Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

thane98

Ok so I need some help. I can open the randomizer just fine but when I hit randomize the bar doesn't move. I even let the program run overnight and the bar still had not moved. Any tips would be very helpful.

EDIT: For some reason when I tried to close the program the bar maxed out and the game randomized. Don't know why but, I'm not complaining. 

Edited by Drqon

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in case anyone's wondering, the randomizer isn't dead. I'm currently in the middle of rewriting everything from the ground up to make randomizing your game a lot less painful. With the new version, all you have to do is extract your romfs and select the directory in the randomizer - the program will handle the rest. No decompressing and compressing files with FEAT, no creating a separate patch folder beforehand.

The rewrite's also bringing a lot of additional features and customization. As far as new features go, the program can now randomize chest items and the player's starting class. You can choose which characters, classes, skills, and items are included in the pool. To top it all off, I'm addressing some shortcomings of the original version of the randomizer. Bitflags are now patched so that the royals' replacements can wield the divine weapons and activate dragon veins. I'm attempting to address all of the reported bugs and crashes, though I'm not sure about how many of those I can fix since most of them are because of the game being picky with setups on certain maps.

There's also a good chance for the randomizer to get Awakening support as well. Most of the code for editing Awakening's files is done, so it's just a matter of creating the randomizer itself and making sure that a randomized Awakening can be played without crashing every chapter. SoV support may come in the future, but I'm still not sure how I want to deal with changing the join order and fully-voiced dialogue.

If you want to follow the progress on the next rendition of the randomizer, the code can be found on github.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible for someone to send me a simple save file with the randomizer applied to it? I can't get homebrew but using powersaves, I may be able to upload a save file with the randomizer on to my 3ds

On 8/10/2017 at 0:06 AM, MoLaDaT said:

Is it possible for someone to send me a simple save file with the randomizer applied to it? I can't get homebrew but using powersaves, I may be able to upload a save file with the randomizer on to my 3ds

With the way the randomizer works, a save wouldn't work. The only way to get the effects in game is to play using randomized ROM files.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28.7.2017 at 4:49 AM, thane98 said:

Just in case anyone's wondering, the randomizer isn't dead. I'm currently in the middle of rewriting everything from the ground up to make randomizing your game a lot less painful. With the new version, all you have to do is extract your romfs and select the directory in the randomizer - the program will handle the rest. No decompressing and compressing files with FEAT, no creating a separate patch folder beforehand.

The rewrite's also bringing a lot of additional features and customization. As far as new features go, the program can now randomize chest items and the player's starting class. You can choose which characters, classes, skills, and items are included in the pool. To top it all off, I'm addressing some shortcomings of the original version of the randomizer. Bitflags are now patched so that the royals' replacements can wield the divine weapons and activate dragon veins. I'm attempting to address all of the reported bugs and crashes, though I'm not sure about how many of those I can fix since most of them are because of the game being picky with setups on certain maps.

There's also a good chance for the randomizer to get Awakening support as well. Most of the code for editing Awakening's files is done, so it's just a matter of creating the randomizer itself and making sure that a randomized Awakening can be played without crashing every chapter. SoV support may come in the future, but I'm still not sure how I want to deal with changing the join order and fully-voiced dialogue.

If you want to follow the progress on the next rendition of the randomizer, the code can be found on github.

OMG what a message. !Awakening support! Thank you for your great work on this Randomizer it is so much fun! Thumbs up all the way.

• 2 months later...
On 11/9/2017 at 9:31 PM, woAw said:

Hey I'm probably really late for this but is there a way this could work on Citra?

My 3ds can't install soundhax since it's version 11.6

It should be possible to run on Citra. You can unpack the rom with HackingToolkit3DS, which will create the files necessary for following the randomizer's instructions. After you're done randomizing, you just gotta replace the old files with the new ones and then rebuild the rom.

5 hours ago, captiankatsura said:

It should be possible to run on Citra. You can unpack the rom with HackingToolkit3DS, which will create the files necessary for following the randomizer's instructions. After you're done randomizing, you just gotta replace the old files with the new ones and then rebuild the rom.

Wait, when I extract the .3ds file, where do the files that were extracted go?
Unless I'm doing something wrong, which would make sense.

On 11/11/2017 at 11:24 PM, woAw said:

Wait, when I extract the .3ds file, where do the files that were extracted go?
Unless I'm doing something wrong, which would make sense.

They should appear as a bunch of folders that start with "extracted" in the same folder as the toolkit and the rom. Though if you have the wrong version of packhack it won't create any folders for some reason. (I don't know how to get the right version, I had a friend help me with that)

23 hours ago, captiankatsura said:

They should appear as a bunch of folders that start with "extracted" in the same folder as the toolkit and the rom. Though if you have the wrong version of packhack it won't create any folders for some reason. (I don't know how to get the right version, I had a friend help me with that)

I have yet another question!

When I downloaded the .zip file of the randomizer, Fates-randomizer.jar isn't there. 

What do I do?

• 2 weeks later...

So I've managed to patch my game and all my new join units are randomized. The only problem I'm  having is when they join with incompatible items. I heard there was a more recent fix for this (e.g. Elise joined as a Kitsune, but spawned with her base Heal/Freeze). Is it possible for her to join with a beast stone?

• 1 month later...

hi i want to get into the fire emblem hacking, but i dont know where to start from i tried to use your randomizer but i receive some crash during the prologue i used all available option in the hack but i think i need to use other tool to fix it. the problem is what tool should i use. also, i want to know if using the randomizer patch in layeredfs it works fine or should i get ntr cfw?

