Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

thane98

I have another problem now :C
Once I put my new files in the folder(called with the last 8 letters of the rom, just to remember) with ALL the other files and i open ROMFS builder, it creates a file PIY called |  ycy0fihr.piy  | and the romfbuilder says:

Immagine.png

Edited by Ξ Azazeal Ξ

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, RxEntry said:

Hi everyone, I need help! I've do all of the stuff for randomize the three paths of the digital rom of the eu special edition and launch the game with hans and the game all randomize but JUST the dialogue box isn't randomize and the voices for the dialogue instn't randomize too! Can someone help me for my problem? Also, on the first battle, Hinoka is replaces by Felicia but on the map, she's replace by Nyx, it's very strange!

Just sorry for my english, I'm french.

To randomize the dialogue boxes and voices you need to have models, and voices checked as showed here:

sd4Ezqa.png

It also wouldn't hurt to enable cut scenes, I think.

4 hours ago, Ξ Azazeal Ξ said:

I have another problem now :C
Once I put my new files in the folder(called with the last 8 letters of the rom, just to remember) with ALL the other files and i open ROMFS builder, it creates a file PIY called |  ycy0fihr.piy  | and the romfbuilder says:

Immagine.png

The piy file is a temporary file that Romfs builder creates to...  do something..? Don't mess with it, it will delete itself once RomFS finishes (If RomFS crashes it won't delete itselft, but at that point it's not important anymore). When RomFS says 'Prompting to save' a new windows should pop up asking what you would like to save it as (Most people save it as romfs.bin, though I'm not sure it's necessary, it wouldn't hurt). If the window isn't apppearing I'm not quite sure how to help you. Maybe try running it again?

I'm trying to run this with a Conquest cart using Homebrew and Unassuming Venausaur's Gay Expansion, but it never completely randomises for me. It only randomises the Nohrian units, and it never changes their classes, only the unit. So say if Laslow became Leo, Laslow would replace Leo completely. Also when I view the character info it doesn't change, and in the chapters the "units" are still the same, so the only thing that changes is their name and portrait in the dialogue boxes, and the models in certain cutscenes. Some characters aren't even randomised at all. Is there any way to fix this?

1 hour ago, himeki said:

I'm trying to run this with a Conquest cart using Homebrew and Unassuming Venausaur's Gay Expansion, but it never completely randomises for me. It only randomises the Nohrian units, and it never changes their classes, only the unit. So say if Laslow became Leo, Laslow would replace Leo completely. Also when I view the character info it doesn't change, and in the chapters the "units" are still the same, so the only thing that changes is their name and portrait in the dialogue boxes, and the models in certain cutscenes. Some characters aren't even randomised at all. Is there any way to fix this?

What options do you have checked on the Fates Randomizer?

So I just installed everything needed and followed the directions to the line. I'm using Hans on the Homebrew launcher, and I have everything up to date. I've renamed the file to exactly what it needs to be. However, everytime I click launch, it freezes on the line "prepared to run loader." I'm using the digital copy of Birthright for this, and someone verified that it worked for them, but it won't work for me? Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

5 hours ago, himeki said:

I checked everything ? Wasn't sure what each one did so I just hit them all, haha

Can you grab a screenshot of your randomization options?

I did this randomizer, and I didn't like it, so I deleted the save file. I restarted the 3ds and did a vanilla Revelations playthrough, and then Sakura and Hana came with their skills from the randomizer and Hana was the same class as her in the randomizer. Gunter also can't support with anyone either. I have already tried restarting the save file, and I got the same results. Can someone help me?

IMG_20170225_230501.jpg

IMG_20170225_230508.jpg

Edited by Teknoblade
More details

18 hours ago, himeki said:

The randomizer only randomizes playable units in a path. So for Conquest, only characters recruitable in Conquest are randomized.

If there aren't any reclasses or swapped units on maps, then something's off with the GameData files. Normally, I'd attribute the lack of reclasses to something like the randomizer and the Same-Sex patch not playing well together. However, if swapped units aren't showing up on the maps, then the issue probably isn't related to using both hacks. Just to verify, you decompressed every file in the Same-Sex patch, added them to the files you wanted to randomize, randomized and then recompressed them, and then added every file to your HANS ROM or NTR patch, right? It honestly sounds like the GameData files were never included in your ROM/patch from a quick glance.

10 hours ago, Teknoblade said:

snip

The randomizer has to modify a file used across all 3 paths for things like skills and classes. If you don't want to use the randomizer, either run your game without HANS/NTR or replace/remove the files that the randomizer modified depending on if you're using HANS or NTR.

