Which of the Uncommonly Used Shadow Dragon Characters Have You Used in Your Final Team

Seeing how quite a lot of people don't really bother with certain characters like Matthis, Roshea, Caesar, Dolph, and Tomas, I thought it'd be interesting to see who has actually used the more uncommonly used characters in their final Shadow Dragon team, and which specific ones they used.

I've done quite a few playthroughs of Shadow Dragon, and these uncommonly used characters have been used in my final team in at least one of my playthroughs.

Wrys

Bord

Cord

Darros

Matthis

Roshea

Vyland

Ricardo

Caesar

Radd

Maria

Dolph

Macellan

Tomas

Palla

Catria

Est

Elice (I even got her to level 20 before promoting her in multiple playthroughs of mine)

Ymir

Gordin, (pretty sure people don't use him right?) I used him because I was going in with a first come, first serve basis and was still in a 'screw prepromotes' mindset.

I've used Gordin, Roshea, Cord, Radd, Maria, and Ricard before, that I can recall.

I... don't know if Palla and Catria are actually all that uncommon to use? But I've also used Palla before, and maybe Catria too; can't recall.

Hell, I've even used a generic replacement or two on my team a few times!

Edited by Topaz Light

I've used the Pegasus Trio for the sake of some Triangle Attack goodness in online play.

I've used Cord a lot in general.

I've also deployed Elice in the finale of my disastrous H2 run. The whole run was so easy that I was caught completely unprepared by all those 26 speed Fire Dragons at the end. Elice ended up being deployed because I needed another healer.

Edited by BrightBow

ALL OF THEM. Seriously! Shadow Dragon is my favorite game to draft, and literally everyone has seen Endgame at some point or another!

Wrys- Only for laughs.
Bord or Cord, can't remember- Hits like a truck, but my good he's slow.
Caesar- Replaced Ogma after he got killed, very speedy and underrated. He sucks when fighting Manaketes but same for other units.
Radd- Freaking awesome, capped strength and speed at level 15.
Dolph- Good bases for a late game unit and has decent defences, recommend if Draug/Roger are killed or underleveled.
Tomas- He became one of the fastest units in my first hard mode playthrough.
Est- Good unit but her caps are bad, she can't double the final boss.
Elice- Great healer but got killed by ambush spawns.

Edited by Rend Keaven

Gordin is really that underused? Well, I guess you can add him to my list of uncommonly used characters I've used in my final team.

ALL OF THEM. Seriously! Shadow Dragon is my favorite game to draft, and literally everyone has seen Endgame at some point or another!

I should've figured as much from you. =P

Though I'm quite curious, are there any uncommonly used characters in that game outside of the skittles that you particularly favour? Come to think of it, I can't even concretely remember who the skittles were (it was Radd, Vyland, Caesar, Tomas, Horace, and Roshea, right?).

Gordin is really that underused? Well, I guess you can add him to my list of uncommonly used characters I've used in my final team.

I should've figured as much from you. =P

Though I'm quite curious, are there any uncommonly used characters in that game outside of the skittles that you particularly favour? Come to think of it, I can't even concretely remember who the skittles were (it was Radd, Vyland, Caesar, Tomas, Horace, and Roshea, right?).

Banned for getting the list wrong :P:

It's Roshea, Caesar, Radd, Roger, and Tomas. Four of them didn't appear in FE3 Book 2, and the last one had no business being in there.

Nothing is funnier than getting Boah strong enough to withstand my usual idiotic strategies. Then, if he gets bored, he can leverage his tome rank and murder things.

Yeah I don't think Palla and Catria really belong on the list as almost everyone uses one if not both of them. Jeorge would count though, right? I tend to use him for the sole fact that he's one of my favorite characters from the Akaneian saga.

And of course, Gordin too. I never really knew he was that underused either.

I'm more likely to bring Tomas to endgame than Palla/Catria. Why? Because in a draft, they cost turns, so they're not recruited if it can be avoided. Tomas joins automatically, so he doesn't cost turns.

Banned for getting the list wrong :P:

It's Roshea, Caesar, Radd, Roger, and Tomas. Four of them didn't appear in FE3 Book 2, and the last one had no business being in there.

B-b-but... I got 4 of them right, at least!

