Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

thane98

Really bummed right now. After over 5 hours of my time working on this , as soon as I start it, a white bar and some colored pixels appear and it freezes. I would add a picture but it doesn't seem to wanna upload right now. I used HANS and a physical Birthright. Not sure what's wrong since I did everything the correct way though :/

EDIT: I got it to work finally, don't know if it's just random but I think it was because I downloaded the randomizer again. Now I just have to fix script errors and I can finally play :)

Edited by Milarion
Problem fixed

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the output txt it says Charlotte replaced Hayato in C9. I did face charlotte in battle but the one joined my party is not Charlotte but basic Hayato, like, not even the randomized one. Why o.O

Edited by whiteparadix

On 3/6/2017 at 3:54 PM, Milarion said:

Really bummed right now. After over 5 hours of my time working on this , as soon as I start it, a white bar and some colored pixels appear and it freezes. I would add a picture but it doesn't seem to wanna upload right now. I used HANS and a physical Birthright. Not sure what's wrong since I did everything the correct way though :/

I also seem to have this problem 

So I have an issue with the game after i randomize it and such. Everything works fine but when I get into a game some models don't match out to the dialogue that's being shown. Also, the no option for when a yes or no option appears, is just blank. Have any idea on what an issue can be? I am using Gay Fates as well, but I've uncompressed and re-compressed as you've said to do before hand.  

Soooo... i am sitting here for at least 3 hours straight and now im stuck at the randomizer wich wont open the window after ´open and verify´ and i updated Java and redownloaded the randomizer... maybe ist the pc im using so i´ll try tommorrow on a different one but if u have any suggestions. in the end it was a simple mistake because i renamed the spripts folder into script and that caused the problem

Edited by Adalbert Schwafel

I have a small issue I'm trying to deal with. The jar won't recognize X003.bin no matter how many times I  replace it or try to verify it. I originally had problems with Gamedata.bin but I fixed that due to it being corrupted for some reason. Then Join.txt was giving me a hard time but I fixed that also. For some reason X003 is being stubborn. The code seems to be fine however the jar won't acknowledge that it exists.  I don't think it's a part on my own romfs. I just recently redumped my game and tried to verify only to receive the same message.  Any advice?

On 10.3.2017 at 5:31 PM, HealsNFeels said:

So I have an issue with the game after i randomize it and such. Everything works fine but when I get into a game some models don't match out to the dialogue that's being shown. Also, the no option for when a yes or no option appears, is just blank. Have any idea on what an issue can be? I am using Gay Fates as well, but I've uncompressed and re-compressed as you've said to do before hand.  

its the same thing for me but it works besides that

I have the US version btw.  My dumping tool is up to date as I've just recently re downloaded it just to be sure.  After spending an hour or so working on it I'm not going anywhere fast I decided to see if a random folder save would work with it. I dumped a save from a friends 3ds who had braindump and fire emblem.(He does not randomize his game) Turns out,  X003.bin is that little tip of the splinter that breaks off and stays inside of you for the rest of your life because the jar isn't taking it even though it's not my files it's working with. I'm going to try to re download the randomizer and see if maybe it's an issue with the jar itself. I'll post again if it fails but  if you don't hear back from me within a week assume I am either dead or was successful in my endeavors. 

chapter 9 of conquest (fates special edition) : the game crashes every time when i talk to my nyx replacement (azura). I did everything according to the troubleshooting guide... The game is in a playable state right now its just that i cant recruit nyx...

Edited by Adalbert Schwafel

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2017 at 10:00 PM, Adalbert Schwafel said:

chapter 9 of conquest (fates special edition) : the game crashes every time when i talk to my nyx replacement (azura). I did everything according to the troubleshooting guide... The game is in a playable state right now its just that i cant recruit nyx...

this is also happening to me

I'm confused. I'm at the part where I need to set up a storage folder. It says I need to copy files from my rom's GameData folder, but the folder is nowhere to be found. Here's what I see in my rom folder:

• shaders
  • sound
  • debug_text_LZ.bin.lz
  • dlplay_LZ.bin.lz

Is this the wrong folder?

