Birthright Lunatic PMU for 2017

Ozarhok

Thank you everyone for your help with this, I'm glad I made this topic so early so it'd be ready in time. I'll be starting this in about 30 hours from now at the stroke of midnight for 2017, I've been looking forward to doing this ever since I've improved and understood this game better from my other playthroughs.

Oh yeah, I started this a while ago

Chapters 1-6

Typical pre actual game stuff, Corrin got to level 10 at chapter 6. Camilla pretty much gives an entire level for beating her.

Chapter 7

Decided to risk it and charge the left part with the dragon vein and do this chapter somewhat quickly. Corrin tanked Silas while others went to kill the theiving outlaw.

Chapter 8

Took this slow because I didn't know when some of the enemies moved, and because of the sand.

Paralouge 13

This was the easiest paralouges/DLCs for me to do right now so I did it first. The only concern was the pretty tough promoted enemies but Great Lord Hinoka with the Guard Naginata could handle them.

Anna on the Run

This was really easy, Orochi could one round any of them except the bosses and Hinkoa is still good at taking hits.

Paralouge 5

I blocked the bottom part with Hinoka and everyone else went top. Surprisingly all the villagers survived, though I had to kill Nichol a bit earlier then I wanted to because one got in his range.

Chapter 9

A joke after all the experience I got in the previous chapters, pretty sure I got no more than 3 levels total

Paralouge 11

This has got to be the easiest paralouge, nothing but wimpy Faceless with the only danger being not checking some of the more deadly skills they have.

Chapter 10

Even with the extra levels I have this chapter is still annoying. The first few turns are rough because of all the two-range enemies and it's difficult to set up a good defensive position. The rest of the chapter isn't that much easier because of all the pretty quick ninjas, I don't think I had a single unit that could double them.

Class         Level  HP   Str  Mag  Skl  Spd Lck  Def  Res
Corncob  Fighter       14.83  34+5 14   0    17   14   11   13  7
Kaze     Cavalier      14.65  27   17   0    15   19   12   11  15
Rinkah   Diviner       14.77  26   8    12+2 14   17   12   10  10
Hana     Archer        14.36  27   20   2    19+2 17   13   9   11
Orochi   Dark Falcon   15.23  24   5    24+2 16   16+2 15   10  23
Hinoka   Great Lord    14.84  26   17   5    19   21   16   18  16
Oboro    Samurai       12.70  26   13   1    10   14   12   13  10
Kagero   Ninja         10.0   22   15   0    10   12   7    9   10
Anna     Outlaw        13.66  23   11   13   12   17   16   7   18
Sophie   Mercenary     13.18  26   12   4    17   15   11   9   9
Caeldori Spear Fighter 14.8   27   16   4    14   16   12   13  10
Hisame   Spear Fighter 12.36  26   12   1    13   12   8    11   7

Got a lot of great units here, Kaze, Rinkah, Orochi, Hinoka and Caeldori are all great. Surprisingly Corncob is one of my lesser units this time, his only good stat being his health that's at around endgame level. I don't have high hopes for Hisame either, he wasn't good the last time I got him and his two level ups so far have been poor.

• 2 months later...

I've got the Fire Emblem groove back

Chapter 11

It's been over two months since I did this & the next few chapters, so bear with me. I took this really slow, everyone had pretty middling, average stats at this point so no one was really good at taking on the wyverns except Anna & Hana. Not the most fun playstyle.

Chapter 12

Initially I wanted Corncob and Orochi to run to the exit, but I had them take on Xander & company, which took many tries and careful use of Lightning. Everyone else routed the rest of the map except for taking on Garon obviously.

Paralouge 10

Don't really remember but it was easy so whatever.

Paralouge 2

Everyone went to the top-right corner until Kana finished off those scary Falcon Knights.

Chapter 13

This is the chapter that made me burnt out with this playthrough, dying to too many stupid things will do that to you. When I picked this back up I beat this on my first try, I guess I needed to have a fresh look at things.

Chapter 14

The only hard part was the second turn, I had to kill each of the units that ran at me during the first enemy phase. Hinoka was able to tank and lure out the rest of the cavaliers with the Guard Naginata. I had to end this chapter a little earlier than I wanted too due to a berserker getting too close.

Chapter 15

Hisame was able to catch up and escape mediocrity by killing a lot of Wolfskin with the Beast Killer, Kana also got in some kills with hear Beastbane ability. I also did this on my first attempt, actually using the Dragon Veins helped.

Chapter 16

The first chapter I had to restart at since returning to this, but it was during the first few turns so whatever. Orochi's high resistance made taking on Iago not a problem at all.

