Fate/Stay Night Role Play: The 6th Holy Grail War (SIGN UPS CLOSED)

EdwardSunnyDisposition

I've really started to doubt that the hero I picked works as a Berserker....

I'm gonna have to read the book again

also my application is coming soon but I'm struggling with making my character not generic.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've really started to doubt that the hero I picked works as a Berserker....

I'm gonna have to read the book again

also my application is coming soon but I'm struggling with making my character not generic.

There's no deadline as such, so it's cool, take your time.

Heya, was just wondering how everyone's application is going along!

I said there's no deadline and I mean it, but I am super excited about getting this underway and would love to hear where everyone's at with creation and what not.

Now if there is a way to tag people, I don't know how, otherwise I'd tag the five other current applicants :')

I'm struggling with making Berserker make sense so I might need to swap over to Saber, but in that case I'd need to rework the entirety of the Master as well...

I'm struggling with making Berserker make sense so I might need to swap over to Saber, but in that case I'd need to rework the entirety of the Master as well...

Well, for now the option is available to you since that slot is open; depends on whether you want to redo an application. Whatever makes more sense to you is all I can say really

Is it too late too sign up? If I can, could I take saber, but as of now. I really like swordsmen characters, although I realize that Saber is extremely well balanced. Do we just write out who our character is on here?

Edited by bioky858

1 hour ago, bioky858 said:

Is it too late too sign up? If I can, could I take saber, but as of now. I really like swordsmen characters, although I realize that Saber is extremely well balanced. Do we just write out who our character is on here?

Sure you can sign up as Saber, I'll note you down :)

Read the rules and objectives in the intro post, then create a Master using the template provided, which everyone will have access to. 

Build a servant using the pdf document, but keep that stuff a secret from everyone else, we have to figure that stuff out.

Character Name: Micheal Saggitarius (By bioky858)

Race: Human

Sex: Male

Faction: None (To his own)

Appearance: He still looks fairly young despite his age, although his eyes display years of experience and despair. He dark black hair, generally overshadowing these very eyes, despite the his hair being fairly well trimmed. He has quite a slimming, yet muscular build, fitting for a man who has been in the military. He generally wears a red leather biker jacket, along with his dark jeans.  He generally is about 5 foot 11 inches tall, and generally stand tall and strong. 

Personality: He is a man deeply troubled by his past, and displays strong determination for whatever goals he pursues. However, due to his past in the army, he shows deep comradery to any allies and friends he possesses. He is incredibly loyal, and sometimes his morals do leave him troubled if they conflict with the goals he has in mind. He can be headstrong, and is short tempered at times. Still, he originally had a very cheery outlook on life, till his wife had a miscarriage, and died alongside their unborn child. He tries to hide his grief with a solemn  smile, to not trouble his friends and family, but deep down he is living a life of despair.

Magecraft: (None) Could barely emit spark of fire from his hands. However, he possesses some knowledge over how the society works, and how servants function in the holy grail war.

Skillset: He has fought in the marines, and is very skilled in close quarters combat, knowing all the ways to kill men in close range. He also is very skilled in the use of fire arms, such as a variety of pistols, assault rifles, but he mainly functioned as a sniper during the war. He mainly carries a Glock on him at all times, but he has indeed purchased a variety of assault rifles, snipers, and explosives that he deems may be necessary during this holy grail war. Where keeps these weapons is unknown. 

Introduction:

Micheal never knew he was ever capable of magic, for his own father was a mage on the run. Of course, he would never even know of this knowledge for the fact that his own father ran out on them when he was a child, for his father didn't want his family murdered by the hunters from the church. It is due to this that Micheal did indeed have a fairly normal life, made great friends, and met the love of his life, Trish. Dating since high school, it was planned that the two would marry, have children, and live a normal, plain, boring but happy life. However, war just had to occur overseas, and Micheal felt a sudden need to fulfill a patriotic duty. He kissed his wife goodbye and promised to return. He went out into the war, entering bloody battles, but made lifelong comrades. Despite all the bloodshed, he somehow survived and made it back home. He soon married Trish, and it wouldn't be long until a third member of the family would be joining them. Of course, tragedy would strike, as a miscarriage took both his wife's life, as well as his own child's. 