7 hours ago, Noob135792468 said:

I'm confused. I'm at the part where I need to set up a storage folder. It says I need to copy files from my rom's GameData folder, but the folder is nowhere to be found. Here's what I see in my rom folder:

• shaders
  • sound
  • debug_text_LZ.bin.lz
  • dlplay_LZ.bin.lz

Is this the wrong folder?

That output occurs when you dump without Braindump's XML file. You can get the XML from the download link for Braindump in the main post. Place it in the same directory as the .3dsx on your SD card and run Braindump again. A correct dump of your romfs should be around 1.7 GB, so if it's not, something's wrong.

4 hours ago, thane98 said:

That output occurs when you dump without Braindump's XML file. You can get the XML from the download link for Braindump in the main post. Place it in the same directory as the .3dsx on your SD card and run Braindump again. A correct dump of your romfs should be around 1.7 GB, so if it's not, something's wrong.

It works! thanks. (Not at the step I'm at now.)

Edit: I'm finally at the point where I try to launch the game through HANS, but when I set the romfs to load from the sd card, it says that the romfs path is invalid. If I launch it without changing the settings it won't be randomized, and if I launch it loading from the sd card it will crash and sometimes say "ballin"

Edited by Noob135792468
I don't want to double post

so uhh, I assume I followed everything correctly because I can't find a step I didn't do, but when I try to run the romfs file through HANS it's just left with a black screen after the screen glitches out a little?

I'm not entirely sure what I did wrong but I'm assuming there's a file or something I've missed when following the instructions both times;;;;;
I'm sorry, I've never had experience in doing this kind of thing before ahahahahhh;;;;;

Edit: Nevermind! I'm not entirely sure what I missed but upon going through the process a third time it works ok now! (Though the buttons that usually show 'No' in a choice don't show any text at all, but they seem to still work, thankfully)
While I'm here, I'm sure someone has already pointed this out before so ignore me if it has, but I'm certain the reason Leo's model in Chapter 2 is messed up because there is actually a different model (or at least a changed texture idk) to show that he was indeed wearing his collar inside out. I have no idea how you'd go about that tho :V

Edited by ShadowLink720
resolved problem

hey so, i'm really unsure what i'm doing wrong here. i can randomize everything just fine and the game starts up ok, but as soon as i get to character creation the screen turns black. it works fine if i don't have the romfs on, but when i turn them on, the problem starts. i've gone through the whole process at least 4 times, i've tried redumping my game and extracting it again, i've tried using different settings on hans and in the game, but i cant figure it out? 

On ‎05‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 11:11 PM, gamerphobe said:

hey so, i'm really unsure what i'm doing wrong here. i can randomize everything just fine and the game starts up ok, but as soon as i get to character creation the screen turns black. it works fine if i don't have the romfs on, but when i turn them on, the problem starts. i've gone through the whole process at least 4 times, i've tried redumping my game and extracting it again, i've tried using different settings on hans and in the game, but i cant figure it out? 

did you start a new game or did you choose branch of fate ?

20 hours ago, Adalbert Schwafel said:

did you start a new game or did you choose branch of fate ?

i did new game, and i tried branch of fates, but it didnt work, either. however, i think it mightve been something with the dumping. im gonna try to dump it again and ill report back because i know someone else hda this problem earlier

EDIT: it seems everytime i fix a problem a new one appears. i've managed to redump the game, but now whenever i try to load up the game through hans, it freezes. i can pick the game and change the settings but i cant get past that. does anyone know how to fix this?

Edited by gamerphobe

[Update] I left DLC characters unchecked in the randomizer, started a new Birthright file and it seems to have solved the weapon and model issues so far. 

Let me start off by saying thank you to OP (thane98). This randomizer is really neat! However I'm noticing some things that are specific issues in Birthright and one of them broke the game and I can't progress. I felt like I should share what I've found.