Paralouge 7

I learned not to wait too long to take on this chapter, so it was the first paralouge I decided to go with to promote the rest of my characters. It was so much easier not doing this late game, Shiro can actually hold his own. Everyone but Caeldori got enough experience to promote here.

Chapter 17

I would've completed this a bit sooner if there wasn't insta-reinforcements the moment you crossed a portion of the map. Having all of my units promoted during this chapter made it easy though, the surprisingly quick Maids were the only thing no one could one-round.

Class                  Level  HP   Str  Mag  Skl  Spd  Lck  Def Res
Corncob  Hero          2.06   40+5 20   0    26   21   16   18  10
Kaze     Paladin       2.06   34   23   1    21   27   16   17  21
Rinkah   Onmyoji       1.79   31   9    20+2 19   24   17   15  14
Hana     Sniper        2.01   31   25   3    26+2 25   15   14  13
Orochi   Dark Falcon   22.51  27   7    27+2 20   16+2 20   10  28
Hinoka   Great Lord    22.52  30   24   7    24   24   19   24  20
Oboro    Swordmaster   2.07   32   21   6    17   20   17   19  17
Kagero   Mechanist     2.47   28   26   0    17   17   17   14  16
Anna     Adventurer    1.40   24   12   21   17   23   22   10  27
Sophie   Bow Knight    1.48   33   16   6    23   24   15   11  17
Caeldori Spear Master  2.03   32   24   5    21   22   15   17  14
Hisame   Basara        1.48   32   20   8    20   19   18   17  13
Selkie   Master Ninja  2.20   30   19   3    20   27   15   12  25
Kana     Nine-Tails    1.04   31+5 19   10   20   24   20   12  18

Everyone just promoted and are now one or two shotting everything so it's too early to say whose great or not, but I must say that so far I'm very surprised with Rinkah.

Edited by Ozarhok

Already finished it because I got the Fire Emblem fever

Chapter 18

Everyone was promoted, so no one took any more than 8 damage from the Faceless. I dragged this out for a bit to try and gain weapon experience, and ended it when I thought I was getting overwhelmed.

Chapter 19

This chapter caused a rare reset because of that high speed Swordmaster at the end, otherwise this was quick and easy.

Chapter 20

Pretty sure this chapter was designed for getting the last of your units promoted, but considering I've already done that this was basically an easier Chapter 18.

Chapter 21

Hinoka was still the tankiest person on my team so she led whenever I made a bridge to the next area. I forgot about the lava and reinforcements at the end but Orochi was able to fly up and kill the boss

Chapter 22

By this time my units were a little bit better than the enemy, so I could engage enemies more often rather than waiting for them to come after me then clean up on my turn. Though while I still used Hinoka for luring and diving, her defence was starting to fall behind.

Chapter 23

I took this really carefully, I waited until the reinforcements in every column stopped coming before I moved on. I had to hold up in the connecting corridors for most of this chapter so it took a long time, but at least I did it all in one attempt.

Paralouge 6

I never did this chapter so late in the game, the enemies were the toughest they've ever been so far. I had to do the first few turns quickly to block Candace, so I probably restarted this chapter the most so far.I killed her off once the reinfrocements got too close for my liking

Paralouge 14

Probably should've done this chapter before the previous one, Faceless always seem to be be easy to kill fodder, though these ones had annoingly high defences.

Paralouge 3

I've always liked this chapter, you can lure and take on how many enemies you want if you know what you're doing, and it isn't too hard either.

Chapter 24

The last time I played this, this is when the game started to get really hard, but now that I'm more knowledgeable and I use the paralouges for experience this was really no more different than any of the other ones I've done. Though the reinforcements got overwhelming and I didn't have anyone around to activate the Dragon Veins up top, so I killed Hans earlier than I wanted too.

Paralouge 4

The enemies were really tough in this paralouge as well, so I had to do the boring strat taking this slow and lure out enemies. Though the first few turns I had to move quick to protect a reckless Dwyer from the Spear Masters.

The rest of the paralouges were samey and uneventful, so rather than try to come up with summaries of them I'll just skip over the rest

Chapter 25

Hinoka paired with Caeldori was able to hold off the left side on their own while everyone else went down the middle and right. I took out all of the many reinforcements before going any further than the second entrapper Strategist. I never did this chapter slowly so I didn't realise how many reinforcements there was, it was around turn 18 when I was finally able to take on the middle and kill the ballista & magic orb users.

Chapter 26

The only part of concern was the first turn, but even that was pretty easy. Selkie paired up with Corncob to take down Xander.

