What is your preferred difficulty to play in FE6?

NoMommaGarchomp

What is your preferred difficulty in Binding Blade (aka Sword of Seals)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Poll Title AND Topic Title...

• Normal
    • Hard

I am just doing my second playthrough, just cheesed Chap 14 while getting a good amount of items and the Gaiden. This would have normally been on Hard, but I am playing on another platform this time so I can't access it. I am using a new team this time, but I just realized how easy-to-break FE6 can be after knowing more about it. And I wonder if HM is more of an enjoyable experience, and how harder it is than NM. I am just FASCINATED with HM bonuses (My favourite Peggy, Sniper, Nomad, Myrm, Wyvern, Brigand and more enjoy them) and I've heard quite a few things about the mean reinforcements. And I want to see if it is indeed preferred to the majority of people.

While I personally prefer playing on Hard Mode for the challenge, I think most people will say they prefer Normal because its more comfortable and doesn't require as much effort.

FE6's design doesn't shine on NM. There's no reason to use anyone except mounts and staff bots (barring some sort of challenge run).

if several of fe6's earlygame maps weren't so awful on hard mode (namely chapter 4) it'd alleviate a lot of the problems I have with it. There's a huge gap in difficulty between normal mode and Hard mode though.

that being said I think i've played FE6 more on normal mode because most of the time I play it is during a draft

Chapters 4 and 7 are a PITA, and Chapter 5 has some pretty dumb enemies and an extremely dumb boss, but the rest of the early chapters are fine IMO.

I still prefer it on Hard Mode. The game's first ~8 chapters just aren't that great regardless of difficulty but there's a lot of mid-game chapters I really enjoy [yes, this does include Ch.14] where HM just completely trumps NM in terms of FE experience.

• 3 weeks later...

All the GBA fire emblem's gameplay don't really shine unless you are playing on hard mode on original hardware (i.e. NO SAVE STATES). FE6 was a snooze-fest until i unlocked hard mode. TBH the gaiden chapters are all terrible no matter what difficulty.

• 1 month later...

I've beaten Hard mode 3 times, and Normal around 5.  With that said, however, Hard mode gives FE 6 it's true charm. While a ton of its difficulty is a giant middle finger to the player, it does give you plenty of resources to handle things before hand - if you can get them all.  Chapter 14 anyone? :Lilina:

• 4 weeks later...