I'll also share my settings

Homebrewed old 3DS XL

USA Fire Emblem Birthright Cartridge

Using NTR 3.4 to patch the Randomized content in

The randomizer and repacking, homebrew etc. All works fine

DLC Classes Enabled

DLC Characters enabled (I feel like this is the part that's causing the crashes)

Started a brand new clean file (No branch of fate)

Chose "Defend Hoshido"

Difficulty: Normal

Mode: Casual

Chapters 1-6

Model Issues, No swaps

One of the first things I noticed is that the models for the story cutscenes in birthright don't match the characters they're supposed to be in the randomizer. The 2D portraits and names in the dialogue change but not the models which is sad.

I watched a video of a randomized Conquest run. Elise had taken Xander's place but she had Siegfried. Did I do something wrong?

A Rocky Start

This one isn't a huge deal, mostly listing this as a fun worst-case-scenario (and yes I know this is randomized, I will reset) but it's unfortunate that I ended up with a Hoshidan royal family/ team that is almost all Diviners with horrible weapons (Fire and Ember) save for "Ryoma" who was a Nohr Noble with an Axe Splitter (Bad) in Chapter 1 and then a Sunrise Katana (Still Bad) in chapter 6 

Family/ Units as of Chapter 6

Sakura >>> Marth (Diviner)

Takumi >>> Reina (Fighter)

Hinoka >>> Hinoka (Diviner)

Ryoma >>> Azama (Nohr Noble)

Felicia >>> Hana (Berserker)

Azura >>> Scarlet (Diviner)

This is where the real problem is, no divine weapon was given to "Ryoma". Xander annihilates every Axe/Club and even Magic user I have in chapter 6. "Ryoma" stood almost no chance without the Raijinto meaning I barely scraped by and it took multiple attempts and luck, even on Normal difficulty.

Chapter 10 "Takumi"

Luckily you don't need "Azura" on the map to recruit him as he joins at the end of the chapter regardless of whether she talks to him or not.

Chapter 11 "Reina"

In Reina's recruitment chapter she was swapped with Silas (He is Great Master) This is a problem. Silas spawned off the side of the boat and is unreachable unless your MU is a flyer (You cannot fly off the boat with another unit and swith to MU) and if I didn't have/ win/ open a treasure chest for a Rescue, he would have been left behind and there'd be no way to recruit him. I think whoever appears in Reina's place in chapter 11 should be reclassed to a flier (Wyvern Lord, Kinshi Knight, Falcon Knight or Dark Flyer (If DLC Class enabled)) to avoid this.

Hero Battle

Robin's crashes the game immediately... 

Everyone else's either works or crashes seemingly at random.

Chapter 13 Crash

I visited one of the houses and a villager boy inside told me that "Robin is the leader of the resistance" this means Robin took Scarlet's place via the randomizer. I have Scarlet on my team already, she is Azura's swap. After I beat the chapter it goes into the Camilla/ everyone dialogue, Ryoma stops Hans but right as he's about to reveal himself the game crashed. I also know this is when Robin would have revealed himself as well. It seems that the game is unstable when trying to call on Robin specifically. I have Ike, Marth and Lucina on my team already and had no issues with them. I can't progress past Chapter 13 in Birthright using the randomizer and most things up to that point were a major struggle. Yes, I tried skipping the cutscene, it didn't work, still crashes.

[Update] Chapter 11 Crash

My 2nd run (with new randomizations, DLC Characters unchecked) now crashes in turn 2 of chapter 11 when whoever takes Reina's place is supposed to be loaded. I can't see who it is because it crashes on the very first frame of the scene. I am also getting official 3DS firmware update nags and I'm worried.

Edited by SankaTetsuYumi
New crash problem

Pardon me for being so late. But I'm so close, when I go to decompress everything in FEAT, one file fails every time and an error message appears "unable to decompress automatically". The file is CY02.bin.lz  in the person folder. What can I do about this

EDIT: turns out the CY02 file didnt matter and after many tries the game finally is running without a hitch. Many thanks to the creator of this tool and this guide, i will report any bugs here if i encounter any

Edited by Vintendo
I figured out the solution to my original question but now I have a new one