Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

thane98

You really missed an opportunity for a "Down, sword hand!" joke with the Hooded Guy Silas scenes.

Remember, I played JP Awakening. Sword hands didn't exist there.

"Aching/Boiling Blood" does.

Fun fact: Odin's personal skill is his gimmick in JP Awakening.

Edited by shadowofchaos

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, noob question here. If I have physical Conquest, is that the only version I can randomize?

Yes, it's the only version you can dump from your copy of the game. If you have custom firmware installed, you may be able to modify DLC as well, but the process is a lot more complicated. The only other options is to find a copy of the special edition.

I am very confused on how to run this, because I suck at understanding directions. I require assistance!

Edited by Tuvy2

Posted · Hidden by eclipse, January 13, 2017 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, January 13, 2017 - No reason given

I have the newest version of the randomizer and the bar is stuck around 10%, i originally thought it would jst take a while but i left my computer on when i went to school and when i came back the bar was still around the 10% point. Was just wondering if you knew of a way that i could fix this. As a side note i do have the files for UnassumingVenasaur's gay fates patch in the files that are being randomized.

I have the newest version of the randomizer and the bar is stuck around 10%, i originally thought it would jst take a while but i left my computer on when i went to school and when i came back the bar was still around the 10% point. Was just wondering if you knew of a way that i could fix this. As a side note i do have the files for UnassumingVenasaur's gay fates patch in the files that are being randomized.

post-16196-0-80755000-1484089010_thumb.png

For anyone who encountered a freeze or an instance where the randomizer stopped around 10%, I just put out a hot fix that should fix the issue. I updated the main post with the patched version, so give that one a try and see how things go.

Edited by thane98

For anyone who encountered a freeze or an instance where the randomizer stopped around 10%, I just put out a hot fix that should fix the issue. I updated the main post with the patched version, so give that one a try and see how things go.

Whoo hoo!

That looks like the same issue we were having. Gonna try it out in a bit.

Posted · Hidden by eclipse, January 13, 2017 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, January 13, 2017 - No reason given

Okay, I have been at this for 12 hours now, and I have gotten the files randomized, recompressed, etc., BUT I STILL CANNOT GET THIS TO LOAD IN THE GAME ;~; Idk what I am doing wrong at this point. I had to use some work arounds because braindump and Hans red screen and never work for me :P. I'm going to explain exactly what I did, someone PLEASE let me know if anything I have done wont work even if I try XD. So, because braindump doesnt work, i downloaded an iso of the EUR Special Edition, decrypted it in decrypt9, opened it with the HackingToolKit 3ds software to get the romfs folder, got the necessary files for the randomizer to work, uncompressed them with FEAT, changed the file names from "@U" to "@E" so the randomizer would run, ran the randomizer, changed the names back, recompressed in FEAT, downloaded the Same-Sex patch, copied the fefatesSE and plugin folder contents to the root of my sd, deleted the contents of fefatesSE because I didnt want the patch, and copied the randomized files to the fefatesSE folder. While this was going on, I downloaded the EUR Special Edition on the 3ds, along with the dlc. Also, because did not work, I installed NTR, and used 3.4 to supposedly make sure the randomizer would work. It says that it was successful and boots me to the home menu. I open up Fates, start a new game, annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd nothing ;~;,,,,,, Let me know if anything in this setup is wrong, I have to get some sleep :P

