Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

thane98

Is the blue bar on the randomnizer supposed to stay on like a tenth of the way finished for a while? I know you said to let the program sit in the instructions so I assume it would take some time, but is it supposed to be like this, because it's been on that for like half an hour now. I'm pretty certain I did everything up to now correctly, so Im not sure if I did anything wrong, or if it's just supposed to be like this.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the blue bar on the randomnizer supposed to stay on like a tenth of the way finished for a while? I know you said to let the program sit in the instructions so I assume it would take some time, but is it supposed to be like this, because it's been on that for like half an hour now. I'm pretty certain I did everything up to now correctly, so Im not sure if I did anything wrong, or if it's just supposed to be like this.

If it's stuck after that long, something definitely went wrong. If you're using the same-sex expansion patch, try randomizing without its files. A couple of people ran into similar issues when using it.

If it's stuck after that long, something definitely went wrong. If you're using the same-sex expansion patch, try randomizing without its files. A couple of people ran into similar issues when using it.

I'm not using that patch, but I think my java isn't actually the latest version. That might be the problem?

I've been having the same issue where the randomizer gets stuck and never finishes. I've even tried running the jar from the command line but I'm still facing the same problem, and I'm just using the files from the base game and not the same-sex patch.

I've had success with randomizing my game using older builds, so I don't know what's up.

You could try updating Java if you're not on the latest version, but I don't think that would cause any issues in this case. I'll look into the issue, but I'm not even sure how to reproduce the bug to be honest. I've never had the freeze or stop at that point during testing.

When you ran the program from the command line, did any sort of error message pop up after the bar moved to 10%?

I'm not sure if this is what's causing the bar to get stuck, but whenever I try to drag the Scripts folder into FEAT nothing actually happens. I can do it with all the other folders I'm supposed to drop into FEAT, so I'm not sure what's with the Scripts folder.

I'm not sure if this is what's causing the bar to get stuck, but whenever I try to drag the Scripts folder into FEAT nothing actually happens. I can do it with all the other folders I'm supposed to drop into FEAT, so I'm not sure what's with the Scripts folder.

Scripts don't have any sort of compression, so nothing should happen to them.

You could try updating Java if you're not on the latest version, but I don't think that would cause any issues in this case. I'll look into the issue, but I'm not even sure how to reproduce the bug to be honest. I've never had the freeze or stop at that point during testing.

When you ran the program from the command line, did any sort of error message pop up after the bar moved to 10%?

When I clicked randomize, it came up with this:

ZjXVdy3.png

And a bunch of lines afterwards. I've also checked Java and it's up to date as well.

Scripts don't have any sort of compression, so nothing should happen to them.

Oh, I did not know that, also, I updated Java, and it didn't change anything, still stuck at about 10%. So I decided to try randomnizing by just picking a path(Revelations) and the bar instantly gets to halfway before getting stuck there. I try both Birthright and CQ, just selecting that and nothing else, and the same thing happens.

When I clicked randomize, it came up with this:

ZjXVdy3.png

And a bunch of lines afterwards. I've also checked Java and it's up to date as well.

Could I see the full error log if possible? Unfortunately with this version of Java the bunch of lines includes the real error information. If I get that I should be able to fix the error pretty quickly.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

On one hand, there's some really silly things like Marth looking sadistic and trying to kill you.

On the other hand, you tried giving me the image of Maid Garon and I'm not sure I can forgive you for that...

Sorry to rush this but i need to go to bed got work tomorrow so could we continue this at a later time, or could you give me the ROM files so that I can just open and verify the files.

The latter can get you banned here.

Could I see the full error log if possible? Unfortunately with this version of Java the bunch of lines includes the real error information. If I get that I should be able to fix the error pretty quickly.

Kcp0rhD.pngZWPBUnC.png

Dunno if there's a way to expand the "48/58 more" lines (I'm admittedly kinda noobish with command prompt) but yeah, this is what I'm getting.

Edited by Benishigure

Does this work on mac? I only own a mac and a crappy PC that can barely run Minecraft (my little brother plays it)

Also, whats a HANS and a Firmware? (I'm serious)

Edited by Tuvy

Does this work on mac? I only own a mac and a crappy PC that can barely run Minecraft (my little brother plays it)

Also, whats a HANS and a Firmware? (I'm serious)

It's java, so it should if you have it installed.

