Passing Down Female-Exclusive Skills to Sons

twistedxgrace

I'm playing Awakening right now, planning on getting all the kids and going a little crazy in terms of skills I have passed down to them.

I'm planning to pass down Galeforce to Owain and Inigo, but what about Brady? It feels wrong to me passing down Galeforce to a healer even though I know he could become good offensively eventually, so could I be missing an opportunity for him? I know it'd probably be best to pass down a Troubadour/Valkyrie skill anyway, but any advice on which one?

Speaking of, should I do the same for Laurent and Gerome just for the sake of them having female-exclusive skills? May they find any good use for any Troubadour/Valkyrie skills? I'd be willing to reclass Miriel, but not Cherche.

Pass down Galeforce to Brady because it's Galeforce. But in all honesty, it's easily the best skill in game so if you can pass it down, do it.

I say pass down Dual Support+ to Laurent if only because Miriel is good as a Valkyrie (so leveling her up in that class isn't a chore). Whereas with Cherche it isn't worth it in the long run unless your insane like me and want every unit to have all the skills they can have.

outside of galeforce, it's probably just personal preference since none of the other skills are that significant. gerome and laurent might want dual support+ (but then again you're not reclassing cherche, so then it doesn't really matter).

brady in the main game is pretty useless outside of healing, but if you're doing post-game stuff like apotheosis or rogues and redeemers then he actually becomes an amazing offensive unit, and then yeah he would like galeforce.

outside of galeforce, it's probably just personal preference since none of the other skills are that significant. gerome and laurent might want dual support+ (but then again you're not reclassing cherche, so then it doesn't really matter).

brady in the main game is pretty useless outside of healing, but if you're doing post-game stuff like apotheosis or rogues and redeemers then he actually becomes an amazing offensive unit, and then yeah he would like galeforce.

The only post-game DLC I'm planning to do is Future Past, but I wouldn't ever consider passing down Galeforce to NPC!Brady. What about my Brady, though?

By the time you get Brady, you're pretty much at the point in the game where you have no straight healers, so you'll have to grind him up to have offensive capabilities if you plan to use him, and he's a decent magic unit, so if you plan to use him at all, definitely pass down Gale Force.

Fifth-ing (fifthening?) Galeforce. It really is far and away one of the best skills in Awakening, if not the best (honestly I'd argue that it's not even that far behind the likes of Limit Breaker in terms of usefulness), plus the other female-only skills aren't even close to worth it (though it's kinda hilarious to pass down Demoiselle to Brady), Lancefaire is the only one that even sort of works, IMO, and Brady, with his abysmal strength regardless of who his father is, can't make that much use of it unless you run some weird kinda magical paladin setup with a Shockstick (and at that point you're basically a significantly weaker, and less versatile, albeit slightly more resistant, Dark Knight, so it's kind of moot).

As an afterthought, though: Dual Support+ from Valkyrie isn't that awful, if you want to run Brady as a full-time pair-up partner... but Brady's really more suited towards a lead sweeper type build IMO. I mean, he's one of four potential Galeboys - might as well make use of that niche.