Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

thane98

Randomizer says that it can't find @E in m folder

D:

Are you using the European version of Fates? If so, go through everything inside the "m" folder and rename anything named @U to @E. Randomize your game, then rename them back to @U when you're done.

I should have support for the European folder structure in the next update so that you no longer have to do this.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you using the European version of Fates? If so, go through everything inside the "m" folder and rename anything named @U to @E. Randomize your game, then rename them back to @U when you're done.

I should have support for the European folder structure in the next update so that you no longer have to do this.

i'll try, if it works i'll send you some pizza and spaghetti from italy

Okay, so I've been trying this out for a bit, and I've come to the step where I'm suppose to boot up the randomizer itself... It says that all the files are verified, and the blue bar seems filled, but... That's it. Nothing happens.

Even stranger is the fact that I tried the same with an older version of the program, and it worked just fine. So,. honestly, I'm just confused right now...

Okay, so I've been trying this out for a bit, and I've come to the step where I'm suppose to boot up the randomizer itself... It says that all the files are verified, and the blue bar seems filled, but... That's it. Nothing happens.

Even stranger is the fact that I tried the same with an older version of the program, and it worked just fine. So,. honestly, I'm just confused right now...

Install the latest updates for Java. Beta 4 of the randomizer uses some stuff from those updates in the options window, so if you don't have an up to date version of Java, the options window will fail to open.

Install the latest updates for Java. Beta 4 of the randomizer uses some stuff from those updates in the options window, so if you don't have an up to date version of Java, the options window will fail to open.

Well, things have come further along now! ...Into yet another obstacle. So now I've done all of the HANS jazz on the 3DS itself, fixed with the options and all of that, but now I'm met by a black screen.

Well, things have come further along now! ...Into yet another obstacle. So now I've done all of the HANS jazz on the 3DS itself, fixed with the options and all of that, but now I'm met by a black screen.

So where does the black screen occur? Is it when launching HANS itself or when you try to start Fates through HANS?

On 1/15/2017 at 4:09 PM, MajesticHentaiSenpai said:

So where does the black screen occur? Is it when launching HANS itself or when you try to start Fates through HANS?

It's when I try launching the game through HANS.

Are you using a digital version of Fates? That might explain the issue as homebrew programs don't handle Fates well. Whether or not they work with Fates seems to vary from person to person.

6 minutes ago, thane98 said:

Are you using a digital version of Fates? That might explain the issue as homebrew programs don't handle Fates well. Whether or not they work with Fates seems to vary from person to person.

Well, the version I'm trying to randomize is Birthright, which I got a physical copy of - it's Conquest and Revelations that I have digitally.

8 hours ago, MajesticHentaiSenpai said:

Well, the version I'm trying to randomize is Birthright, which I got a physical copy of - it's Conquest and Revelations that I have digitally.

So to clarify, you're having an issue when trying to open HANS through the homebrew launcher with Fates selected, right? If that's the case, my only suggestion would be to try setting up custom firmware and running the patch through NTR instead since that would avoid the issues with HANS.

If the crash occurs after starting HANS when trying to launch Fates with your randomized romfs, then the issue might be a bit more complicated.

I wish there was a video showcasing how you get this to work, i dont want to attempt it myself and mess something up baddly. i learn by example then by words...

its also more complex since i hear having digital fates makes things harder.

17 hours ago, thane98 said:

So to clarify, you're having an issue when trying to open HANS through the homebrew launcher with Fates selected, right? If that's the case, my only suggestion would be to try setting up custom firmware and running the patch through NTR instead since that would avoid the issues with HANS.

If the crash occurs after starting HANS when trying to launch Fates with your randomized romfs, then the issue might be a bit more complicated.

Alright, I'll give the NTR method out - even if it seems more...intimidating. Wish me luck.

I was wondering if you could help me with my problem? I got everything working (after dealing with hans most of the time ugh) and the game will launch now but the randomizer stuff isn't working. I did select yes to run romfs off my sd and it is the edited version. no invaild error or anything like that. All the characters and classes are normal. I started on normal/causal just to it out and did it through new game, not the choice or a current save. I've tried it many times but it isn't working. is it that HANS for some reason is loading from the cart and not the sd even though I'm telling it to?

13 hours ago, chaoz2343 said:

I was wondering if you could help me with my problem? I got everything working (after dealing with hans most of the time ugh) and the game will launch now but the randomizer stuff isn't working. I did select yes to run romfs off my sd and it is the edited version. no invaild error or anything like that. All the characters and classes are normal. I started on normal/causal just to it out and did it through new game, not the choice or a current save. I've tried it many times but it isn't working. is it that HANS for some reason is loading from the cart and not the sd even though I'm telling it to?

Did you make sure to recompress your files before adding them to your romfs?

36 minutes ago, thane98 said:

Did you make sure to recompress your files before adding them to your romfs?

sorry! wasn't able to reply on mobile. Yes I recompressed them then put them in with the original folder (merging and replacing when asked) then I rebuilt it as a romfs file and put it in the HANS folder with the last 8 digits of the dump as the name. I selected yes for romfs SD and it didn't say it was invalid. I've tried both having region as USA and -- (language was always --) but it still didn't work. The game loads and works like it should but nothing is changed other than "no" being there for accepting your name or wanting notifcitaions on things. (might be like that normally, don't remember)

Okay so now I also got NTR and tried it this way, everything in place. i boot up NTR then when its done go to my games, I do get a flash of green screen but nothing is changed still. and I doing something wrong with the editor? I click all the options I want then click randomize and wait for the bar to be fully blue and by optional characters it says "completed!" and I doing something wrong here? I'll add a photo.

problem.PNG

oh...never mind!!!! I'm a dummy, I think the problem is I'm doing this ON conquest, so the Birthright characters don't change right? I did from "choose your fate" one time and only they where changed... sorry for being dumb. I'll play through a new save.

I am so annoyed with this program! I followed the instructions perfectly and when i boot up HANS I type in the options and when it starts up i get a black screen. Ive redumped it and went through the entire process 3 times! I need someone to help or direct me to someone who can help, PLEASE!

13 hours ago, chaoz2343 said:

Yeah, I didn't realize it only took from the pool of characters from the verison you pick. I know you said it doesn't play well but could I dump Rev to get all the characters or is that only possible with the special edition?

If you're on CFW, using the special edition is probably the easier solution for Fates hacks. Rebuilding DLC is a complex and tedious process to go through. I don't have any sort of concrete instructions on dumping, extracting, and rebuilding the DLC, but this post can probably help you with the rebuilding process.

7 hours ago, Marfy said:

I am so annoyed with this program! I followed the instructions perfectly and when i boot up HANS I type in the options and when it starts up i get a black screen. Ive redumped it and went through the entire process 3 times! I need someone to help or direct me to someone who can help, PLEASE!

No need to redump the game multiple times as long as you back up your first. As far as fixing the black screen goes, I need a few more details. Are you on a digital copy of Fates? Did you make sure to leave all content from the original game inside of the romfs, or did you only rebuild it from the randomizer files? Did you recompress your randomized files before adding them back to the romfs?