There's already been topics on this. In my honest opinion, there isn't much hope that we'll actually see a Western release of any of the festival dlc, as the time between the last wave is just too long. Sorry.

I agree completely SoloCross. No one lose hope! I've been telling others as well. Clearly the dlc in fates isn't being treated like it was in awakening where they released map of 3. In Fates, as you all know, the map packs are averaging at about 6-8 maps per pack. There will be more dlc released both in Japan and NA. The current trend seems to be that Japan gets a new batch of dlc every 8 months to a year. When they get the new batch, NA will probably get those as well as the festival dlc together. So I'm very sure that we will get it Spring/Summer 2017

Well, yeah, I look up the fan-translations posted on pastebin/tumblr and the like (as linked to in the SerenesForest thread), but that's only because they [Nintendo] were taking so long.

Gameplay wise, its the way to get infinite Great Lords and Lodestars.

Not really a running joke if it's the same two people on lol Reddit trying to hard to make it a gag.

Anyway, I'm surprised people are so eager to spend money on this map. It's just Awakening festivals map with more dialogue that you can look up; the fact you can look up the map dialogue instead of spending money is probably why Nintendo said fuck it to localizing it.

I personally find a huge difference between reading fan translations (though I'm very grateful for those) and seeing the officially-translated conversations in game, with accompanying illustrations (even if they're the same 3-4 recycled expressions). But I'm pretty invested in the Fates characters, so I'm all about having additional supports in a game!

It wouldn't surprise me if they decided against translating them simply because the festival maps this time around seem to have so much more dialogue, especially the child scramble which seems to have unique conversations for every parent/child combination in the game. That on top of the changes they would have to make for consistency and the wide availability of fan translations and IntSys could have just decided it wasn't worth the effort.

That on top of the changes they would have to make for consistency and the wide availability of fan translations and IntSys could have just decided it wasn't worth the effort.

More like Treehouse is too lazy and can't figure out way to throw outdated memes and unnecessary lines to try and look like there are "hip" with the young folks.

I think the festival DLC will come out once Japan gets another wave... NoA probably doesn't want to release a map pack of just 2 DLC's.

Probably this. DLC release likely isn't done, there is still some stuff in the files with skills and other things that aren't accessible. Give it a bit. Wait to see what they announce for this months Direct, won't be surprised for it to be Fire Emblem themed. If not now, then when they give more info on the Fire Emblem app, they could announce a new wave of dlc.

More like Treehouse is too lazy and can't figure out way to throw outdated memes and unnecessary lines to try and look like there are "hip" with the young folks.

Ooor, it's a lot of work that takes quite some time without a guaranteed payoff.

It's also possible that they don't do it in part because of the controversy surrounding the localization, and the overall disinterest in the second generation units.

Edited by Thane

Ooor, it's a lot of work that takes quite some time without a guaranteed reward.

That must be something like that. Considering it's a lot of conversations to translate, it's probably more expensive than the money they could get from it. Seems like a lot of people already moved on from Fates anyway.

I think, if we don't get news about it when Fire Emblem Mobile will get shown, it won't be released at all.

Assuming if the Festival DLCs would never be released, I don't think its even worth importing from Japan. : /

If that happens, you can be sure that hackers would find a way to use the JP version translated.

We already have custom DLC CIAs.

Well, consider this: Awakening's festival DLCs didn't come out in Europe until six months after they did in Japan. Six months. And that's with half as many characters and possible parent/child combinations. Honestly, considering the workload, I'd be very surprised if the Fates ones came out before January... but yeah, I'm still pretty optimistic about our chances; Nintendo's Twitters have suddenly started talking about Fates again lately (after about three months of wall-to-wall Pokemon), so maybe they're hinting at something, idk~

Considering how pissy people got about Fates' localization (even though Awakening's was much worse overall), I doubt they'll localize it.

Case in fucking point, ladies and gents.

Edited by The DanMan

Honestly, I don't think the Festival DLC is coming and I think Fates DLC is done as a whole.

I get the feeling things shifted to focusing on Fire Emblem Mobile, possibly even already translating it for international release (assuming it has much dialogue or whatever) and that cut Fates' time in the sun down a bit.

So I think they'll be moving on to FE15 once Mobile comes out.

So many eyebrows were raised when they made that Roy Sprite for Fates and considering the popularity of Cipher and the mobile app I'd be very surprised if we didn't get at least something. The thing a lot of people noticed was the Roy Sprite for the Cipher event wasn't Roy from FE6, FE13, or even SSBM. It was very specifically Roy'a design from Smash 4 made into a Sprite, a design Cipher hasn't even really TOUCHED at that point in time, but the design Roy's amiibo has. It was just kind of fishy to have a Sprite made in the style of Fates based on the Roy amiibo for seemingly no reason, when they could've just as well slapped Roy's FE6 Sprite onto the Cipher event and no difference concerning Cipher would've occurred.

They might end up trying to do a cross promotion of some sort with FEmobile.

Then again I can't deny the possibility Mobile will have the same sprites as Fates and the Roy Sprite was made for FEMobile, but that would imply Nintendo is looking into iOS+Amiibo integration

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems

I say just wait and hope for the best. I haven't really heard of any talk from new DLC though, but I wouldn't be surprised it any new DLC came out. Although really don't care about amiibo support for Fates specifically since my amiiboholism caused me to buy some FE amiibos.

• 3 weeks later...

It's now been 10 months since the Japanese release of the Festival DLC.

...Given how long it's been, I'm pretty certain we'll never get them in the west... not to mention it's pretty futile to expect a new "Japanese DLC batch".

Edited by Beldarius