean I think she's strong but she has the usual issues for people and is missing for a good chunk of game. I'm also impressed that Hawk and Sety both scored so ridiculously high the last time (Not Arthur though. I am not surprised there.) 

And to finish, Asaello still scored higher than Hannibal, but less than Deirdre. WOW, somehow Deirdre is not the worst ranked! Congrats to Hannibal.

@DarrmanThat's very interesting to see you compare both tierlists, you can really see how people's opinions on a game can still change, even if the game itself is already more than 20 years old! But most importantly, thank you for compiling the votes for me for some of the 2nd Gen characters, I really appreciate it! For the last time, curse my laziness

With all that said, I think it's finally time to end this project, which took much longer than expected! But even if it did, I must say thank you to all of my diligent voters who bothered writing a simple sentence or a big wall of text, just to explain why they love/hate so much a specific unit in FE4. It was really nice to read all of your comments and debates on this beautiful game, and also to see the quite vivd participation... when I uploaded the thread, that is! 

So yeah, thank you everyone, and may we all see each other again on SF! ^^

I feel like it's partially my fault for Sylvia getting a drop in her score. Oh well, I still don't like her.

And oh my, it's quite surprising that almost every Gen2 unit had their scores drop, poor Julia. At least all the Gen1 units didn't suffer the same fate.

Hey look Arden has a score of 2 now. That has to be an improvement lol!

Midir was probably low on the old list because he really isn't THAT good statistically, but I think this go around his utilitarian purposes were more closely examined (as a dad namely). Lex is vice versa, dude's got great growths but isn't that useful until he gets his brave axe and can't pass things down to any of his kids. Stuff like that.

This was a fun thread though, almost four months in action. It was a joy to be a part of! Maybe I'll whip out some closing thoughts myself later on.