Invasion 3

I had to put all of the statues on the left part of the throne and the Puppets on the right for my methods to work. Selkie paired with Kana ran down the middle and succesfully dodge-tanked nearly all of the enemies that showed up there .

Chapter 27

With Selkie being an amazing dodger and having enough people with decent enough defence, this went easily. Selkie herself was able to take on most of the left side and the middle berserkers with a Dual Shuriken.

Final

Well I learned that the Wyrmslayer doesn't do anything extra to the final boss, luckily Corncob got a crit on him anyways and I was able to rescue Hana and have her finish him.

I couldn't edit this with the toolbar, so instead of bolding capped stats I just put a * next to them

Class                  Level  HP   Str  Mag  Skl  Spd  Lck  Def Res
Corncob  Hero          17.32  53+8 30   1    37*  33*  25   26  16
Kaze     Paladin       18.16  45   31*  1    28   35*  22   24  33*
Rinkah   Onmyoji       17.30  33   15   28+2 29   35*  22   21  18
Hana     Sniper        17.63  38   33*  5    38+2*35   21   19  19
Orochi   Dark Falcon   38.17  33   10   38+2*27   25+2 28   14  35*
Hinoka   Great Lord    38.40  37   32*  9    32   30   24   28  32
Oboro    Swordmaster   18.50  42   32   13   27   33   28   27  21
Kagero   Mechanist     17.52  37   35*  0    23   24   24   18  25
Anna     Adventurer    16.76  38   16   27   21   32   31*  14  36*
Shura    Berserker     17.28  47+5 31   5    28   29   14   27  19
Sophie   Bow Knight    16.33  41   21   11   30   34   26   13  25
Caeldori Spear Master  17.52  41   33   7    29   29   21   23  20
Hisame   Basara        16.52  42   29   10   29   27   26   22  18
Selkie   Master Ninja  19.57  40   30   3    27   39*  26   16  35
Kana     Nine-Tails    16.45  34+5 26   11   29   31   31   20  29

Breif review:

Corncob: Really slow to take off, it took him until a bit into being promoted to start doing really well. Him being the only real axe user out of my team was a nice niche, but critting is too luck-based for my playstyle so I didn't really embrace any of the crit-weapons
Kaze: He started off strong and only got better throughout the playthrough, he maxed speed shortly after promoting and his defence eventually got decent enough so he could be put in situations that would be risky for just about anyone else.
Rinkah: I was very surprised on how she turned out, using all of the spirit dusts helped a bit. I had a Horse Scroll on her almost permanently and she doubled pretty much everything, though she mostly healed upon promoting.
Hana: I've heard great things about Archer Hana and I was not dissapointed, she must have got Strength, Skill and Speed every level, and had enough defences to take a hit or two every now and then.
Orochi: I got very lucky with her 30% speed growth, she could one round anything she could double, which was anything but Master Ninjas and Swordmasters. I put Galeforce to great use once I got it, it was pretty much a free kill whenever I wanted to progress slowly.
Hinoka: My best tank, being able to use the Guard Naginata immediately and a crazy high Defence growth she was my best unit until endgame, then she couldn't keep up offensively.
Oboro: While good, she was over shadowed by others in specific areas. She wasn't quick enough to double nor was she really durable to take hits. Though getting Swordfaire at the end really helped her offence.
Kagero: Strength was pretty much all she had, good for weakening enemies that couldn't counter but not much else. Her resistance was okay near the end but not enough to engage mages that she couldn't one shot
Anna: She pretty much only used the Shining Bow upon arrival and really put it to good use. She was basically an Onmyoji after promoting.
Shura: Had a bit of trouble contributing due to pretty low defence and his strength wasn't good enough for the Great Club, but was good for cleaning up enemies and killing Generals with the hammer.
Sophie: She didn't get to use the Shining Bow, but pre promotion she got a lot of use out of the Levin Sword. Her offence didn't improve after promoting, but she was decent at killing flying units.
Caeldori: A worse version of her mother, but having a better Naginata ranking eventually made her offence better near the end.
Hisame: Probably the worst of my team but still decent.He could tank if necessary and weaken things for others.
Selkie: The best unit I had for near the end of the gam and onward, she could not only reliably dodge-tank but actually kill things with her great strength and Lethality sometimes.
Kana: Decent offence, but couldn't treally engage anyone physical that wasn't finishing it.Near the end of the game she was paired up with Selkie most of the time.

That was an easy but fun playthrough, I still got the Fire Emblem itch and one more save slot next, so I'll probably start up one last PMU playthrough of this game before I really put it down.

Edited by Ozarhok