Fire Emblem If Fan Translation (Still Alive!)

ShadySheikah

Just now, kyurem21 said:

Hello, I hope you can help me. I just download the english patch and I also has the cia of the japanese version of fire emblem if. But Im stuck in some point

image.thumb.png.488a4fb421a2140cdf4c23bb2eb57bbb.png

I have it like that, and when i choose my game and the exe folder it says 

image.thumb.png.077eb474a8479ae9cd6241a802bfa9ef.png

If someone knows why Ill be gratefull

It also happens with the dlc process

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SHADY!! IT'S BEEN 2 YEARS!!!

If it's in development hell, did anyone try merging what's missing of translation with  the official anyways, to create a big single completed patch?

If anyone did that can anyone tell me?

I'll say this for now for those that keep asking: It's still being worked on, albeit really slowly. A lot of the team is busy with stuff (like school, jobs, Real Life™, etc.). Progress may pick up later this summer, but I can't make any promises on that. If something significant happens to this project, it'll be posted here.

Edited by Linkmstr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 13/4/2019 at 9:23 AM, Linkmstr said:

I'll say this for now for those that keep asking: It's still being worked on, albeit really slowly. A lot of the team is busy with stuff (like school, jobs, Real Life™, etc.). Progress may pick up later this summer, but I can't make any promises on that. If something significant happens to this project, it'll be posted here.

Well, that's cool to know, thanks. Not sure why a simple "hey, still kinda alive" couldn't be dropped at any given point earlier, but better late than never I guess.

On 4/13/2019 at 3:23 AM, Linkmstr said:

I really hope you guys are able to finish it because I really want to play a proper translation of this game. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2019 at 8:23 AM, Linkmstr said:

I sure hope so, From everything I've read, "if" is so massively different to warrant a translation and it seems to be nearly fully translated.

From me, thank you for all the work the teams have put into this, even if it is never completed, this shows the passion of the fire emblem fans.

On 7/5/2019 at 9:08 AM, erxkum said:

I sure hope so, From everything I've read, "if" is so massively different to warrant a translation and it seems to be nearly fully translated.

From me, thank you for all the work the teams have put into this, even if it is never completed, this shows the passion of the fire emblem fans.

Totally, can only hope even just the slightest amount of progress is made over the Summer

• 2 months later...

Hello guys,

I have a question. I patched my game (Japanese Special Edition) with the latest patch, and I noticed that the

End Credits have not been translated. So, I replaced the file "Ending.bin.lz" with the one from the North American version.

However, now there is a strange bug where the text cuts strangely during the "character endings" and just freezes there

and refuses to move on to the next slide. This happens even when I try to translate the original Japanese file.

However, it works just fine if the text remains in Japanese. Does anyone know how to fix this? I'll attach a file so you can see what I mean.

The line in the file goes like this:

MEID_その後_Normal_クリムゾン: Scarlet returned to Cheve to\nrebuild the knightly orders of old.\nHer positivity moved many youth to\njoin her cause. Legend has it she\nis the reason that Chevois knights\nwield such flashy weapons.

Yet, the picture below is how the game displays it. 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Dlon93

• ShadySheikah changed the title to Fire Emblem If Fan Translation (Still Alive!)
  • eclipse locked this topic
  • Parrhesia unlocked this topic

Patch update v4.3 has been released!

https://github.com/TeamIf/FireEmblemIf-FanTranslation/releases/tag/v4.3

Hey everyone! Our very humble apology for the wait, but we hope that what we have to share today will more than make up for it.

But first, it's been a long, long time since we've said anything about this project, and you deserve an explanation about what happened.

To keep it long story short, we burned out pretty quickly after the 4.2 release, which we put out in June 2017. On top of that, I got a sudden job offer half-way around the world which would keep me too busy to spend much time working on the project. At the time, no one wanted to take over the steering wheel, and activity pretty much died after that.

I really wanted to see this project to the end, and the reason I didn't update you guys earlier is because I wanted to come back with something good to share, and unfortunately that just didn't work out, and for that I apologize. Same for the people who reached out to me on social media asking about the project. A thousand apologies if I didn't respond to you, and I hope with what we have to share today, you'll give us another chance.

Luckily, today I get to bring you that good news I was hoping for!

We're not back 100%. Our team is much smaller and progress will be slow. But we are determined to see this translation project to the very end.

A lot has happened since the last patch in 2017. We're aware of the other ongoing Fates retranslation project, and we wish them nothing but the best with it; we know how difficult it can be to translate a big game like this. As we understand it, the creator of that project is taking a hybrid approach; more accurate but still somewhat localized. As a result, to ensure our project can still serve a purpose, we want to re-focus on our original goal: delivering a translation as accurate to the Japanese source as possible.

To that end, we've decided to shift our naming convention from a hybrid of JP and localized names to solely JP when we can help it, unless a historical series naming convention makes more sense.

For this release, we've taken steps to change the kingdom names. Hoshido will become Byakuya, and Nohr will become Anya. Please note that this conversion is still a work in progress, and many areas of the game still display the old names at the moment! We'll fix those as quickly as we can, and apologize for the potential annoyance that may cause in the meantime.

So what's new in this release?

