Horatio's Battle Sprite BS

Horatioactive414

Sprite Post II-

What's new

0tjkZ1x.png

Revamp. Fiddling with palettes. I was trying to go with a Nomad-like color scheme for the first one. What I really like about this is the unenthusiastic and resentful look it gives off(without an eyebrow like the mercenary, that gives a more confident vibe), since that's exactly what I was going for as a character. The coat needs better shading, however.

fAzFWQP.png

The sister of the earlier character. Because she's a dancer, I tried to go with a leaner look but not with one-pixel wide arms, as she is a swordfighter as well. I'm surprised I managed to convey wild hair as well as I did, and I'm overall happy with it. It manages that balance between strong and quick Lyn nearly achieved. Nearly.

What I'm aiming for in the future: Dynamic and emotional poses, not just standing straight up, weapon(s) in hand. Giving off a look for battle really adds personality, whether it be the Mercenary's hand on his hip or the Pirate leaning over in the enemy's face, eager to fight.

Currently working on the May revamp as my main priority.

Sprite post III-

Recently found this in my old animations folder:

oGRyhPT.gif

It was probably meant to be a third-tier promotion for May or something.

MASSIVE(get it) gif alert:

[spoiler=Big Stuff]eiub41t.gifwcCh6UC.png

I used to have an infatuation with Zephiel-scale sprites back in the day.

Progress on the May revamp:

cy7tu6F.gif

Original:

RXyRgFZ.gif

Edited by Horatioactive414

When I think of the name Horatio I think of the rat from the Nutshack lol

I really like your animations, they're smooth and cool, also your shading is pretty unique, albeit pillow-shaded. (honestly I think youre the rare exception of doing pillow-shading and making it look nice lol)

Sprite Post IV-

More old stuff:

rHjUB4g.gif

6QG6uYL.gif

Nautre and Erutan, the Cain and Abel of my hack. Made these back when I was still sorta bad, but they still flow really well.

Also, the revamp is godly so far, but I can't manage to recreate the first slash and windup without making it look less awkward. Any ideas?

You really need to work on your pillow shading, as well as your colors. It looks kinda like you're using mug colors for your skin shades when you should be using bs colors. Everything is also super pillowy, you don't need to AA everything, I think that's contributing to your problem.

34fb7e3411552c8a229b8715c5ed9c34.png

Trying to balance the colors out a bit, since I don't want the leather to be too light it looks like skin and the skin to be too dark it looks like leather.

EDIT: People use mug colors for palettes? I've never actually heard of anyone doing that.

[spoiler=MORE Palettes!]Ikp73Qx.png

RWWiEEu.png\

QvZDCrj.png2P1xsYC.png

EDIT: All the purple ones belong to Brahm's mercenary group, the brown ones are generic bandits and the green Nomadic Trooper is part of a certain tribe of albinos.