2016: Looking Back, New Year Resolutions

Anacybele

For me personally, 2016 has been a game-changer for me thanks to an eventful Spring. The rest of the year is nothing special from my point of view, but I won't forget Spring of 2016.

In terms of politics and global events, 2016 has been a pretty exciting year to watch unfold. Terrible year for actors though.

What happened in the spring?

What happened in the spring?

Do not take this personally, but I generally don't like discussing my personal life; but I'll tell you, since you asked.

Without going into too much detail: a series of events in Texas, involving me hitting the lowest point of my entire life, unexpectedly helped me overcome my struggle with depression, non-existent self-esteem, and occasional suicidal thoughts that I've had since becoming an adult. It also helped give me an idea of what I want do going into the future, as well as a long-term goal (moving to another state). It also led to me re-evaluating my opinion on a few things.

For me, 2016 has been just a continuation of 2015, taking only good points from that year and enhancing or multiplying the value of those positive things. My spring this year was great, great birthday, had a lot of fun with friends. I broke my arm during a charity event i helped host as a boardmember of a student association where I have been the first person in 27 years to be chosen to be a boardmember 2 years in a row. It was an amazing experience, being taken to the hospital, on thursday at 01:00 in the morning and leaving the hospital on friday at 11:00 sharp, without a cast was a great way to break an arm and have it be put back together. No fuss, no hassle. Just 1.5 days in the hospital and off I go, able to do anything i want except lift heavy things for maybe 6 weeks. Makes it a lot easier to move as well, you just have your friends do the heavy lifting. =p

Then summer rolls along, my second year of said boardmembership end with a hectic week where we try to get new members in a city wide event called the "KEI-week". Great stuff. I was deemed to be the second best cook and supervisor at the association and the best bartender.

Autumn comes along and I announce that i will be retiring from my job, looking for a new one because I don't want to work morning shifts anymore in a hotel, we end on good terms. Also in september I move again, because my girlfriend and I decided to start living together. The first move was to move to the same building, because I didn't want to live with three other people in the same appartment anymore, and now I'm living in a great home with the person I love. ^^

Now it's winter, for my girlfriends birthday we went to the animal shelter and got two cats, I also bought her pokemon moon. And in december I also got a new job as a chef in a great restaurant only 5 minutes away from my home.

As for family, they all still like me, no one died, everybody is happy to a certain degree, we get along well and my Gf's family is also great.

Worst day was 1st of january, which is when I was terribly ill and got called with an angry father for some reason and that had to be at 09:00 in the morning. -_-"

Oh and I was ill a few times, but everybody has that. And my worst one was having an inflammation of the throat a week long. Wooooooo big deal i'd say. =p

Can't wait for 2017!

I found my 2016 to be uneventful. Nothing good, nothing bad. Wish it was a little more exciting though..

For 2017, I'm starting technical college next week, and I'm really hoping everything goes well.

And the past few months I've been gaining some weight, so I'm planning to start exercising more and shave off those pounds and then some.

Happy New Year everyone! Hope everything works out well for you guys!