Do we know how Fates' DLC sold? I was under the impression the first batch did rather well at least in Japan, but I may be misremembering.

Couldn't find anything other than Fates being the fastest-selling release. If there's any reason for it not releasing, I'd say it'd be a combination of the sheer workload alongside the vitriolic reaction to the localisation.

Couldn't find anything other than Fates being the fastest-selling release. If there's any reason for it not releasing, I'd say it'd be a combination of the sheer workload alongside the vitriolic reaction to the localisation.

That, and they're most likely hard at work on Fire Emblem Mobile.

I also believe the reaction to the story played some part in it; why localize a DLC only focused on characters that were generally not that well received? That's doubly true for the second generation focused DLC, since Nina is the most popular child character in the game, and she ranked 10:th. Now, those polls are not an exact sience, but we've seen how highly Intelligent Systems value them.

Edited by Thane

That, and they're most likely hard at work on Fire Emblem Mobile.

Ah, that's a good point. It's kind of like what happened with DoW: Soulstorm. The game was buggy as hell at launch and the 'hotfix' that was supposed to come out a week or two after release didn't arrive for 8/9 months. Then 3-ish months after the patch was released, DoW II came out so it was pretty obvious that the reason it took so long was because they just didn't care about it anymore. If they aren't working on it because they're too busy with the mobile game/other projects or even if they just don't care about Fates anymore (I know I sure as hell wouldn't), I wouldn't be surprised.