Binding Blade

TheEmblem

So before I begin let me say im sorry for posting all this crap about binding blade in the wrong forum I was still new. I just recently beat it and I am now sure it is among my favorites, and you wont have to see anything else posted about it in this general forum since I know what to expect now that I have beaten it. Love how the storys connect and love Roy way more than eliwood. Guess thats all I have to say really.

Awesome! I've never had a chance to play it. Without spoiling any juicy story bits, what do you reckon is the best part of that game? I've heard good things about Roy's character (though equally terrible things about his growth rates).

Awesome! I've never had a chance to play it. Without spoiling any juicy story bits, what do you reckon is the best part of that game? I've heard good things about Roy's character (though equally terrible things about his growth rates).

That last part is interesting, because he has the best overall growth rates in the game. If it wasn't for the late promotion he would be pretty solid, even with low bases.

I have a problem picking just one part of that game that I love, but I think my favorite chapter is with Jahn and the dragon guantlet, which explains a lot of the scouring.

Well his late promotion + Binding Blade to kill Dragons cements him as mediocre, but his growths aren't spread out too well. Like his Skill and Luck are his highest non-HP growths, then everything else is slightly above average (str/spd) to average (def/res). His HP isn't particularly special either.

Honestly Roy would be a serviceable unit if he promoted at a more reasonable point in the game. The only real slow point he has is the midgame, when everyone else is promoting.

As is he's basically FE9 Ike if he promoted right before the Black Knight Fight, in a game with tougher enemies and lower player growths overall.

Anyway, glad you liked it OP. It's a fun game, at least for me. Some questionable design decisions, like aforementioned problem with Roy's promotion, but still enjoyable overall.

My Roy in my last run managed to get some good level ups (he got a PERFECT level up in his first level up!), yet he still managed to fall behind. I don't know, he just has something that makes him bad y'know. If he at least could promote at the end of chapter 16...

My favorite chapter is, I'd say, chapter 7. It's hard, you have a lot of things to do, visit houses, recruit people, open chests and doors, go into the arena, steal stuff, and deal with the reinforcements that come from behind. It's pretty neat.

Honestly Roy would be a serviceable unit if he promoted at a more reasonable point in the game. The only real slow point he has is the midgame, when everyone else is promoting.

It depends on how you define midgame, because he would have trouble with or without a promotion if he promoted in Chapter 16 simply because of the nature of the coming maps. But he is definitely very good in the Western Isles.

It depends on how you define midgame, because he would have trouble with or without a promotion if he promoted in Chapter 16 simply because of the nature of the coming maps. But he is definitely very good in the Western Isles.

Best case scenario for him is probably promoting in 14/x via a Heaven Seal or something, but promoting in Chapter 16/x is definitely a major improvement as well. Then again, it's hard to be worse than where it is in the vanilla game.

Or if they went through with that thing in the Beta where they made him king of the Western Isles, I guess that works too. He wouldn't do much there after the fact though, so I can't blame them for dropping that.

FE9 is the only FE with story based promotion that I can consider somewhat well timed, most lords who have them suffer for it, especially in the GBA games.