Okay, I have been at this for 12 hours now, and I have gotten the files randomized, recompressed, etc., BUT I STILL CANNOT GET THIS TO LOAD IN THE GAME ;~; Idk what I am doing wrong at this point. I had to use some work arounds because braindump and Hans red screen and never work for me :P. I'm going to explain exactly what I did, someone PLEASE let me know if anything I have done wont work even if I try XD. So, because braindump doesnt work, i downloaded an iso of the EUR Special Edition, decrypted it in decrypt9, opened it with the HackingToolKit 3ds software to get the romfs folder, got the necessary files for the randomizer to work, uncompressed them with FEAT, changed the file names from "@U" to "@E" so the randomizer would run, ran the randomizer, changed the names back, recompressed in FEAT, downloaded the Same-Sex patch, copied the fefatesSE and plugin folder contents to the root of my sd, deleted the contents of fefatesSE because I didnt want the patch, and copied the randomized files to the fefatesSE folder. While this was going on, I downloaded the EUR Special Edition on the 3ds, along with the dlc. Also, because did not work, I installed NTR, and used 3.4 to supposedly make sure the randomizer would work. It says that it was successful and boots me to the home menu. I open up Fates, start a new game, annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd nothing ;~;,,,,,, Let me know if anything in this setup is wrong, I have to get some sleep :P

Is it possible to get a step-by-step video tutorial? That would be awesome because I really want this.

I don't plan on making a video tutorial, though if I see a good one I'll add it to the main post.

So you ran NTR and then started Fates. Did your screen flash green when Fates started up? If not, then the plugin didn't start up correctly. If that's the case, make sure that you're running the correct version of Fates for your plugin. If the screen did flash green at startup then, you might not have the folders in the correct place inside the plugin folder.

So I downloaded everything, but I can't see any (might be blind) that points to a rom or what i gotta use the randomizer on. Can you point me towards a rom that would work with this randomizer? I would be super grateful for anything regarding this, as I'm new to ROM's and using programs like these randomizers.

hmmm, I didnt see a green flash when I started Fates. When you say correct version, do you mean the correct region, because if so then I do have the same version on everything.

For NTR to work, both the region and game version have to match up with the region and game version the plugin is looking for. So if you want to play on the European Special Edition, you have to use the plugin for that version and run that specific version of Fates on your 3DS. If your installed version of Fates isn't the European Special Edition, NTR won't run because it thinks you're playing a different game. If that's the case, you'll need to take your copy of the special edition, install it through FBI, and run that version of the game (after running NTR first, of course).

Gotcha, I definitely downloaded the EUR version for everything, that much im sure of xD. I could always try and use the rom i got on the computer, but how would I go about installing that onto the 3ds? Just got hacked 3ds about a month ago, so im still kinda learning things as I go :P

Gotcha, I definitely downloaded the EUR version for everything, that much im sure of xD. I could always try and use the rom i got on the computer, but how would I go about installing that onto the 3ds? Just got hacked 3ds about a month ago, so im still kinda learning things as I go :P

If it's in CIA format you can install it on your 3DS using FBI. If it's not, you'll need to find something to convert your format to CIA. Edited by thane98

THAT'S ENOUGH.

Do NOT ask for ROMs. Do not ask where to find them. Do not ask anyone to provide them to you.

While this patch looks amazing, I don't feel comfortable enough with 3DS hacking in general to try it. Thanks for providing the patch, and for keeping up with all the troubleshooting! If 3DS emulation becomes as easy as GBA emulation, I might try this one day.

THAT'S ENOUGH.Do NOT ask for ROMs. Do not ask where to find them. Do not ask anyone to provide them to you.While this patch looks amazing, I don't feel comfortable enough with 3DS hacking in general to try it. Thanks for providing the patch, and for keeping up with all the troubleshooting! If 3DS emulation becomes as easy as GBA emulation, I might try this one day.

Sorry, things clearly got a little out of hand. I don't intend to break any rules with regards to ROMs, and I will not allow anything that could violate those rules to develop in this thread in the future.

Sorry, things clearly got a little out of hand. I don't intend to break any rules with regards to ROMs, and I will not allow anything that could violate those rules to develop in this thread in the future.

It's not your fault at all. It's the responsibility of every single person to read the Code of Conduct. For whatever reason, this thread attracted multiple people who didn't read the "DO NOT ASK FOR ROMS" part. Or they forgot it, but there's nothing you can do about that.