How Often Do You Replay FE4?

Rend Keaven

It's been 3 months since I've beaten FE4 for the first time. Playing through this long game was an experience I really enjoyed and would recommend hardcore fans to experience. However, it's a game I don't see myself replaying for a long time. Don't get me wrong, this game has replay value (getting a better ranking, trying different pairings, going for a substitute only run etc), but after 60 hours of game play (yes, some of those hours involved arena grinding...), I was kind of FE4'd out. .

I made this topic, for curiosity sake, to ask those who really loved FE4 and even those who consider it their favorite: When do you go back to replaying this very long game after completing it?

I played it twice at only a 3-month interval, and I'll probably do a 3rd run in the near future. However, since I only played it that amount of times, you shouldn't really take my experience seriously. ;)

Every couple of years or so. I probably have logged at least three playthroughs of vanilla since 2009, but I've done at least 10+ runs of various hacks (binary, inflation, lex, tordo, etc. lol)

When I first beat it I replayed it immediately. I've replayed it like at least ten times, but lately I've been trying to focus on cleaning out my backlog instead of replaying old games. I'd love to replay it again though soon. I'd easily call it my favorite game of all time.

When I first beat it I replayed it immediately. I've replayed it like at least ten times, but lately I've been trying to focus on cleaning out my backlog instead of replaying old games. I'd love to replay it again though soon. I'd easily call it my favorite game of all time.

Respect, my man. :)

I first played FE4 about a year and a half ago, and am currently on Chapter 9 of my third playthrough. I play it when I'm in the mood for it; which is often enough, what with it being my favourite game in the franchise and all. how I haven't ragequitted from anyone important dying in that run which is also an ironman yet...

When I first beat it I replayed it immediately. I've replayed it like at least ten times

Pretty much this, altough this brought me to become tired of this game. The last time I played It was probably 2 years ago.

Still, in the future, I may be replaying this game again.

I've played this game at least 5 times back in the 90s in Vietnam when it first came out in Japanese even though I didn't understand a word of it. I didn't even know what name it called in English, I was just a little kid back then. I was still be able to work out a few simple calculations, pairing system, forged 100 kills weapons and most of the secret events, no in-depth calculation nor love growth like you guys have today but I absolutely love it.

20 years later and here I am, found the English name of it, found this dedicated forum, English translation patch, emulator and started play it again. It's like new to me as I forgot all of events, secret or not. I get to end of Chapter 8 now and I understand the story line a lot clearer compare to before. I plan to re-run it to get AAAA ranking.

Looking at my XBone and PS4 gathering dust as I hardly play them even though there are so many modern games with better graphic, I guess your best childhood games will follow you forever.

I beat it around two years ago, and I've fully played through it two more times. The first time with Gharnef's patch, the next with Twilkitri, and this past time back in October on the new (ish: been out for a few months now) Project Naga patch. I've half played it countless other times.

The very nature of the game sort of leans against creativity unless you impose your own restrictions, as you can't will Sigurd and Seliph to stop being game-controlling gods. Nothing anyone else does matters too much. But I did clock in some hundreds of hours and two playthroughs before realizing that, for what it's worth.

Edited by Inference

Whenever I can. What I do is I keep Snes9x FE4 windows always open but hidden and have it turn up whenever I realize I have like 4 hours of spare time to play at least a chapter and a half. I have two more sets of pairings I want to try and all the binary hacks to play.