Dragon Ball: Reborn as Yamcha ch 2 (Japanese only rn)

Jedi

Local Saiyan ruins everything.

This arc can't possibly live up to the sheer amount of hype and potential it has.

On 22/01/2017 at 1:57 AM, Alertcircuit said:

I'm fine with the androids being there. They're stronger than Goten, Trunks, and Yamcha. Roshi however, should not be there. Even Yajirobe is stronger than him.

I'm still insanely excited anyway though.

They clearly put Roshi there just so they could make a shot of him removing his glasses.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loving this new intro, as well as the new art direction. I've no issue with the higher contrast, but what really sells it for me is the more dynamic lines. Although there are still a few moments of "off-ness", they're rare in Episode 77 and not nearly as noticeable as in previous arcs. I only hope that this kind of quality continues. Considering the animation bump Vegito vs Zamasu got, I can only imagine what they're going to pull out of their asses for this. I'm surprised Hit isn't in the new intro, but I'm more hyped for Broletta, or whatever she ends up being called. Basically can't wait to get into the real meat of this arc, as well as the return of Android 17 and hopefully some legitimate fighting from Buu.

Lets hope it lives up to some of the hype, get some more of those cool Revival of F side moments, but in the spotlight. Etc etc.

Also I hope if other characters do get their share of the spotlight, people won't complain like they did when Future Trunks took center stage from Goku & Vegeta several times in his recent arc.

That new opening theme has to be the most exiting song written on the subject of boredom ever.

This arc is of to a good start for sure. This was a very fun episode with lots of promising details. Let's hope they manage to maintain that level this time. I'm particularly worried about how they plan to handle a tournament with no less then 120 contestants.

Anyway, I am really hoping that this arc will turn out to be great because I don't really like the concept of an universal tournament. Battle of Gods expanded the Dragonball world to 12 different universes, creating endless possibilities for new powerful opponents in the future. So I think it's a huge waste to have our protagonists face the strongest fighters of each universe in a single arc like this unless it leads to something really good.

Edited by BrightBow

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

That new opening theme has to be the most exiting song written on the subject of boredom ever.

This arc is of to a good start for sure. This was a very fun episode with lots of promising details. Let's hope they manage to maintain that level this time. I'm particularly worried about how they plan to handle a tournament with no less then 120 contestants.

Anyway, I am really hoping that this arc will turn out to be great because I don't really like the concept of an universal tournament. Battle of Gods expanded the Dragonball world to 12 different universes, creating endless possibilities for new powerful opponents in the future. So I think it's a huge waste to have our protagonists face the strongest fighters of each universe in a single arc like this unless it leads to something really good.

I don't think we'll be seeing anyone our group doesn't fight, since the majority of matches will be an off-screen affair. The only exceptions I can see to this are anyone who goes up against Broletta, Hit, Cabba and Goku's new rival. In terms of us seeing the strongest straight up, they'll easily be able to retcon things later if needed to say those were the strongest available warriors.

On 2/7/2017 at 0:59 AM, InfinityAlex said:

I don't think we'll be seeing anyone our group doesn't fight, since the majority of matches will be an off-screen affair. The only exceptions I can see to this are anyone who goes up against Broletta, Hit, Cabba and Goku's new rival. In terms of us seeing the strongest straight up, they'll easily be able to retcon things later if needed to say those were the strongest available warriors.

Yeah I agree, it'll be kind of like Yu Yu Hakushos Dark Tournament in that regard. (Although I highly doubt this will reach anywhere near that tourneys quality).

• 2 weeks later...

Bump, new episode is out, Masako did a review. 

My personal thoughts are, I think Universe 9's dudes are awesome and its cool to see Buu in some spotlight.

Just now, Jedi said:

Hopefully not, his legion of fans won't take another loss very well.

Oh... I will cry tears of ... Rage? I don't know what they will be, but I won't be happy. You can't have Gohan come out of the woodwork only to get clocked out immediately. 

Lets just hope it doesn't come to that, i'm sure they'll have him do SOMETHING considering he's been hinted at training behind the scenes for awhile now. 

Also I'm gonna make a score card for Universe 7's wins/losses I think.

54 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Hopefully not, his legion of fans won't take another loss very well.

Let's face it... Universe 7 already won the first match, and Gohan is 1. rusty, 2. fighting blind and 3. against someone who doesn't have a typical ki for him to feel or read. I just can't see him winning this one.

5 hours ago, TheEnd said:

Let's face it... Universe 7 already won the first match, and Gohan is 1. rusty, 2. fighting blind and 3. against someone who doesn't have a typical ki for him to feel or read. I just can't see him winning this one.

Maybe he'll pull some BS like Future Trunks did, but you're probably right.

So Gohan basically won, but the match got declared a draw. 

He didn't jobber out.

And here is a bit of the fight 

Edited by Jedi

bullshit that it was a draw, he was clearly standing

judges are dumb. also is the mortal level thing a measure of power or a measure of something more abstract? Like "quality of civilizations"? So one universe can be stupidly powerful but have a lot of degenerate civilizations running amok?

43 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

bullshit that it was a draw, he was clearly standing

judges are dumb. also is the mortal level thing a measure of power or a measure of something more abstract? Like "quality of civilizations"? So one universe can be stupidly powerful but have a lot of degenerate civilizations running amok?

I think they called it that way just so they get a full 3 matches. 

I'm not sure, I think power is a fairly good assumption. I'm just more amused that Xeno is almost encouraging Zamasu like extermination. 

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I think they called it that way just so they get a full 3 matches. 

I'm not sure, I think power is a fairly good assumption. I'm just more amused that Xeno is almost encouraging Zamasu like extermination. 

I'm more interested in what this means for Whis and Beerus' dynamic now. 

Just now, Augestein said:

I'm more interested in what this means for Whis and Beerus' dynamic now. 

I'm honestly wondering the dynamic between Goku & Beerus because this tournament went in direct violation of what Beerus told Goku to do, and now 7 universes are going to get potentially nuked. 

It'll all be on Gokus hands too. 

Was expecting Gohan to be a punching bag. Pleasant surprise.

I'm guessing Zen'o's mortal level isn't power, though - the whole reason those tournaments amuse him seems to be the fact he wasn't very familiar with fighting, after all.

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

I'm honestly wondering the dynamic between Goku & Beerus because this tournament went in direct violation of what Beerus told Goku to do, and now 7 universes are going to get potentially nuked.

It'll all be on Gokus hands too.

On the other hand, the Great Priest implied the 8 "lesser" universes were supposedly going to be nuked anyway.

5 minutes ago, TheEnd said:

Was expecting Gohan to be a punching bag. Pleasant surprise.

I'm guessing Zen'o's mortal level isn't power, though - the whole reason those tournaments amuse him seems to be the fact he wasn't very familiar with fighting, after all.

On the other hand, the Great Priest implied the 8 "lesser" universes were supposedly going to be nuked anyway.

Zeno just gets bored way too easily lol.

This fight and the Buu fight have gotten me really excited for the rest of the fights.

Edited by Jedi

Makes sense that Universe 9 would be at the very bottom. I mean, their poisons are awful. Apparently even if you apply it in massive quantities, it still takes like 20 minutes for it to actually disable an opponent. I'm no expert but I think the poisonous animals of our planet are far more deadly then that.

Edited by BrightBow