He couldn't believe it. His friends and even his family couldn't console him. Despite all the death he witnessed overseas, despite some of his friends dying on the battlefield, it would be here at home where he would suffer the worst defeat of all. He couldn't take it, he couldn't believe it. It was then that he became desperate for answers and searched all around. The first clue would be from his mother, when she realized that her son began taking on a desperate quest to revive his wife. She told Micheal of his father's past, of the magic that his father was experienced in. Doubt did indeed spring in his mind, but he couldn't question miracles. He went out to his father's study, and tried to replicate some of the miracles in his book. The most Micheal could do in the few months of study was shoot out a small spark of fire from his hands. He realized that this magic was no good to him, so he continued doing more research. He began traveling the world, trying to find other mages, or where this mage association was located. It wouldn't be long until Micheal discovered about the secrets of some holy grail, and about a war located in Fuyuki City. Micheal, desperate, did more research on this holy grail war, and began working with mercenaries and pirates to steal ancient artifacts.

He took these artifacts for himself, and traveled to the city, trying out the ritual several times with each of them. Eventually, one of these pieces worked, and a bright light arose. A mark rose on his hand and a being stood in front of him and spoke "Hello...Master."

Edited by bioky858

I haven't set up the stats and moveset of my servant yet, but I was wondering how battle would work in a fighting situation? Is it based off the roll of a die, or is it based off us basically agreeing who would win or lose depending on what we write down?

1 hour ago, bioky858 said:

I haven't set up the stats and moveset of my servant yet, but I was wondering how battle would work in a fighting situation? Is it based off the roll of a die, or is it based off us basically agreeing who would win or lose depending on what we write down?

It isn't quite DnD-like, I've honestly never really done the sort of rp'ing which requires dice rolls

Generally, there's going to be a lot of dodging of attacks I imagine. Even in the series, with the exception of maybe one servant in a given war, most of them make it to at least the finale. 

Also, considering the fact that we know nothing about each other's servants, I hope to promote strategic thinking like in Fate Zero, instead of just running in guns blazing. I want this to be everything that makes those wars good. Unexpected alliances, characters targeting or taking an interest in certain other characters, master/servant interaction i.e. it's not ALL about the fighting :)

TL;DR: We'll cross that hurdle when we get to it. Hopefully someone else with lots of RP experience can guide us when that time arrives!

Edited by EdwardSunnyDisposition

44 minutes ago, EdwardSunnyDisposition said:

It isn't quite DnD-like, I've honestly never really done the sort of rp'ing which requires dice rolls

Generally, there's going to be a lot of dodging of attacks I imagine. Even in the series, with the exception of maybe one servant in a given war, most of them make it to at least the finale. 

Also, considering the fact that we know nothing about each other's servants, I hope to promote strategic thinking like in Fate Zero, instead of just running in guns blazing. I want this to be everything that makes those wars good. Unexpected alliances, characters targeting or taking an interest in certain other characters, master/servant interaction i.e. it's not ALL about the fighting :)

TL;DR: We'll cross that hurdle when we get to it. Hopefully someone else with lots of RP experience can guide us when that time arrives!

Ok, cause I have only done something like this without dice rolls once, and the battle took a long time, and there was a slight amount, I think metagaming is the term, where you sort of control someone else's character for an intended effect in battle. Unintentional of course, but stuff like that sort of happened.

Edited by bioky858

3 hours ago, EdwardSunnyDisposition said:

Also, I do look forward to setting relations with our own Servants, as well as with other masters. I had this underlying fear of dying on the first day without any character development lol.

On 1/24/2017 at 2:45 PM, A Random Player said:

Just want to remind everyone that I'm still here. Also I think I'm making the switch to Rider since it may fit my hero more.

I'll be quite busy these 2 weeks but I should be pretty much free after so I should be able to finally submit my character by then.

Okay I've noted your class change :)

(( Jumper slot open ))

Edited by EdwardSunnyDisposition