Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

thane98

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Kyrumah said:

So I can't run it as admin for some reason the option is just not there so I must be doing something wrong, also just turned off everything and still doesn't work

that mean that program already run at admin, so the option dont show when u right click on it. U should reverse ur win to previous win 10 ( no update at all, like I do ). Hell, I hate win 10 so much. U are using win10 right ?

The best way is using win 7. No program problem when I use win 10.

My other option is install a mini Win7 in Boot. but u have a liitle knowledge about it I guess, So just install back to win7, I 100% certain every program will work fine.

On 1/7/2021 at 3:48 AM, Hasechi Meguhami said:

that mean that program already run at admin, so the option dont show when u right click on it. U should reverse ur win to previous win 10 ( no update at all, like I do ). Hell, I hate win 10 so much. U are using win10 right ?

The best way is using win 7. No program problem when I use win 10.

My other option is install a mini Win7 in Boot. but u have a liitle knowledge about it I guess, So just install back to win7, I 100% certain every program will work fine.

It's really weird cause I just tried it with the Fire Emblem Awakening Randomizer and it's also a Java File and I can open it just fine, I'll ask for someone else to randomize it for me then send me the files I guess

2 minutes ago, Kyrumah said:

It's really weird cause I just tried it with the Fire Emblem Awakening Randomizer and it's also a Java File and I can open it just fine, I'll ask for someone else to randomize it for me then send me the files I guess

Where you get this  Fire Emblem Awakening Randomizer ? Also I can't compress & descompress with FEAT.exe  . Could you do that with your PC ?

Ugh, I finally figure out how to fix the crashing for Revelations Chapter 10. It was so tedious figure out how to do it, but once you know what to do it is not that bad. Might be able to help others fix their crashing problem. This is only for people using CFW on their 3DS, not Citra. Crashing happenings because the randomizer is almost too good at its job. You need fe14DisposTools to do this easily without messing with a Hex Editor. Link is right here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3ea8zw1nhuq5mi5/fe14DisposTools.zip/file

Extract the files into a preferred directory and follow the instructions in the readme or follow along here: use FEAT to decompress your Randomized Dispos file (ex:C010.bin.lz), drag the decompressed file (C010.bin) to FE14DD.exe, the bin file should change to a text file (C010.txt). What this means is you can now change what Character spawns in the cutscene and what they have equipped. We want to change Leo so we need his Japanese name (レオン) to replace the randomized character's name in the text file. He appears on the last line of Support01 event in the Dispos file for C010. Change his first item to Brynhildr and his second item to Vulnerary.

It should look like this when done:

UNIT レオン Level(0,Ally) [255,255] [255,255] 4017 0 [Brynhildr,Vulnerary] [] ff7f [Everytime] [Null] [Null] [Null] 1 75 40 249 224

Save the file regularly, don't save as a different file type. Use FE14DG.exe to convert the file back to a bin file, then use FEAT to compress it. Replace it with what is on your SD card if you haven't already. I suggest you make a back up of your files (the original randomized dispos, the text file, and the new dispos file) so you can revert back if you mess up accidentally. That should solve the problem.     

I'd imagine that the other crashes have very similar fixes to them. Maybe not all of them, but if you think you understand why it is crashing than try and revert that back to vanilla using the same or similar method I did with Revelations Chapter 10, it might fix the crash. 

Edited by Skyrus456

• 2 months later...

Well, I've been having a lot of fun with my Conquest randomizer on Citra, but I got to chapter 16, and no matter what I do, the game freezes when it fades to black after the ending cutscene. Doesn't matter if I spare the Shura replacement or not, and it doesn't matter if I skip the cutscene or not, it always freezes. I looked through this entire thread and googled for a bit, and I couldn't find a single other person having an issue like this, so that sucks. And I was really enjoying my vantage bold stance onmyoji Azura.

also little stuff, Kaze, Jakob (second servant), and Gunter replacements didn't get auto-leveled when they rejoined.

I know this is known, but talking to the Nyx replacement before breaking the wall in chapter 9 freezes the game, thought at least this is avoidable by breaking the wall.

I like having supports change to match the new randomized characters, but having paralogues still tied to these random characters kind of sucks. I can never get Dwyer or Nina paralogues now, since Jakob randomized into Ike, and Niles randomized into Gunter (and I'm playing male Corrin) Not sure if this one is even possible to fix, but maybe some sort of check to make sure that all the parent characters can at least S support someone would be nice.

All my early-game units were really bad. Partially because they had terrible stats, partially because they had joke weapons. Luckily, I was able to use a save editor, or else chapter 5 and 7 would have been impossible.

Edited by Jerry311

On 4/3/2021 at 8:57 AM, Hasechi said:

@Jerry311 I played this game randomized too. Have you tried using another Citra version?  I used 1644 Canary. It  work fine

I just got that version of citra, loaded my save state from the Shura choice textbox, and the cutscene still freezes at the end. I could try replaying the whole chapter, but I kinda really don't wanna do that.

21 hours ago, Jerry311 said:

I just got that version of citra, loaded my save state from the Shura choice textbox, and the cutscene still freezes at the end. I could try replaying the whole chapter, but I kinda really don't wanna do that.

Wait what rom are you using? I'm using fire emblem revelation version. Wonder if you are using it too?

I'm having an issue where I am unable to get the .jar to work. I double click it as many times as I want, and nothing happens, and have tried before doing the FEAT decompression and after, both with it open and closed, but nothing is happening. Would anyone be able to offer me some insight?

5 hours ago, Gray_GameMaster said:

I'm having an issue where I am unable to get the .jar to work. I double click it as many times as I want, and nothing happens, and have tried before doing the FEAT decompression and after, both with it open and closed, but nothing is happening. Would anyone be able to offer me some insight?

Do you have Java Runtime Environment? You can't run .jar files to work without it.

3 minutes ago, Gray_GameMaster said:

Indeed I do. My friend helped me make sure of that. 

Hm. I'm afraid that I can't help you, then. I'm not very savvy on this sorta stuff.

On 4/12/2021 at 11:08 PM, Jerry311 said:

I'm using the special edition (revelations) USA rom

Yo. It works for me. I used EUR version. I can't post link ROM right here. Cause that against forum rule. So you have to google yourself,

Edited by Hasechi

On 4/10/2021 at 7:59 PM, Benice said:

Hm. I'm afraid that I can't help you, then. I'm not very savvy on this sorta stuff.

Turns out it just doesn't work on my computer. Not the first time this has happened with stuff. Randomized on my brother's computer, worked fine.

I use the luma system and I could run the randomized game.

Only issue is some randomized version could reach chapter 11 on revelations

some just died on chapter 4, tried the disposte editing but it works only occasionally.

Any insights on how to solve or should I just give up on using the 3dsii just use citra :(

thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I decided to abandon my conquest randomizer, at least for now. I decided to start a birthright randomizer, and there have been some oddities. I selected to randomize for all routes, in case that helps you diagnose the problems or something. First off, the "no" button for saving is just invisible. Probably just a Citra thing. More importantly though, one of the enemies in chapter 2 was completely broken. I'm just gonna attach some pictures for this. Luckily, it didn't crash or anything and i was able to kill the enemy just fine. Note the bottom screen being completely broken and just showing part of the top screen.
unknown.png?width=274&height=337unknown.png?width=282&height=338unknown.png?width=282&height=338

Edited by Jerry311

• 2 weeks later...