Now as for the others... I don't recommend you try this until you have a basic knowledge of 3ds hacking.

I'm really having a lot of fun with this!

And Belinda was the one that originally wanted to try it.

(video)

You really missed an opportunity for a "Down, sword hand!" joke with the Hooded Guy Silas scenes.

Hello! As soon as I saw this I was really excited to try it out. Everything was going fine until I tried to randomise the files. It kept saying that certain files were missing, and when I tried to locate them, they weren't there. So I'm stuck for the time being. Files like "C\C007.bin" and "@E\Join.txt". Did I dump my ROM incorrectly, or is it another issue? I'm using a European English (I'm from the UK) version of Birthright. Thanks for your help in advance!

Do you have to have a 3ds to play this?

You could play it through an emulator like Citra but I couldn't really walk you through how to do it.

Hello! As soon as I saw this I was really excited to try it out. Everything was going fine until I tried to randomise the files. It kept saying that certain files were missing, and when I tried to locate them, they weren't there. So I'm stuck for the time being. Files like "C\C007.bin" and "@E\Join.txt". Did I dump my ROM incorrectly, or is it another issue? I'm using a European English (I'm from the UK) version of Birthright. Thanks for your help in advance!

The problem shouldn't be with your dump, but you might have the files organized incorrectly. For the European version the files in the "m" folder might be organized under m/@U and m/C/@U rather m/@E and m/C/@E. In that case, you will need to change them to use @E for randomizing and then change them back to @U to run in game. At least, that's what I've heard you need to do for the European version from others.

If you're having any other issues with file verification I'll need to see what your storage folder looks like to spot the issue.

Kcp0rhD.pngZWPBUnC.png

Dunno if there's a way to expand the "48/58 more" lines (I'm admittedly kinda noobish with command prompt) but yeah, this is what I'm getting.

That's all I needed actually! I'll see what I can do about the error and release a fix when I can.
Edited by thane98

The problem shouldn't be with your dump, but you might have the files organized incorrectly. For the European version the files in the "m" folder might be organized under m/@U and m/C/@U rather m/@E and m/C/@E. In that case, you will need to change them to use @E for randomizing and then change them back to @U to run in game. At least, that's what I've heard you need to do for the European version from others.

If you're having any other issues with file verification I'll need to see what your storage folder looks like to spot the issue.

I think I have identified the problem. What you have said is correct, where it should be @E it is @U. Also, whenever there should be a "C" in a file or folder name there is an "A" instead. So I have resorted to renaming every file/folder so that the "A"s are instead "C"s so it will be (hopefully) compatible with the randomiser. It's a slow process, but it should work, fingers crossed.

I think I have identified the problem. What you have said is correct, where it should be @E it is @U. Also, whenever there should be a "C" in a file or folder name there is an "A" instead. So I have resorted to renaming every file/folder so that the "A"s are instead "C"s so it will be (hopefully) compatible with the randomiser. It's a slow process, but it should work, fingers crossed.

You can leave the A. A/B/C refers to the path, so A is for Birthright, B is for Conquest, and C is for Revelation.

You can leave the A. A/B/C refers to the path, so A is for Birthright, B is for Conquest, and C is for Revelation.

Oh I see! But then why was it still asking for the Revelation files when all it had was the Birthright ones? I'll try pasting the "A" files back in again then, good thing I backed up before I renamed them all!

EDIT: So I put all the "A" files back in, try to randomise, and the bar gets to just over halfway and stops. I'm guessing this isn't meant to happen!

EDIT EDIT: Never mind, I just used the backup files (made another backup), changed @U to @E, randomised, bar went to full and the "randomise" option becomes unselectable. This looks like success to me!

Edited by sdgj1994

Oh I see! But then why was it still asking for the Revelation files when all it had was the Birthright ones? I'll try pasting the "A" files back in again then, good thing I backed up before I renamed them all!

EDIT: So I put all the "A" files back in, try to randomise, and the bar gets to just over halfway and stops. I'm guessing this isn't meant to happen!

EDIT EDIT: Never mind, I just used the backup files (made another backup), changed @U to @E, randomised, bar went to full and the "randomise" option becomes unselectable. This looks like success to me!

Glad that it worked out at the end. Sorry about the issues setting everything up.