Serenes Forest Scribbles 2016. Winners announced!

Tangerine

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Qilin said:

Wait, how did it get through the cracks? Did you not ask for permission from all the fan art artists?

No, I didn't. I kind of just slapped it all together. Wasn't a good idea so its a lesson learned. It won't happen again.

11 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Rule number 2 says that you cannot use assets from the games, such as portraits. Using official art would disqualify it altogether, I think, but I suppose using fan art that is not yours could also disqualify it as well. Because you used assets that are not your own.

Pretty much this.

It'll still be included in the gallery for those that are interested but you can't vote for it obviously.

Edited by Replica Model

6 hours ago, Thane said:

Where will we be able to see and vote for everyone's works? 

We'll be adding everything to a gallery on the website this time because people felt the forum section didn't offer equal visibility to all submissions the previous year, hopefully it'll be up by tomorrow or the day after. Voting will take place on the forum again.

--

Re: Submissions not included

We still plan to let any submissions not included be featured in the gallery assuming there was just a simple mistake involved in its exclusion, it'll be in a different section of it (sort of like an " honorable mentions" section you'd see in these type of events) and added after voting ends to avoid confusion.

There's one submission we're going to allow in this year that I wasn't sure about, but we don't really have a rule against it. Not sure if we will next time, I'll think about it more when we aren't nearing the end of the current event, lol!

PS: There are 7 misc entries, fret not!

Edited by Tangerine

Damn, missed the deadline...

Always next year. I'll continue my project to get it ready so I can just submit it as soon as the next one starts up.

Edited by Cross

Just as an update, without wanting to give away any personal info, Jyo's (our site admin) gotten back to me and isn't going to be able to start the gallery up for a couple of days; he's in rough shape. Once he's feeling better we'll get things going quickly. In the meantime you guys can keep sending me summaries/descriptions for your piece if you want to add one. Still a couple without names too!

Sorry again for the delay! We've had a string of bad luck recently it seems, haha.

Edited by Tangerine

7 hours ago, Qilin said:

It's excruciating waiting for the gallery, but then I remember people who submitted in February have been waiting ever since, and I feel better.

Sorry! Yeah, having two medical issues in our two admins' families within the span of a month isn't something we could've predicted, unfortunately. We're a really small team for how big of a site we are, so something like this happening can cripple us. Have been slowly expanding our team for the past year or so, will be in a better spot soon I'm sure!

Jyo's promised to have the gallery up within a couple of days, so there's not much of a wait left :P.

Edited by Tangerine

I hate to be the one to bug, so rather than do so... when the gallery IS up, I assume news of its upness will be posted here, but where am I to find it?

On 3/10/2017 at 8:34 PM, Tangerine said:

Sorry! Yeah, having two medical issues in our two admins' families within the span of a month isn't something we could've predicted, unfortunately. We're a really small team for how big of a site we are, so something like this happening can cripple us. Have been slowly expanding our team for the past year or so, will be in a better spot soon I'm sure!

Jyo's promised to have the gallery up within a couple of days, so there's not much of a wait left :P.

Oops, didn't mean to sound like I was ripping on you guys or anything. The waiting is hard but I know some things can't be helped, and right now there is nothing to do besides chewing the fat.

This is obviously too late for this time, but when I do group projects we share stuff over google drive. This way anybody can pick up the slack if someone is out of commission. I don't know if it's even possible to do so with a contest, but it's a thought.

Is he really having it this bad? Sounds serious if he has been out for this long, and should definitely worry about his health first.

Agreed on that last bit, and I hope I didn't come across as insensitive either. We can all understand medical and personal issues; I suspect everyone here would rather his efforts--and yours--be spent where it needs to be first and foremost, and here only when that's resolved. I just wish there were more I could do to help you guys but wait and spam F5.

I don't want to give away personal details, but he's recovering from a surgical procedure that took place around the same time our event ended. He told me he'd try to get it up today, we'll see what happens.

We need him to do the gallery because I don't have permissions outside of the forum (and our other admin is obviously very busy right now with all of the news/new game info/data), so it's not really an issue something like google drive could solve :P. Was just an unfortunate occurrence that lined up with our event. I considered using a forum section again like last year when I heard the news, but I know that bothered some users and I promised the gallery this year, so I figured I'd wait it out.

Thanks for being patient guys!

Edited by Tangerine

https://serenesforest.net/scribbles/serenes-forest-scribbles-2016-entries/

Gallery is up! I'll open voting in a week-week and a half or so to give people time to check everything out; lots of stories!

Seems like a mistake was made with one and it isn't clickable, will get it fixed when he's online again.

Great job this year everyone; lots of cool submissions! Sorry for the delays :P.

Edited by Tangerine

While the gallery is cool and all, I feel like we're missing something by not having a specific place to comment on each ntry. Half the fun last year was reading people's comments and feelings on something right after they'd seen/read it.

Thanks admins (and get well soon?)! All these stories will keep lunch breaks fun.

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

While the gallery is cool and all, I feel like we're missing something by not having a specific place to comment on each ntry. Half the fun last year was reading people's comments and feelings on something right after they'd seen/read it.

It looks like comments are enabled, though it requires a Disqus account and not a forum account. Maybe there can be a scribble discussion thread, or just use this one?

If you click a picture and scroll down there's still a comment box. But yeah, you need to make a separate account for that because the site is technically separate from our forum. For stories a lot of people submitted us stuff written on other sites, and to preserve the stories the way they submitted them it'd be hard to have a comment section without using the forum (which a lot of people didn't like).

edit: and feel free to discuss stuff here lol!

Edited by Tangerine

2 minutes ago, Qilin said:

Thanks admins (and get well soon?)! All these stories will keep lunch breaks fun.

It looks like comments are enabled, though it requires a Disqus account and not a forum account. Maybe there can be a scribble discussion thread, or just use this one?

Ah. I guess I just didn't wait long enough for Disqus to load. Still though there's no equivalent for the written works right?

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Ah. I guess I just didn't wait long enough for Disqus to load. Still though there's no equivalent for the written works right?

Wow. Geez, you are right, I haven't scrolled down yet. Welp at least Tangerine says it's ok to discuss here lol.

Oh also fun fact, art and misc submissions are set to load randomly so no single submission will be at the top for everyone. Written submissions will load in an order, but that's due to their nature lol.

Got the unclickable link fixed.

Edited by Tangerine