We've revised the chapters for the Nohr/Anya route, along with some chapters for Hoshido/Byakuya and Invisible Kingdom. We've also edited and added a total of 55 new supports:

Spoiler

Ignis / Kinu
Ignis / Soleil
Ignis / Velour
Eponine / Siegbert
Eponine / Shinonome
Eponine / Soleil
Eponine / KamuiM
Eponine / Matoi
Ophelia / Shinonome
Ophelia / Soleil
Ophelia / KamuiM
KannaF / Kinu
KannaF / Shinonome
KannaF / Velour
KannaF / Mitama
KannaF / Midoriko
KannaM / Siegbert
KannaM / Mitama
KannaM / Lutz
Kisaragi / Kinu
Kisaragi / Dia
Kinu / Shinonome
Kinu / Syalla
Kinu / Velour
Gurei / Soleil
Gurei / Hisame
Siegbert / Sophie
Siegbert / Soleil
Shigure / Soleil
Shigure / Velour
Shinonome / Syalla
Shinonome / Sophie
Shinonome / Matoi
Shinonome / Mitama
Shinonome / Midoriko
Syalla / KamuiF
Syalla / Matoi
Sophie / Soleil
Sophie / Matoi
Soleil / Foleo
Soleil / Mitama
Soleil / Lutz
Dia / Oboro
Dia / Orochi
Dia / Kazahana
Dia / Setsuna
Dia / Matoi
Dia / Rinkah
Hisame / Matoi
Hisame / Midoriko
Foleo / Midoriko
KamuiM / Mitama
KamuiM / Midoriko
Velour / Lutz
Matoi / Mitama

System text and other menus haven't really been touched in this release, but we're hoping to get to them in the near-ish future.

As always, this is a constant work in progress, and things will probably be broken or look weird. If you see anything that doesn't seem right, please leave an issue on our GitHub! I promise we'll be much more active there as well.

I hope you'll continue to support us as we slowly but surely work our way to the end of this journey. If you have any questions and comments about the project, the team, or anything else, please feel free to ask away! And please keep an eye on our progress; I'm sure you'll see more from us in the very near future.

And thank you from the bottom of our hearts for sticking with us for this long. It means the world to us, and we won't let you down.

Woah! I just got into fates a few weeks ago and was looking for something like this (i've been realizing just how painful the translation is) literally last night and found very little. but for this to suddenly update? I love when im lucky with timing like this 

Holy shit! I assumed this project was dead. Thanks for your work, dude. I hope this game finally gets the translation it deserves.

Also, once you're done translating the main game, do you have any plans to translate the DLC? I know it's a stretch, given how long it's been taking to translate the base game, but it would be nice if the festival DLC were to finally become playable in English.

Just now, TheAgent0700 said:

Whenever I try to apply the patch, it just says "Illegal characters in path". Don't know if this is a stupid question or not, or if this is even the right place to ask this, but any help would be appreciated!

Make sure you're also pointing the patcher to the patch folder. There's two things you need to point it to. The decrypted CIA and the patch folder.

When I try to patch the DLC it works fine, but when I try to patch the main game it gets to where it asks me where I want the patched game file then says, "Could not find file 'C:\Users\Joanna\AppData\Local\Temp\IfPatcher\patchedGame.cia"

3 hours ago, Arios said:

When I try to patch the DLC it works fine, but when I try to patch the main game it gets to where it asks me where I want the patched game file then says, "Could not find file 'C:\Users\Joanna\AppData\Local\Temp\IfPatcher\patchedGame.cia"

If anybody is having problems patching the Game and DLC cias
you can do the following if you own a 3DS/2DS

Press and hold (Start), and while holding (Start), power on your device. This will launch GodMode9
Navigate to [0:] SDCARD -> cias
Press (A) on the .cia file to select it, then select “CIA image options…”
Select the option to perform the desired function:
Decrypt to 0:/gm9/out: Create a decrypted copy of the selected .cia file in the /gm9/out/ folder on your SD card
Decrypt inplace: Replace the selected .cia file with a decrypted version
Your encrypted / decrypted .cia will be outputted to the desired location

if possible, change the name to FE if Game and FE if DLC if possible ( as it been noticed special characters does affect the patching process )
it should go without problems if doing the following
it works with the hshop backups as well
mostly just make sure to decrypt them before using the patcher

intructions taken from the 3DS Hack Guide tutorial

Edited by xXSoulGeoXx

20 hours ago, xXSoulGeoXx said:

If anybody is having problems patching the Game and DLC cias
you can do the following if you own a 3DS/2DS

if possible, change the name to FE if Game and FE if DLC if possible ( as it been noticed special characters does affect the patching process )

mostly just make sure to decrypt them before using the patcher

I don't own a 3ds, and I did decrypt my files, however that second option might have worked if this

22 hours ago, Arios said:

Also, a majority of the time when I'm halfway through the patching process, it just spits out the error of, "Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Joanna\AppData\Local\Temp\IfPatcher\rom\movie'.

didn't happen. One of my main problems is that there is just no workaround to this except for deleting and redownloading the patcher, and even that only works some of the time. If there is any workaround to this, I would be very happy to know.

Edited by Arios

On 4/28/2023 at 3:16 PM, Arios said:

I don't own a 3ds, and I did decrypt my files, however that second option might have worked if this

didn't happen. One of my main problems is that there is just no workaround to this except for deleting and redownloading the patcher, and even that only works some of the time. If there is any workaround to this, I would be very happy to know.

Then it most likely be the decrpting program you are using
at least from my side, decrypting the hshop backups on my 3DS worked, and patching both cia files gave me no problems

maybe @Kyonko802or @ShadySheikahcould help you with that if you don't own a 3DS

Edited by xXSoulGeoXx

Hello !

I'm lucky enough to see it's still possible to put CFW on my "old" New 3DS XL and i'm so happy the FEif patch is worked 🙂

however...i have some...noob question : see i'm on Luma CFW, did just put the rom folder on Luma Folder (+ a "romfs" folder) make the patch work or we must still use the patcher ? I know : it's a noob/stupid question but i did want to ask it ^^;

Edited by ADS04