Marvel vs Capcom 4 (discussion and speculation)

TheGoodHoms

So if you follow fighting games at all Marvel vs Capcom 4 has been the hot topic this past week hasn't it? With the rumors pointing towards an announcement at the PlayStation Experience this weekend, we're about to find out if it's actually happening. But even if it's not real I think it's still a good time to talk about it. I personally think it's only got a 60% chance of happening, but I've still got my fingers crossed. And if it does happen I'm hopping for the inclusion of a Monster Hunter from Capcom and Kamala Khan(the new Ms.Marvel) from Marvel.

As long as Capcom never pulls the Jill Valentine and Shuma Gortha DLC crap I'm good. If it does happen I hope they keep the same roster from UMVC3 and add from their. I expect less X Men and more characters from the Marvel Cinematic universe(since it's so popular).

As long as Capcom never pulls the Jill Valentine and Shuma Gortha DLC crap I'm good. If it does happen I hope they keep the same roster from UMVC3 and add from their. I expect less X Men and more characters from the Marvel Cinematic universe(since it's so popular).

Quite a number of people are expecting no X-men at all and a huge focus on the Cinematic universe entirely. So AKA tons of Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Quite a number of people are expecting no X-men at all and a huge focus on the Cinematic universe entirely. So AKA tons of Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Why now?

I know the Marvel Cinematic Universe is popular, but it was already popular by the MVC3 was released, and the Marvel characters were all based on the comics.

But it wouldn't suprise me if the cinematic universe affected some character choices.

honestly if they based the choices of marvel characters on the cinematic universe i'd probably be disappointed because i know there's no way they'll get all the actual actors to do voices and playing as the characters from the movies without them being like how they were in the movies will just feel wrong

like i'd love if they somehow did manage to do that but i'm not expecting RDJ or anything and i haven't even played any of the other marvel vs capcom games

basically what i'm saying is that if they're gonna try to sell it by having well known characters from the movies it's not really a bad idea but it'll probably disappoint me and probably others if they aren't actually like the movie versions

basically what i'm saying is i'll buy it if chris pratt is in it but he probably won't be

Edited by unique

Why now?

I know the Marvel Cinematic Universe is popular, but it was already popular by the MVC3 was released, and the Marvel characters were all based on the comics.

But it wouldn't suprise me if the cinematic universe affected some character choices.

Because MvC3 was taken off the market by Disney/Marvel before, when they were adamant on making games through their own studio. Marvel also has downplayed the X-Men in favour of the Inhumans, and killed the Fantastic 4 series entirely.

Since Capcom would be sublicensing off of Marvel, I think Marvel will be pushing characters in properties they want to appear in movies. Though a lot of people would be upset to lose Wolverine and Dr. Doom. Also who knows what would happen with characters like Dormammu with very, very different appearances in the movie universe. I hope they just stick with the comic book designs and we get interesting heroes like Captain Marvel.

Samias pretty much answered for me, but I'd also like to say, it'd be pretty off-putting to some people because Street Fighter vs X-Men is what started the MvC stuff in the first place so not having the X-Men at all could prove to be an alienating choice if they do decide to focus more on the cinematic universe almost entirely.

I was talking with some people who said "Removing Wolverine" would be pretty much the equivalent of removing say Link from Smash Brothers or Terry Bogard from The King of Fighters.

SO IT'S REAL!

AW YEAH!

I can't believe it. Wipeout comes back, MVSC too, Crash and Akuma looks sick in SFV.

Wow, I'm hype right now.

Is it confirmed on PC? Please tell me it's confirmed on PC.

SO IT'S REAL!

AW YEAH!

I can't believe it. Wipeout comes back, MVSC too, Crash and Akuma looks sick in SFV.

Wow, I'm hype right now.

Is it confirmed on PC? Please tell me it's confirmed on PC.

The Steam logo appears at the end of the trailer and so does the XBone's. Confirmed multiplatform!

Well, here's to another installment in a series that's actually more fun to watch at low level play. :P

In all honesty though this game will be hard to escape next year and that's a good thing. I just hope X being in doesn't give Zero the ax since I like him more and I usually had him lead off my matches in MVC3.

Looks like the rumors are true for once. Well guys purchase your one ways tickets for the Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite hype train because she just rolled into the station! (act now while supplies last)

As for what we've seen in the trailer, X makes his long overdue into the roster, Captain Marvel is a welcome edition as well (but I still want Ms. Marvel more), the infinity gems from "Marvel Super Heroes(1995)" are back , and there taking a step back to 2v2 fights. They got a good start, but I want to see more, still hyped though!

THE SOUL FIST RETURNS... as a surprise to nobody.

I was surprised since I wasn't following this game closely.

Eyyy my girl Morrigan and my boy Captain America