Serenes Forest Scribbles 2016. Winners announced!

Tangerine

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy, this gave me a wonderful idea for something I was already working on, plus inspired me to finally get around to making an account for this already wonderful site! To put it as the majority of the internet would: Dis gon be gud.

I think I will just sit this one out and join next year. I mean, I'm not that good at drawing, Or anything, For that matter.

You could look at it as an opportunity to improve yourself, and even ask for critique while artists have their eyes on the event. Doesn't have to be about winning!

Oh boy, this gave me a wonderful idea for something I was already working on, plus inspired me to finally get around to making an account for this already wonderful site! To put it as the majority of the internet would: Dis gon be gud.

Hey, welcome to SF! Good luck :P:.

Hmmm I might enter this year again but my entry probably won't be as ambitious and tasking as what I submitted last year. It would be neat if I got placed in the top 10 again but joining creatively driven contests like these are always fun :>

Welcome back, if so! Looking forward to what you submit! Was one of my favorites last year lol.

I've started writing on a little something for this competition. I'm a little busy right now though so I don't know when it'll be finished, and I'm not sure it'll be of spectacular quality, but I do like my idea.

I already have an idea for what I could do for what I could do for a write your but off competition too bad it would end up being a full length novel by the time I was done.

Thoughts:

If it's a full length novel, and it's a good read, then the length won't make a difference in its enjoyability~!

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Did the upgrade to the forum effect the contest at all? I've been working on my entry, but I dunno if there's anything I need to change or anything because of the update?

Nope, no changes for the event. The gallery will be hosted on our website as well, so it won't impact that either.

6 minutes ago, carefreejules said:

With the recent announcement and impending release of Fire Emblem Heroes, drawing something for that is completely OK, right?

On what grounds do you imagine it wouldn't be?

Yup, it's quieter this year, but that's to be expected - there was a lot of attention surrounding the series last year, and our prizes were more expensive individually.

More written works than anything else submitted so far, and sadly nothing in the misc category. Will need to hold the event every 2 years or so I think.

Edited by Tangerine

I'm sorry, I've been busy!  I'm still working on my thing, and I should get it in before Heroes arrives (because I sure as hell won't have time afterwards).

EDIT: Oh yeah, can you change the announcement at the top so that it displays the end date?  I think it'll spur people to hurry up!

Edited by eclipse

1 hour ago, Tangerine said:

Yup, it's quieter this year, but that's to be expected - there was a lot of attention surrounding the series last year, and our prizes were more expensive individually.

More written works than anything else submitted so far, and sadly nothing in the misc category. Will need to hold the event every 2 years or so I think.

That's probably due more to factors outside of your control. I don't think every two years would necessarily be more successful (though of course it would be lest costly on the prize front). By that I mean, if you had the creative event start now with a due date two months in the future then you probably would get a tonne of entrants due to all the Fire Emblem news that just came out. Due to happenstance the bulk of the competition came during drought of Fire Emblem news that's only recently burst. Every second year would probably mean missing out on some peaks of interest. Next year for example will probably see more activity than this year as Fire Emblem Warriors will be just released and hype for Switch will probably be at its height as we start seeing trailers and stuff.

Edited by Jotari

On 1/21/2017 at 0:44 AM, Tangerine said:

Sorry to hear that there's no misc entries so far. That Grima sculpture last year was amazing!

On 1/21/2017 at 1:44 AM, Tangerine said:

I hope that changes by the end of submissions. The misc. category was probably my favorite from last year. I'd have loved to be one of first misc. entries this year, but my intended project isn't working out as much as I'd like so I think I'm sitting out this year. Still really looking forward to what everyone else did.

I'm done with my story. Sadly I'm not 100% satisfied and I don't have the time to rewrite it, but I hope there's some good in there regardless.

Where am I supposed to upload it, by the way? I sent a message to Tangerine, but she hasn't been logged on for a week, so I was wondering if we could just upload our stuff wherever.

Edited by Thane

I'm rather sad that I got too busy this year to submit unless I can somehow finish what I was going to do within the next week, which is doubtful. Still may give it a shot. Just gotta figure out how to get things done in that time frame.