Shadow Dragon is now on the US Wii U eShop

I may buy it sometime, I don't have any money in my account right now plus I have a physical copy. I am just glad to see another FE game on the eshop, now if they would put the Tellius saga up I would be really happy.

I may buy it sometime, I don't have any money in my account right now plus I have a physical copy. I am just glad to see another FE game on the eshop, now if they would put the Tellius saga up I would be really happy.

Wait for the Switch, I guarantee it's going to be on there, along with the other big players from the GC/Wii.

I'd totally get it if I could actually reasonably play it beyond chapter 8 without every chapter becoming a suicide mission.

Is the shop still functional?

Seeing as though the Switch is almost an entire quarter away, yes.

Edit: And no, it's actually rather easy if you lay off the arena and play it on Normal.

Edited by Hylian Air Force

Seeing as though the Switch is almost an entire quarter away, yes.

Edit: And no, it's actually rather easy if you lay off the arena and play it on Normal.

I think he meant the in game shop. I haven't played this version myself, but i'd guess that it would not be if they did not bother to make multiplayer functional.

I actualy found normal mode on this game to be easier than every FE before it's normal mode. This when IS started making normal mode easy.

I think it was just Europe getting revenge for being shafted on the original release. TB I have it physically.

Europe wasn't shafted on the original release either. It came out in Europe before North America as well.

WiFi Battles and WiFi Shop won't be included in this release.

#RIP_FalcoKnights

Believe it or not, this is actually only half true. Pretty much the whole Wi-Fi component no longer works because this version of the game is unable to connect to Nintendo WFC, but they've edited the game so that you just go directly to the shop instead of needing to connect online first. I personally tested this today and can confirm that you can still go to the online shop in this release. It's really nice of them to do.

...great now I'm going to have to buy this on my sister's Wii U just to get Elysian Whips and brave weapons. It's nice of them to do that in this release I agree but I still find it mega annoying that they left those things out of the game and as online exclusives in the first place.

Does the shop still rotate based on the date?

Europe wasn't shafted on the original release either. It came out in Europe before North America as well.

Believe it or not, this is actually only half true. Pretty much the whole Wi-Fi component no longer works because this version of the game is unable to connect to Nintendo WFC, but they've edited the game so that you just go directly to the shop instead of needing to connect online first. I personally tested this today and can confirm that you can still go to the online shop in this release. It's really nice of them to do.

Oh, so it is true, that battle only is nixed. Thanks for the confirmation!

would much rather play this on the 3ds tbh. but then again no idea how hard it is to obtain

I see it fairly regularly in used game shops, it seems to be only slightly rarer than the GBA games. It generally goes for about $40 last I saw.

WiFi Battles and WiFi Shop won't be included in this release.

#RIP_FalcoKnights

Man, I wish they were, because then I could do my silly Hardin + Wolfguard Wifi team again.

I'd totally get it if I could actually reasonably play it beyond chapter 8 without every chapter becoming a suicide mission.

Is the shop still functional?

You get a lot of good units early. Pay attention to enemy ranges, and you should be fine! Feel free to ask for help if a chapter's giving you grief!

...great now I'm going to have to buy this on my sister's Wii U just to get Elysian Whips and brave weapons. It's nice of them to do that in this release I agree but I still find it mega annoying that they left those things out of the game and as online exclusives in the first place.

Does the shop still rotate based on the date?

Yeah. Originally in the DS release the inventory depended on the time according to the Wi-Fi servers, but since there's no online connection involved in this version, it's just determined by the Wii U's internal clock, so you can indeed mess around with that to get whatever you want, whenever. Really handy to know!

Wow. That actually encourages to buy the game. It sucked so much having a game for years with a load of features I couldn't access since the DS wifi was incompatible with virtually every internet provider in my country.

Well it's about dang time, Nintendo! Why did it take so long for the US Virtual Console release? It's as if they wanted the release dates to reflect how long it takes to localize an FE game. What's more, we get it 1 1/2 years after Europe. Just...what the heck? Granted, they originally got it before the US anyway, but geez! Can't say Nintnedo doesn't care about Europe.

Well, at least this'll save me the trouble of looking and hoping to find a physical copy at Gamestop or whatever.

Good news for Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon on the North American Wii U eShop: I just checked the Wii U eShop and I did see Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon made it to the best selling category. This is surprisingly good news to Shadow Dragon manages to get to the category so fast in the Wii U eShop. I wondered if Path of Radiance and also Radiant Dawn will might get a chance to make it to the Best Sellers when they'll add GameCube Virtual Console in the Nintendo Switch since the 2 GBA Fire Emblem and two 3DS Fire Emblem games were already in the best selling category also?

20161213_193248_zps49zosbxn.jpg

20161213_193255_zpsskqyosnt.jpg