Serenes Forest Scribbles 2016. Winners announced!

Tangerine

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/9/2017 at 7:37 AM, Tangerine said:

Hi guys, have a random prize pic. The packs are tempting, maybe we'll just open them all ourselves....

MGYAvQR.jpg

Going to be adding another prize to make up for my personal issues forcing an extension as well; a friend brought a cool community project that we could support to my attention and it seemed right up our event's alley, so I'll post about it soon!

I hope I get one of those card packs... *crosses fingers*

Looks like I won't be able to finish my entry in time but no worries! I'm really focused on school right now so I don't want to obstruct my flow. 

I wish everyone the best of luck and I look forward to seeing what everyone put together!

For clarification, the due date of March 5 means that we have all of March 5 to do it, right

I /think/ I only need Saturday but it' be nice to have the fallback

(anyone following my tumblr and is awake at 2am EST may have seen the progress screenshots)

Yup, the deadline is March 5th midnight (PST), so you have all of the 5th to submit, and then we'll need a few days to get the gallery set up.

Edited by Tangerine

Lol, I'm almost to finish.

I just wonder if how much I can post in a single PM.

If it's too long, I'll just post the google doc like last year.

Edited by Nym

…I had a question…I had one…nope, it's gone. Ah well.

Glad to see there'll be some written competition! Hopefully my entry holds its own against all you experienced writer-type folkses, and I can't wait to read everyone's stuff!

WAIT I GOT THE QUESTION BACK By the way, Tangerine, do we each get one vote for each type of entry(written,image,etc.) or will we only get the one vote to decide which category is worthy of our attention, or are you gonna be really insane and do it like CYL - one vote a day? 97% certain it won't be the last one, that would be a nightmare to get set up, but had to ask just in case.

Edited by SoulWeaver

i didn't have the time to enter last year, so i really want to try this year! unfortunately, i forgot drawing more than one character means it takes waaaay more time. :( hopefully i can get this in on time, haha.

22 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

…I had a question…I had one…nope, it's gone. Ah well.

Glad to see there'll be some written competition! Hopefully my entry holds its own against all you experienced writer-type folkses, and I can't wait to read everyone's stuff!

WAIT I GOT THE QUESTION BACK By the way, Tangerine, do we each get one vote for each type of entry(written,image,etc.) or will we only get the one vote to decide which category is worthy of our attention, or are you gonna be really insane and do it like CYL - one vote a day? 97% certain it won't be the last one, that would be a nightmare to get set up, but had to ask just in case.

There's total freedom in voting. You could vote for every single submission if you wanted to. Some people elect to vote for their top 5, some vote for top 10, some vote for everything they liked, some vote only for what they feel most deserve the win. I like this voting system for a community event like this.

9 hours ago, Qilin said:

Just sent in my misc entry. Tell me there is more than 3 of us, winning a prize by default would feel so wrong.

Much fewer misc entries this year, but the drawing and writing categories are turning out just as strong. I'm not sure if there are less than three, I'll know when I get everything organized for the gallery.

17 hours ago, Qilin said:

Just sent in my misc entry. Tell me there is more than 3 of us, winning a prize by default would feel so wrong.

I just finalized my entry today and from what it looks like it's just you and me. Winning by default would leave a bad taste in my mouth... But we got to hear it from Tangerine first.

The deadline was extended by a month, and here I am, scrambling to finish my entry at the last minute. Oh, procrastination.

I can see the end in sight but I'm having trouble figuring out the best way to finish it.

Oh well, still got a few hours. 12AM PST still leaves me with what, 5-6 hours? I'll get it done.

I......I don't even know if I made it on time. I just submitted a few minutes ago, after typing for several hours straight. I did have to cut some extra things out since I ran out of time. Sadly, I barely had time to proofread and I know its not formatted to my taste, but if I could at least submit it, I'm happy.

Now, please excuse me, I'm going to grab a midnight snack. I haven't eaten in 12+ hours. DX

Gonna be organizing all of our submissions tonight. If anyone's is left unnamed, then send me a PM with a name you'd like to use, otherwise I'll be PMing you to ask myself throughout the night. Anything not named I'll give a quick name to myself when the gallery goes up in the next couple days.

After that we'll be giving people time to check out all of the submissions, and then we'll be starting voting.

Just finished organizing; little over 60 submissions this time around. More or less what I expected, and definitely not a bad turnout! Asked for names of submissions without them, then we'll get the gallery set up in a couple days after giving them a chance to respond.

In the meantime, if anyone would like to add a description or summary to their submission, feel free to PM it to me.

Just to let you guys know, Tangerine and I were discussing my piece and I ended using official art in it without realizing it so I have to humbly back out of it. I was doing a custom 3DS case with Sakura all over it with various art from around the internet, some was official art while some was fan art, and I hadn't realized that's a dangerous idea for a competition. So it's just right for me to back out and regroup for the next event to avoid any kind of problems. So that's one less for the misc. group, so I guess that means everyone's a winner? Lol.

1 hour ago, Replica Model said:

Just to let you guys know, Tangerine and I were discussing my piece and I ended using official art in it without realizing it so I have to humbly back out of it. I was doing a custom 3DS case with Sakura all over it with various art from around the internet, some was official art while some was fan art, and I hadn't realized that's a dangerous idea for a competition. So it's just right for me to back out and regroup for the next event to avoid any kind of problems. So that's one less for the misc. group, so I guess that means everyone's a winner? Lol.

Hm…that's too bad. I still want to see the pic for it, though. Can it be shown as honorable mention or(fingers crossed hopefully) perhaps…added to the list of prizes? The highest-voted entry in all the contest would win it.

…If not, meh, it was worth a shot. Seriously, though, do you do that on request?

8 hours ago, Replica Model said:

Wait, how did it get through the cracks? Did you not ask for permission from all the fan art artists?

Rule number 2 says that you cannot use assets from the games, such as portraits. Using official art would disqualify it altogether, I think, but I suppose using fan art that is not yours could also disqualify it as well. Because you used assets that are not your own.