Serenes Forest Scribbles 2016. Winners announced!

Tangerine

On 1/26/2017 at 2:59 AM, Thane said:

Where am I supposed to upload it, by the way? I sent a message to Tangerine, but she hasn't been logged on for a week, so I was wondering if we could just upload our stuff wherever.

I was wondering the same thing. I ended up sending Tangerine a Google Docs link as I remember a fair number of stories last year were hosted on Google Docs. I later figured I would invite Vincent into my message to Tangerine on February 3rd if she hasn't managed to respond by then.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, sorry for not being around the past week - there's been a health/medical emergency in the family. I've already told my staff that I'll need some time away, and I also likely won't be able to manage the event for the due date, so we're going to have to extend it. I'll extend it by a month (March 5th) just to be safe, as I won't be able to be around. I'll allow for submissions within that time as well in case anyone needs more time or decides to enter, and maybe I'll get someone to let other communities know in case they want to.

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone, I'll respond to any questions/PMs within the next two days, as that's when I'll be heading home again.

Edited by Tangerine

16 minutes ago, Tangerine said:

Hey guys, sorry for not being around the past week - there's been a health/medical emergency in the family and I likely won't be able to manage the event for the due date, so we're going to have to extend it. I'll extend it by a month (March 5th) just to be safe, as I won't be able to be around. I'll allow for submissions within that time as well in case anyone needs more time or decides to enter, and maybe I'll get someone to let other communities know in case they want to.

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone, I'll respond to any questions/PMs within the next two days, as that's when I'll be heading home again.

Thank you and wish your family gets well soon. I hope everyone grabs this chance by the horns.

2 hours ago, Tangerine said:

Hey guys, sorry for not being around the past week - there's been a health/medical emergency in the family. I've already told my staff that I'll need some time away, and I also likely won't be able to manage the event for the due date, so we're going to have to extend it. I'll extend it by a month (March 5th) just to be safe, as I won't be able to be around. I'll allow for submissions within that time as well in case anyone needs more time or decides to enter, and maybe I'll get someone to let other communities know in case they want to.

Best wishes for your family and don't worry about the extension! It actually works really well for me because I just came back to the forums and found out about this, so I haven't even started my piece! I'm definitely entering now that I have more time. (this is my first post in a loooong while so hi everybody, and happy fire emblem hype lol)

10 hours ago, moxis said:

Best wishes for your family and don't worry about the extension! It actually works really well for me because I just came back to the forums and found out about this, so I haven't even started my piece! I'm definitely entering now that I have more time. (this is my first post in a loooong while so hi everybody, and happy fire emblem hype lol)

Same here. I just remembered that we did this last year around this time and was expecting to make something half crap at the last minute; good to know we have more time.

And welcome back! I'm happy to be back on the forums too~!

Oh man, hope everything works out okay, @Tangerine!

Thanks for the extension!  I should be able to write something a lot more well-polished (assuming things don't go straight to hell when FE Heroes is released).

Yikes, I'm sorry to hear that, Tangerine. I hope everything will be all right on your end.

If we're getting an extension, maybe I'll actually write something.

Oh boy, that's not good. Family is more important right now so don't worry about it. I wish you and your family the best!

If you don't deem my submission worthy I'll get to take advantage of the extension and think of something else.

On 2017-01-19 at 11:15 AM, carefreejules said:

With the recent announcement and impending release of Fire Emblem Heroes, drawing something for that is completely OK, right?

I don't know how I missed this question, sorry!

You're more than welcome to submit something from those games :P.

On 2017-01-30 at 7:03 AM, moxis said:

Thanks, I'm hoping for the best too. Welcome back! Looking forward to your submission.

-----

I responded to all of the questions in my PM box, let me know if I missed any of you/feel free to PM me or post here if you have any more! I'm home for another day or two, so I'll be around. Sorry it took so long to answer some of them.

Thanks for all of the well wishes guys! I'm hoping all goes well and I'll be active again by mid February.

Edited by Tangerine

I'm sorry to hear that, Tangerine. I hope all will be well.

I was facing a serious case of writer's block, and finally things started to fall into place. I was about to finally start writing and hoped to be able to scramble something together and finish in time for the deadline. So it works out for me that it was moved, I can take my time now and not feel rushed and pressured.

I had meant to finish my work today to see if I could do it within the old deadline, but apparently I broke it, so now I am actually going to need the extended deadline. I am real thankful for that now because I don't know how many more additional hours I am about to need from attempting to fix this before I can keep going again.

On another note, this thread seems to be taken off the forum announcements. Was it set up to do so at the old deadline? Should it be "re-announced" to stay on the top of every forum until March 5th?

Edited by Qilin

A whole month is about the perfect amount of time to reinvigorate my interest in this contest. I have a piece in mind to produce throughout February, so here's hoping the masses will enjoy it - if not to get my name into a noticeable part of the community.

Hi guys, have a random prize pic. The packs are tempting, maybe we'll just open them all ourselves....

MGYAvQR.jpg

Going to be adding another prize to make up for my personal issues forcing an extension as well; a friend brought a cool community project that we could support to my attention and it seemed right up our event's alley, so I'll post about it soon!

Edited by Tangerine

4 hours ago, Tangerine said:

Hi guys, have a random prize pic. The packs are tempting, maybe we'll just open them all ourselves....

MGYAvQR.jpg

Going to be adding another prize to make up for my personal issues forcing an extension as well; a friend brought a cool community project that we could support to my attention and it seemed right up our event's alley, so I'll post about it soon!

THOSE PENDANTS

Ooh, a Community Project…interesting…looking forward to it, plus huzzah for more time to fidget with my entry! I do hope your issues resolve for the better, btw.

A cover would be fine. Copyrighted content would be if you used music directly from the game in your piece, as long as you're making everything in the submission then a cover doesn't fit into that. Otherwise fanart wouldn't even be allowed lol.