I thought for sure there was 1 skittle for each colour of the rainbow. Though I still think getting 4 out of 5 while guessing 1 extra isn't too bad.

So out of curiousity, for Roshea and Roger you stick them in the Archer/Hunter classes and their promoted versions for quite a few levels to have them gain speed, right? I remember doing that for the both of them, except using Myrmidon/Mercenary because I didn't know that Myrmidon/Mercenary speed growths, while good, weren't as high as Archer/Hunter speed growths.

In my current H2 playthrough, I'm using Tomas, Dolph, Macellan, Vyland (Dracoknight), Roshea (Sage), Bord (Sorcerer), Cord (Hero), Midia (Sniper), Wrys (Swordmaster) and Maria.

In my previous playthrough on H4 I used Est, Caesar (Sorcerer), Elice and Radd.

I also used Caeda, Wolf and Sedgar mostly as a handicap in both playthroughs to make sure I didn't get horribly mutilated.

I used Gordin on H5 on the cavalier-> Wyvern Lord path and had I been less frugal with the speedwings he would have been 5HKO'd and not doubled while weilding a horseslayer before promotion.

I used Dolph once and I regret not using him more. His growth rates are pretty good if you are willing to waste time feeding him kills to catch up.

I've tried just about everybody that has a natural magic growth as a mage/ dark mage with varying success, I think Caesar was the best of all of them? Caesar has a nice growth blend that worked out alright and he came low enough leveled that he could spend more time in dark mage.

My current team(1st playthrough):

Norne

Marth

Caeda

Abel

Barst

Merric

Lena

Caesar

Radd

Roshea

Linde(NR

Maria(NR)

Est(NR)

Minerva(Not Recruited)

Any of these guys underused? I am guessing Roshea, Norne, Radd, and Caesar are all pretty underused since imo they are bad so far.

Also, can someone tell me what happened to my Lena?

Class: Cleric

Lv: 20

HP:22

Str: 0

Mag:13

Skl:12

Spd:11

Luk:​20

Def:3

Res:15

She has pitifully low growths. How did this happen?

B-b-but... I got 4 of them right, at least!

I thought for sure there was 1 skittle for each colour of the rainbow. Though I still think getting 4 out of 5 while guessing 1 extra isn't too bad.

So out of curiousity, for Roshea and Roger you stick them in the Archer/Hunter classes and their promoted versions for quite a few levels to have them gain speed, right? I remember doing that for the both of them, except using Myrmidon/Mercenary because I didn't know that Myrmidon/Mercenary speed growths, while good, weren't as high as Archer/Hunter speed growths.

Ideally, Roger goes Pirate while Roshea goes Archer. Roger needs offensive stats, Roshea just needs lots of Speed.

My current team(1st playthrough):

Norne

Marth

Caeda

Abel

Barst

Merric

Lena

Caesar

Radd

Roshea

Linde(NR

Maria(NR)

Est(NR)

Minerva(Not Recruited)

Any of these guys underused? I am guessing Roshea, Norne, Radd, and Caesar are all pretty underused since imo they are bad so far.

Also, can someone tell me what happened to my Lena?

Class: Cleric

Lv: 20

HP:22

Str: 0

Mag:13

Skl:12

Spd:11

Luk:​20

Def:3

Res:15

She has pitifully low growths. How did this happen?

Maria's not used that often, due to being a pain in the neck to recruit. As for Lena, welcome to Shadow Dragon, don't expect lots of green flashing numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

Are the Whitewings really that uncommon? Est, I might can understand, but Palla and Catria? That's a surprise...

Anywho, I am sure I used those 3 on your list and Darros. Admittedly, it's been YEARS since I did a playthrough of Shadow Dragon

I've used every character in shadow dragon and brought them to end game at least once.  Since I tend to find it fun to reclass the sh*t characters and see what they're good at, I've brought Macellen, Roshea, Wrys, and Cord to endgame multiple times.  Turns out Cord is a good Sorcerer and General.  

Side note: Catria and Palla shouldn't be here because they are great.  Sure, Ceada's Wingspear makes them worthless somehow, but there are more enemies in the game than knights and Horses.  I've brought a Catria to endgame like 20+ times, and she always caps at least 3 stats on average.