Paths in the Binding Blade

TheEmblem

So Im at chapter 9 and I just need a few things cleared before I really get invested.

1. So Is there a difficulty for either route A or B, is one more difficult than the other? This question applies to the illia and sacae split to.

2. Are the gaiden chapters affected by whichever route chosen or does it not matter? What are the exact requirements for each gaiden chapter?

I plan on going a route to illia and Im on normal mode l. If anyone can answer these Id be very happy.

The Gaidens are not affected by the Western Isles route split. If you don't recruit Elphin, there's no "Keep Elphin alive" requirement for 12x

There are 2 different 20x's for the Sacae/Illia split, Yodel gives the other route's weapon when he joins.

As for which routes... I normally go Lalum's route because I like her, and Illia because I love my pegasus knights.

The route split on the Isles isn't terribly important. Echidna is a better unit than Bartre, but neither of them are crucial for your team. And the differences between Lalum and Elphin as units hardly matter at all. Chapter 11 on Lalum's route is not particularly hard to beat, but getting all of the recruitable characters and optional treasures is very tricky. So I guess Elphin's route is a bit easier.

Ilia vs. Sacae is a bigger difference, simply because Nomads are actually strong enemies while peg knights are just bad (especially because they don't bother to use light weapons most of the time). You can find the gaiden requirements here - the gaiden on the isles is completely independent from the chosen path while Ilia and Sacae only have one exclusive gaiden chapter each. But as Glaceon Mage said, you'll get the remaining legendary weapon soon enough.

Also, if you plan to use Gonzalez, you should go Lalum's route, since he'll have the same bases, but be like 5 levels lower, for some reason.