• 2 weeks later...

Im sorry if this has been answered before, but I have a little issue..

So when i try to talk to Allies to recruit them (Like Nyx, Keaton etc) I cant talk to them at all. Ive tried getting close with mostly every character I have except for the ones that died lol, but the option never pops up. Is there a way to fix this? Do permissions get randomized too, and ive just been unfortunate enough to have lost the characters that were able to talk to them? I really want to know if theres a fix...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New arrival. Enjoying the randomizer so far. Following a Revelations Path with my FEFates Special Edition atm ('All paths' randomize option selected in randomizer tool). Unfortunately I am continuing to crash at the conclusion of Chapter 11 immediately after the Map Clear. I believe the crash is occurring while the game tries to load the cutscenes that follow. 

I've attempted to resolve the crash with the Troubleshooting from the first post (Replacing randomized C011 files with their original ones), but the best I've managed is to complete the chapter and progress to Chapter 12 with an otherwise normal Kagero (Who should be Gunter in the random playthrough) with Draconic Heir as her personal skill and boosted stats.

While I can live without Gunter, the actual problem is that Chapter 12's characters  are not randomized at all. Camilla, Flora, Beruka and Selena are their regular unrandomized selves with normal stats, items and skills. While I can't remember who Camilla is pretending to be in the randomizer, I already have Flora from a previous chapter (Sakura). 

Essentially, I'm worried that by trying to bypass the crash I have actually turned the randomizing off somehow. 

Hopefully this crash hasn't brought an end to the random-ness. Any advice?

EDIT: Having played Chapter 12, I can add that Camilla (Izana), Flora (Takumi), Beruka (Orochoi) and Selena (Rinka) have their regular sprites, stats and classes but any dialogue with those characters on the map causes their randomized character portrait and name to appear. During the cutscenes after the battle, the sprites changed to reflect their randomized character sprites. After the battle, they appeared as randomized units as if nothing happened... Guess that's the problem solved although I have no idea why.

Edited by WickedResolve
More information

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey ^^ So I'm probably late to the party - Having a bit of trouble getting it to work. After having rebuilt the game and trying to load it, I get an error as well as sitting on a screen saying the game needs to be initialized with a hyper speed A button confirmation notice which I can't get past, mind you this is on Citra since I don't have access to CFW on my 3DS.

And so I wanted to ask, and I'm not entirely sure about the rules on this in regards to the forum, if someone had a working randomized rom that I could get my hands on?

The thing is, I think the problem might be because the .3DS file is decrypted for use on Citra, but then again, I shouldn't have been able to get to the part where you use the randomizer, right?Well, either way I'm just really hoping I can get to play a randomized game at some point, be that Conquest, Birthright or Revelations, but clearly I'm either doing something wrong, or Citra just hates me :P

So i am not the best person in helping with technical things because i myself have to get back into the randomizer. But you can get access to cfw pretty easily with this tutorial. https://3ds.hacks.guide/ Regardless of the Firmware your´re running on your 3DS. One small problem when you are running the most up to date firmware on your 3DS you'll have to pay a small amount (1,99) for an DSIware game wich enables the exploit.

2 hours ago, Adalbert Schwafel said:

So i am not the best person in helping with technical things because i myself have to get back into the randomizer. But you can get access to cfw pretty easily with this tutorial. https://3ds.hacks.guide/ Regardless of the Firmware your´re running on your 3DS. One small problem when you are running the most up to date firmware on your 3DS you'll have to pay a small amount (1,99) for an DSIware game wich enables the exploit.

Thanks, I appreciate the answer but that wasn't really what I was asking for ;)
I'm using the 3DS emulator Citra and just looking for someone who can either help me randomize the game or has an already randomized rom I could get my hands on ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I know I’m really late— I used Godmode9 to dump the game and I’m using luma to run the updated randomized Romfs files. I can load in the game and make a Corrin, but whenever i start a new game I can’t make any progress past the first Azura cutscene as I just get a black screen and it never loads. I also tried loading a file that I had gotten to chapter 3 on unrandomized to see if the prologue was the issue but it also gave me a black screen. Does anyone know what may be the issue/a solution?

Hello! I've been having a lot of fun playing with this randomizer, thank you so much for creating it! ^^ 

However, I have the Japanese Special Edition (with English patch) where Revelation is a DLC (I'm also using Luma btw). Birthright and Conquest work perfectly with the randomizer, but right after Revelation starts in Chapter 7, the characters are not randomized correctly anymore. Gunther will join when he's supposed to as himself, so will Sakura, Subaki etc. and their classes and skills are randomized, but the sprites and join order are not. I'm assuming this has something to do with it being DLC? Is there any way to fix this? I'd really appreciate some help and thank you again! 

• 1 month later...

I'm a bit dumb and new to this, pardon me. I know this issue has been sent before and thane98 saying GameData.bin couldn't be found but why isn't it being found? I click on the GameData folder via Open and Verify and it's not there. However, when I go to file explorer and access it, it's there. So why can't Fates Randomizer find the file?  For background information, I'm randomizing to use this with Citra but I obtained the stuff via a .cia file of the English special edition I believe. I then broke it down with HackingToolkit9DS and followed the directions for the randomizer until this problem happened.

image.thumb.png.751dafcedce3a73f126f8eead49c918d.png