Hi any one wanted Caeda or Hector insteed of Lucina for super smash?

ShikamaruNara

Well just a question like that any one wanted Caeda or Hector insteed of Lucina for super smash?

Yah she look nice and all but if they had a fire emblem I would have pref a other style of weapons:

Caeda (spear could have also use a sword whit her down special to switch her gameplay)

Hector (same but whit a Axe and a sword)

SORRY FOR THE BAD ENGLISH

I wouldn't appreciate Ceada to much since I believe Akanea should get less focus over the other games rather than more. I think her pegasus also disqualifies her because it would be a beast to animate properly.

Hector on the other hand I find to be a very justified option. I don't quite think blazing sword gets the recognition it deserves for what it meant to the franchise when I see Awakening and Akanea get more focus over it, particularly with the SMT crossover. Awakening brought in a big newbie boom but so did Blazing sword. It was the start of Fire emblem's existence in the west and that alone makes it deserving of a rep. Roy is great but since he's Japanese only I don't think he fully represents the meaning of the GBA games and what they set in motion. Hector would be a perfect representation for the game that brought Fire emblem to the west. He himself has traits that appeal strongly to the west and he is quite the popular lord.

But I've never been one to criticize Lucina's presence in Smash. Part of this is because I hold her Smash appearance to lower standards. She is clearly a low effort job to increase the roster without spending to much time and resources and so I'm not going to hold her clone nature against her. I also think Lucina deserves her place because of her popularity which I feel is equally deserved.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Not really.

While due to my run-ins with people who waifu her I don't particularly have a fondness for her...

She is meant to be a low effort addition via Marth's moveset. Her popularity also merits that extra addition instead of just a costume change from Marth.

So, no.

No, but I didn't want Lucina either since I despise her. I wanted Ephraim for a lance user. There probably wouldn't have been enough development time for that though, since Lucina got in only because she was originally going to be a Marth alt rather than a clone with her own spot on the roster.

Edited by Anacybele

Hector could have been interesting, his style would be enough to differentiate himself from the other sword users, and could have been a good candidate if Ike had been replaced with another heavier character. Otherwise, not particularly!

For a Marth clone, no; Caeda and Hector would play far too differently and Caeda would have to fight without her pegasus mount. Leif (if I recall, Sakurai did want to put Leif into Melee before he realized that Roy's game was close to completion) would make a better Marth clone if Lucina weren't in the game and would give the Jugdral games representation.

The whole point of Lucina is to be a Marth on training wheels (no tipper and equal damage in all parts of the blade so it would be "easier" to play as). Very few man-hours had went into putting Lucina into the game.

Only way I could see Caeda in Smash is that somehow Sakurai decides to add a TMS#FE character in the form of Tsubasa and Caeda is in some way part of the moveset. But man, that's REALLY stretching things.

Caeda seems like a really random pick that hardly anyone wants anyway.

Hector is the character everyone (in the FE fandom) wants but would never make it. His game is old and he's the least prominent Lord from it.

Personally, I wouldn't care to see either.

Edited by Florete

I actually really liked Lucina, with a bit of work she can easily be her own unique character. Add in the use of lances for her Promoted class, and the use of bows due to her reclass option and I think you can make someone much more unique than what she ended up being. And Hector and Caeda don't seem very similar to any of the pre existing move sets. Maybe Hector and Ike, but that is a bit of a stretch.

Honestly, what we really need is a villain. Someone like the Black Knight, Ashnard, etc. that and we need a non sword user. Someone like Takumi, Camilla, Hector like you said, or Azura. (I used Fates characters because they are the most recent and relevant of them all. They have 10x more of a shot of getting in than characters from the older games.)

Edited by Tolvir

• 4 weeks later...

When I heard about the smash ballet it was 11p.m. and I was exhausted, and in a stroke of sleep deprived genius i voted for Joshua.

I don't know why I thought he would ever make it in smash

But yes, every day I wish Hector was in smash. I feel like he could be like a combination of roy (who should be replaced by Eliwood) and Ganondorf in terms of play style. He would be a heavy character and he would be pretty slow, but gods pray for you if he hit you with his Armads (or Wolf Beil)