Fate/Stay Night Role Play: The 6th Holy Grail War (SIGN UPS CLOSED)

EdwardSunnyDisposition

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, ChristmasForJuan said:

You start with them at Rank E and it only costs to upgrade them. Imagine having to pay for your Class Skills but not having enough points left so you end up with none xP

Class skills?

don't we only start with 1 free CS 

I was under the impression that you started with whatever Class Skill your Servant is applicable to since, well, those are the benefits that come along with being summoned into that particular vessel. Surely there are exceptions if a Servant's lore conflicts with any of the given Class Skills, but I didn't see why you'd have to purchase Class Skills separately just to own them. Am I wrong? The Servant Creation Guide refers to Class Skills in plural as well and not once mentions having to purchase them separately.

4 minutes ago, ChristmasForJuan said:

I was under the impression that you started with whatever Class Skill your Servant is applicable to since, well, those are the benefits that come along with being summoned into that particular vessel. Surely there are exceptions if a Servant's lore conflicts with any of the given Class Skills, but I didn't see why you'd have to purchase Class Skills separately just to own them. Am I wrong? The Servant Creation Guide refers to Class Skills in plural as well and not once mentions having to purchase them separately.

Well yeah saber will usually have riding and Magic resistance

but they don't always have it what do you then? 

Well, that obviously just depends on the lore of your Servant then, does it not? While you'd probably need something major to rid yourself of a Class Skill completely (maybe an Archer Servant known to be vulnerable to magic or a Saber Servant known to be terrible at mounted combat), the Classes act as pre-arranged vessels to summon a Heroic Spirit into in order to make the whole process more manageable and efficient, a vessel that comes with it's own benefits and demerits. As such, even if an Assassin Servant was never said to have any documented feats in regards to being stealthy, they'll at least get a very low ranking Presence Concealment Skill regardless due to being summoned into the Assassin Class, Sasaki Kojiro being a prime example of that.

Hahaha, yeah this Forum is the first time I ran into this limitation since I usually create Servants using a much more liberating method, but I get where you are coming from. My Archer was almost 500 points over the limit due to being weird in the way he uses his Skills and Noble Phantasms, so I understand the anxiety of managing the remaining points left to you ^^

1 minute ago, ChristmasForJuan said:

Hahaha, yeah this Forum is the first time I ran into this limitation since I usually create Servants using a much more liberating method, but I get where you are coming from. My Archer was almost 500 points over the limit due to being weird in the way he uses his Skills and Noble Phantasms, so I understand the anxiety of managing the remaining points left to you ^^

Nah most of the skills and such are just how I want them too be I just have points left so a new skill or NP is a question so I use the points :)

5 minutes ago, ChristmasForJuan said:

Oh never mind then. Well, even if there are points left and you are happy with your Servant, I think it's fine to leave them that way. My Archer also has around 200 points left, but it'd feel awkward to give him something extra ^^

Choices  >_>

18 hours ago, EdwardSunnyDisposition said:

Ah fudge. I'm just gonna give y'all the benefit of the doubt when it comes to Divinity and discrepancies between Personal Skills and Noble Phantasms. Just be sensible, that's all I ask. My guide certainly isn't a perfect one, but I don't disagree with any of the conclusions that have been reached in the discussion; they are all sound. Alright so let's review all the new activity:

• @Featherine123 has been confirmed for Lancer, and sign up is also confirmed
  • @ChristmasForJuan has been confirmed for Archer, and sign up is also confirmed
  • All eight spots are officially filled, just waiting for @Leona Master Profile
  • @Leona I'm no paragon on character building in my humble opinion, but yep definitely feel free to shoot some ideas my way and I'll see if I can advise
  • Once @Leona Master Profile is sent, I will compile all the profiles, send them to you all via Private Message, and the "Pre-War Stage" will commence
  • I will make a new thread for the "Pre-War Stage", and the "War Act I, War Act II...War Act nn..." as many as are required for completion, at what feels like good cut off points in the story
  • I also encourage any questions that need to be asked Out Of Character to remain in the Private Message Shared Chat I will establish, so that they don't clutter the RP window when it commences
  • The chronological order of summonings is the order in which the finalized Master Profiles were sent to me hence (Jumper is not inclusive; none of us are aware when Jumper was summoned): Assassin, Saber, Rider, Caster, Lancer, Archer, Berserker. 

Sorry about this, but on the topic of divinity is it still of full cost, at discount, or free?

18 hours ago, EdwardSunnyDisposition said:

I don't disagree with any of the conclusions that have been reached in the discussion; they are all sound.

Yeah, seeing as @EdwardSunnyDisposition didn't really make a decision I think that the final judgment is this: count it if you are going to make use of it, but if your Servant is inevitably Divine even though you do not intend to use the Skill, it's fine to not count it and simply keep it as a cosmetic detail. That's just how I interpreted it however, so I could be wrong.

3 hours ago, ChristmasForJuan said:

Well, that obviously just depends on the lore of your Servant then, does it not? While you'd probably need something major to rid yourself of a Class Skill completely (maybe an Archer Servant known to be vulnerable to magic or a Saber Servant known to be terrible at mounted combat), the Classes act as pre-arranged vessels to summon a Heroic Spirit into in order to make the whole process more manageable and efficient, a vessel that comes with it's own benefits and demerits. As such, even if an Assassin Servant was never said to have any documented feats in regards to being stealthy, they'll at least get a very low ranking Presence Concealment Skill regardless due to being summoned into the Assassin Class, Sasaki Kojiro being a prime example of that.

The cost still applies; even if it's skills that a Servant will usually have, it still costs. If an Archer usually has Independent Action, they still get the extra points from the Drawback section even if they'd usually have it, so it works both ways you see.

4 minutes ago, bioky858 said:

Wow, this whole time I didn't know that you can have one Noble Phantasm for free lol.

Hahaha, good thing you caught it now before the War started xD

And don't worry @EdwardSunnyDisposition, I was just talking in general about Heroic Spirits and their connection to the Class Skills granted to them by their Classes. I wasn't trying to reason that Class Skills should be given away for free.

One more question, lets say if we have two servants entering battle, should we pm the respective person fighting us our own physical stats? That way we can properly rp how the fight would go down. Like, lets say two noble phantasms are clashing. We know an A rank would beat a B rank, but we would have to let the other party fighting us know what the rank of our Noble phantasm is, and they would have to pm us so we know how strong their noble phantasm is. To be clear, this is only in battle, and between the two parties fighting.