40 minutes ago, thane98 said:

The randomizer has to modify a file used across all 3 paths for things like skills and classes. If you don't want to use the randomizer, either run your game without HANS/NTR or replace/remove the files that the randomizer modified depending on if you're using HANS or NTR.

Ok, but the only problem is I deleted the save and made sure that NTR was disabled. Should I delete the files even though I dont think they are being touched?

Edit: I should also mention that Sakura got the skills she learned in the randomizer save, not just the skills she started with.

Edit 2: Every other character seems normal except for the fact that Gunter can't support with anyone (His button in the support menu is just like if he was an Amiibo)

Edited by Teknoblade

12 minutes ago, Teknoblade said:

Ok, but the only problem is I deleted the save and made sure that NTR was disabled. Should I delete the files even though I dont think they are being touched?

Edit: I should also mention that Sakura got the skills she learned in the randomizer save, not just the skills she started with.

You could do that, but it might be something else. Did you start the vanilla save from the branch of fate? If you played up to chapter 6 on the randomizer save and then started the Revelation save from the branch of fate, that might explain the oddities.

The randomizer only touches ROM files, so if NTR is off, the only thing that could cause issues like that is save data.

Edited by thane98

2 minutes ago, thane98 said:

You could do that, but it might be something else. Did you start the vanilla save from the branch of fate? If you played up to chapter 6 on the randomizer save and then started the Revelation save from the branch of fate, that might explain the oddities.

The randomizer only touches ROM files, so if NTR is off, the only thing that could cause issues like that is save data.

Actually, I did start from the branch of fate, do I need to start from the beginning? That would be a pain.

Just now, Teknoblade said:

Actually, I did start from the branch of fate, do I need to start from the beginning? That would be a pain.

Probably, but I don't know for sure. That's the only thing I can think of that would cause characters to have different skills like in your screenshots on a vanilla game.

Just now, thane98 said:

Probably, but I don't know for sure. That's the only thing I can think of that would cause characters to have different skills like in your screenshots on a vanilla game.

Ok, but why does Gunter not support with anybody? He's like an Amiibo

I have an another problem.

When I add the GameData from the Gay Hacks, the personal skills of every of the characters I have turn into their original one. Same for their classes. What should I do ? I can't play with the Gay Hacks... and actually, Ike can have a child.

11 minutes ago, Pearl said:

I have an another problem.

When I add the GameData from the Gay Hacks, the personal skills of every of the characters I have turn into their original one. Same for their classes. What should I do ? I can't play with the Gay Hacks... and actually, Ike can have a child.

How did you go about adding the GameData file to your patch? Did you decompress it and add it to your files before randomizing, or add it in afterwards? If you try to apply the Same-Sex patch after randomizing, the reclasses and skills will be overwritten.

7 minutes ago, thane98 said:

How did you go about adding the GameData file to your patch? Did you decompress it and add it to your files before randomizing, or add it in afterwards? If you try to apply the Same-Sex patch after randomizing, the reclasses and skills will be overwritten.

So I have to restart ?

19 minutes ago, Pearl said:

So I have to restart ?

If you didn't use the GameData.bin file from the Same-Sex patch from the beginning, you will need to restart in order to use both hacks at the same time. Make sure to decompress the Same-Sex patch's GameData.bin file and add it to the randomizer files before randomizing.

So I've been playing with the randomizer the past couple of days, and I have to say great work. My only problem is that the divine weapons still can only be used by their original owner. For example, Leo replaced Xander, but not only can he not use Siegfried, but Siegfried got replaced with a Sunrise Katana in Ch. 6 and a Dual Katana in Ch. 16 of Conquest, I had to hack in Siegfried to test it. Leo can still use Brynhildr (once again, I hacked it in to test it), but not Marth, who replaced him. Is this supposed to be able to happen, or is there some option I clicked that did this?

2 minutes ago, Leonarth said:

So I've been playing with the randomizer the past couple of days, and I have to say great work. My only problem is that the divine weapons still can only be used by their original owner. For example, Leo replaced Xander, but not only can he not use Siegfried, but Siegfried got replaced with a Sunrise Katana in Ch. 6 and a Dual Katana in Ch. 16 of Conquest, I had to hack in Siegfried to test it. Leo can still use Brynhildr (once again, I hacked it in to test it), but not Marth, who replaced him. Is this supposed to be able to happen, or is there some option I clicked that did this?

The randomizer doesn't handle the divine weapons at all currently. I'll probably have them implemented in the next version.