The Story of How Fire Emblem Thracia 776 Came to Be.

Pizza Johns

I made this as a goof on the Lair of the Fooker Discord chat.

The story of Thracia 776:

The game was made by an angry Japanese man.

He was mad about the sales of Genealogy of the Holy.

So he decided to make a midquel to that game.

He wanted to make hard game.

Since the Japanese complained about the franchise being so easy that the Americans can play it.

So he brought back a thing no one cared about/hated.

The dismount system.

So the man said "Take that, but weaken them more."

and "And don't let axe or lance knights use axes or lances."

"Make 'em all use swords."

He then thought of more annoying mechanics like Fatigue and Con.

"And make steel and silver weapons weigh the units so much, that even a pegasus knight couldn't double with pursuit."

"Make so that if the units perform a set number of actions, you won't be able to use them in the next chapter."

"Give the healers low HP so they can get fatigued more easily."

Then, he made bullshit map objectives.

"Let's add optional Gaiden chapters that are very important."

"And we'll let the player figure out how to get in them."

The angry Japanese man smiled.

He just came up with the greatest idea...

"Let's explain these new mechanics very vaguely."

The angry Japanese man worked hard to make sure everything was...right.

"Make sure they can't see where to go, or even know where/what the map objective is!"

"Wait...I have escape maps and fog of war maps..."

"Let's combine them!"

"Make sure there are certain tiles that warp them into prison chambers."

Chapter 24x.

"How dare you make a man over the age of 30 good! Don't even get me started over 40, they're Jagen units."

"You have to make the youngest people the best to please the Japanese crowd!"

The angry Japanese man was done, and he and his development team of Russian hackers were proud.

Then he released the game to the public, to his surprise, it flopped and the Japanese said it was too easy.

So he left his company and tried to ripoff his own game on the Playstation.

The end.

Edited by GamerLord402

So uhm, still haven't played FE5 but from here it just seems like people asked the game to be like this and, once they had what they asked, they saw it was shit and complained more than before.

I'm probably wrong but it just looks like Pokémon ORAS.

So uhm, still haven't played FE5 but from here it just seems like people asked the game to be like this and, once they had what they asked, they saw it was shit and complained more than before.

On the contrary the game was very well received by those who played it. It sold poorly due to bad marketing and it was somewhat difficult to acquire.

>comparing Thracia 776 to ORAS.

This was just a joke, I did no research and all of the events in the story are fake, besides the things I said about Thracia 776, and FE4 not selling that well.

This was just a joke, I did no research and all of the events in the story are fake, besides the things I said about Thracia 776, and FE4 not selling that well.

Oh, okay, thanks for the explanation.

I thought they were ironic thoughts based on real facts lol. Well, that's good to hear it (and the story was funny, too).

On the contrary the game was very well received by those who played it. It sold poorly due to bad marketing and it was somewhat difficult to acquire.

Well, bad marketing and difficulties in distribution are a must for the series and for Nintendo in general.

I'm pretty sure FE4 only sold slightly worse than FE3 making it the second best selling FE game in Japan.

I'm pretty sure FE4 only sold slightly worse than FE3 making it the second best selling FE game in Japan.

I can cofirm thanks to this link, although Awakening and/or Fates will soon dethrone FE4 as the 2nd best-selling game in Japan... *sigh*

That, and the game was released about a year before the Gamecube (or was it two years...).

^Don't you mean before the Nintendo 64 appeared? (please correct me if I'm wrong)

I do remember reading that Thracia 776 was released when the SNES was pretty much dead, and was sold through some online network of Nintendo...iirc.

^Don't you mean before the Nintendo 64 appeared? (please correct me if I'm wrong)

I do remember reading that Thracia 776 was released when the SNES was pretty much dead, and was sold through some online network of Nintendo...iirc.

No, Gamecube. Thracia's a '99 title. Gamecube was '01 (so two years).

Thracia is far from the only title released after the N64 launch, and it's not even the last game to be released for the SNES (well, SFC... but details). In fact, DKC3 even references Super Mario 64.

This also shows how little confidence Nintendo has in the Wii U- the SFC was officially discontinued two years after the Gamecube came out. The Wii U, meanwhile, didn't even make it to the Switch.

Anyway, as any Mother fan can tell you, once you get close enough to the next system, it's harder to sell. It's not as big a deal in Japan (half due to culture, and half due to not having to deal with localisation time), but I'd imagine the loss of the potential Fire Emblem 64 possibly played a part.

The fact remains that the N64 wasn't backwards compatible with the SFC, as well. I'd imagine most Fire Emblem fans would still own a SFC to play Genealogy and/or Mystery of the Emblem, but people who wanted to get into the series might not (not like I'd recommend someone start with Thracia, but you know...). Plus, while I don't know the quality of information gathering at the time, Thracia as a concept seems like it would appeal to a bit of a niche even for Fire Emblem- it's got the gameplay of Mystery with the story of Genealogy, plus it's own innovations.