Issue with skill cap statues

Saulen Fals

I don't know if this is just my game personally but I've noticed that no matter how much I increase the skill cap with statues, my amiibos skill cap doesn't go up. However, any other statues will increase other stat caps. Anybody else having this happen?

• 1 month later...

I have been. It's so odd. I've got Saizo at max lv with max skill and when I got 2 skill statues to lv 3 his skill cap went up. As did everyone elses who skill cap had been met. Only Ike's didn't. I haven't been able to find a fix so far at all. It bothers me too because he's my favorite character. 

All I could think of are:

• You not having all lv. 3 SKL-boosting statues built in your castle when you looked at Ike. You can have a maximum of 13 SKL boosting statues at once in a single file, assuming that you're playing Revelation route and your avatar is running SKL Boon or Bane.
  • Maybe you've not updated Ike's Logbook entry as often as you should?
  • If you've not been updating, SKL cap does go down if you remove SKL statues. Fortunately, the game remembers that the unit does have statue-boosts if the unit has gained those stat-ups via level ups and statboosters while having the higher cap.
Edited by Roflolxp54

Well, I can assuredly say I've definitely got less than 13 skill boosting statues. Takumi's and Mozu's statues are the ones I have that have been upgraded clear to lv 3 while I don't have any other statues even built yet.  Skill was the first statues I wanted to get. I'm also definitely on Revelation since I saw a giant angry dragon and dead parents who are trying to face punch my main character and his Hoshidan siblings. 

I'll try updating Ike's logbook entry though I'm not sure it'll affect his actual in game character. I shall try this though. 

EDIT: Yeah, I just looked at it again. And it bugs me. Removing both the lv 3 Takumi and Mozu statue will reduce Saizo's base skill stat back down to 38 and it will max out there until the statues are built again. Upon replacing them, Saizo's stats will return to 40 while Ike's will not budge from the base 31 and the cap at 31 is still in place. I've removed all other statues from my castle aside from those to test this, repeatedly updated my logbook, and increased Ike's level with an eternal seal so he's not capped. Even leveled him up to level 46 to see if leveling him would remove the caps and it didn't.

Edited by Saulen Fals

Level has no effect on statue-boosted caps aside from getting stat-ups to reach those caps from level ups if you haven't capped them yet. Is your Ike by any chance hired from the Logbook since you first recruited him from an old file? The game remembers the highest statue boost for a given stat when a boosted Einherjar is saved to the Logbook.

Edit: Here's a screenshot I made showing Ike at max stats with all statue boosts possible:

T2jY2so.jpg

Note that he has +3 Str and -1 Spd from Heavy Blade and +3 Def from wielding the Ragnell.

Edited by Roflolxp54

He is in fact hired from the logbook. I used him on my birthright play through for file 1 and then hired him for my revelations play through on file 3 and he's saved into my logbook with all his stats maxed at their highest without statues. Though I don't quite see how this would change this. I got a few more statues to see if any other stats would go up and his attack, defense, and speed all have. I upgraded Ryomas, Xanders, and Kaze's statues to level 3 and all three have boosted his stat caps. Its only his skill stat cap that will not budge. 

Edit: Well, aside from his magic stat. That is zero. And I'm not changing that.

Edited by Saulen Fals

Assuming you've still got Ike as a Vanguard, looking at the math, it seems you're running exactly afoul of what Rofl is talking about. Consider that Vanguard has a Skl cap of 29 and Ike has no modifier for it (which is kinda weird considering how Skl-oriented Ike and Vanguard were in Tellius, but I'm getting side-tracked). This means that for your Ike to have a cap of 31, there were already two Skl statues present in your Hoshido file when he was saved to the logbook. If you get a third Skl statue, the game should say, "Hey, this My Castle now provides +3 to his cap, which is greater than the +2 from the My Castle he was saved from. Therefore, I will update his cap to 32."

How.... wait... you're right. His original cap is 29.

Thank you for clarifying but now I'm REALLY confused. I never built any statues in my first file. I just maxed his stats and let him kill things. I just looked and there are none. I must have unknowingly leveled him after getting the second statue but I'm absolutely sure his skill stat was maxed at 31 before any statues were even built... which means i wouldve had to have two statues but i didnt... Well. I shall build another skill statue and let you know. It would appear all is in order though I'm incredibly confused about how his cap got to where it is now. Thank you very much for all your patience with me.

Sidenote, i frickin miss skill oriented Ike. Literally, the tellius series were my favorite games because of the Laguz and some of the character designs (I.e. Nephenee, Volke, Volug and Michaiah). Plus the knight classes were literally much more intimidating than their current counter parts.

If you're willing to set up 4 Revelation save files (each with a different Boon/Bane combo, one of which features the avatar with +STR/-HP or +HP/-STR) for the sake of statue boosting, you can make it so that bonus units can achieve stat caps somewhat similar to those of Awakening's stat caps minus Limit Break skill equipped.

If done correctly, you can add:

+11 STR

+9 MAG

+13 SKL

+11 SPD

+8 LCK

+11 DEF (remember about Scarlet in Ch. 18!)

+10 RES

Here's an example featuring a Rallybot Laslow (yes, he knows the other Rallies), capped with no statue boosts:

jgHdtBF.jpg

Uncapped him after buying him from my Logbook, thereby exposing him to the statue boosts, then updating his Logbook entry; did this in 4 separate files:

aNynZES.jpg

Then buy him from a file (ie. your main file) that has lots of money, statboosters, etc. and get him to his upgraded stat caps; feel free to use the Logbook exploit if you have a spare save slot:

IOKZ634.jpg

Edited by Roflolxp54

No problem! Just remember:

100 kills from that character for a lv. 3 statue of that character.

Scarlet dies in Ch. 18. Remember to get her 100 kills before starting the opening cutscene of that chapter if the file features the avatar with DEF Boon or Bane.

File featuring SKL Boon/Bane Avatar may be a slogfest since you'll need 1300 kills total for just the SKL statues... and that's not counting whatever is picked for Bane/Boon.

File featuring RES Boon/Bane Avatar requires the most story progress since Flora doesn't join until Ch. 23+ with a lv. 3 turret building.

Avatar's statue boosts Boon stat; Kana's statue boosts Bane stat. For the case of HP Boon/Bane, Avatar/Kana's statue will boost STR.

Check here to see whose statue boosts what stat. Keep in mind that Izana and Yukimura don't join in Revelation route. Also, Anna's statue requires having the Anna on the Run DLC map.

It may help to name the avatar based on the Boon/Bane combo selected for the file.

Edited by Roflolxp54