So i made Silas a Ninja and he can solo Lunatic Revelations...

Shikinoyume

No US DID get the autographed poster, its the Special Edition game case cover, when you open the case and take the cover out the case the poster folds out from the case cover.

And the key chains were available sepreately but free with purchase of the Special edition depending on where you bought it from, I think GameStop and Walmart were the only 2 with the keychains.

-----------------------------------------

And Hold on with the Silas thing, Im at work and my DS is at home.

oh, if you count THAT as the poster, sure I guess. but yea, keychains don't really count since not all sources offered it.

I also lean towards agreeing with the others here. I find myself hardpressed to see how you're that limited in funds unless you're excessively spending it on forges or reclassing constantly. bases are extremely important. here's a resource for checking averages though it's somewhat limited: https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/hiushi/FE14AverageStats/blob/master/index.html

shared units vary a bit because it doesn't take into account different starting values (Kaze, especially Silas [especially Rev!Silas]), and can't do children or special classes. while Silas has average Spd growths, because of his low bases, his Spd is still a problem. I always ended up benching him because I just prefer speedy units in general and he ended up speed screwed on top of his low bases.

Actually Xander can also A+ Kaze for ninja but I don't think that he can marry Kagero

Silas has both options however.

That said, yeh his bases are one thing, but I still dont think that his stats are actually going anywhere with those simi-low growths

And I think Xander would do much better in DF then M.Ninja...

High bases on top of high bases + simi-high growths sounds scary ._.

It's like you didn't read what I said about how the difference in growth rates is mostly trivial. Also, don't double-post.

I'd assume Benny was in range of a unit with Demoiselle, which cuts the damage male allies take in combat by 2.

Nope, I don't even use that skill.

How do you not have money for them, specially in Conquest. Conquest literally never stops throwing money at your direction, it baffles me how much money you get in that route. Really: Chapter 7: 3,000g , 8: 10,000g, 9: 3,000g, 10: 10,000g, 12: 5,000g, 13: 5,000g, 14: 10,000g, 16: 6-8,000g, 17: 5,000g, 18: 10,000g, 19: 5,000g, Percy's: let's say 5,000g, 20: 10,000g, 22: 5,000g, 23: 10,000g, 25: 10,000g, 26: 20,000g

So I really find it hard to believe you lack money for tonics in Conquest. That's over 130,000g total, not even counting the bitch coins Lilith throws at you. Limited resources my ass.

Skills are expensive.

oh, if you count THAT as the poster, sure I guess. but yea, keychains don't really count since not all sources offered it.

while Silas has average Spd growths, because of his low bases, his Spd is still a problem. I always ended up benching him because I just prefer speedy units in general and he ended up speed screwed on top of his low bases.

Its the version of the poster that the US got and its still autographed so.... it will do, but I did buy the JP version

And I like Silas as a character, hes got that adorkable best friend vibe like my actual best friend and the only reason I benched him was because he wasent pulling his weight as a caveleir

But hes pretty scary as a Ninja @_@

It's like you didn't read what I said about how the difference in growth rates is mostly trivial. Also, don't double-post.

It seems to me that YOU are not reading what i say..

So let me rephrase it... IMO Your point on having high base stats matters the most for units who join later in the game.

Because, Units with low base stats and high growths with time to actually use their grows rates usually end up far better then the rest of the cast in the aras they have higher growth in.

For example, Mozu starts with 7 base speed and in my experience she caps her 22 Speed in archer class by lvl 15-18 this has happened in all 3 of my play throughs so far.

You would be pretty hard pressed to find someone who joins you at lvl 15-18 with over 22 SPE when they join.

And the only ones who DO join you with over 22 SPE are Ryoma and Camilla (And maybe Anna depending on how long you wait to get her?)

regardless she still shoots over them upon promotion to Sniper where she then has 26, which is more then Camilla's 23 base, and Ryoma's 24 base (and Ryoma has a 4 lvl lead on Mozu at that point)

NOT TO MENTION that Mozu has a lower STR gain then the 2 of them and in my current play has MORE STR then the both of them as well as speed.

Similarly Saizo for me in both my runs that he shows up in has a base DEF of 9 but 15-18 by lvl 15 thats more then pretty much the entire cast's join DEF, and the only one i think beats that is Camilla...

So AGAIN, having high bases DO matter, BUT it matters MUCH more in units who join later int he game as units who join earlier with higher growths will almost always be better in those key areas.

the way you're phrasing it just implies that bases don't matter much at all for early units and that's just not true. anecdotal evidence is very poor evidence. for example your Mozu always capped by 15-18? just on averages she'll cap by Lvl 19-20. Saizo reaches 15 Def by Lvl 19 on average. so stop using anecdotal evidence to back your arguments

Skills are expensive.

Geez I can't believe you. You say you don't find Tonics or some other things necessary to beat Conquest Lunatic, but in the end you were using online skills which can be very gamebreaking. And they really aren't expensive at all. Elbow Room, which pretty much increases your damage by 3 almost always costs 500g to buy off the logbook (that's a bronze bow). Heartseeker which fixes any axe user's hit rate or allows Effie to use the Effie's Lance with stable hit rate costs 750g. Quick Draw which increases damage by 4 during your turn (that's the difference between Kaze doing 12 damage and Kaze doing 20 damage when he doubles) costs only 750g off the logbook. Life and Death which make's Niles damage output totally bonkers is still only 1000g, the price of an Iron Bow. And worst of all: Darting Blow the skill that makes you double even if you tie speed is also only 750g, which fixes all of your speed concerns directly. And that's still not counting how stuff like Strength +2, Malefic Aura, Mag+2, Def+2, etc. are also only 500g.

And all these are prices if you don't want to bother searching for skills online and just buy them off the logbook from previous finds. If you buy them straight off the battle they're even cheaper, Elbow Room ends up being less expensive than the gold bar Lilith gives you.

Edited by SalShich10N

Geez I can't believe you. You say you don't find Tonics or some other things necessary to beat Conquest Lunatic, but in the end you were using online skills which can be very gamebreaking. And they really aren't expensive at all. Elbow Room, which pretty much increases your damage by 3 almost always costs 500g to buy off the logbook (that's a bronze bow). Heartseeker which fixes any axe user's hit rate or allows Effie to use the Effie's Lance with stable hit rate costs 750g. Quick Draw which increases damage by 4 during your turn (that's the difference between Kaze doing 12 damage and Kaze doing 20 damage when he doubles) costs only 750g off the logbook. Life and Death which make's Niles damage output totally bonkers is still only 1000g, the price of an Iron Bow. And worst of all: Darting Blow the skill that makes you double even if you tie speed is also only 750g, which fixes all of your speed concerns directly. And that's still not counting how stuff like Strength +2, Malefic Aura, Mag+2, Def+2, etc. are also only 500g.

And all these are prices if you don't want to bother searching for skills online and just buy them off the logbook from previous finds. If you buy them straight off the battle they're even cheaper, Elbow Room ends up being less expensive than the gold bar Lilith gives you.

You know, you dont have to sit here and tell me which skills are and aren't OP/expensive

I know the skills and all i really got as things to keep certain characters alive such as miracle on Azura, or the lvl 35 skills that characters would get in the class I made them that way they would have it before the end game when Ied only get to use if bout 3-4 chapters.

the way you're phrasing it just implies that bases don't matter much at all for early units and that's just not true. anecdotal evidence is very poor evidence. for example your Mozu always capped by 15-18? just on averages she'll cap by Lvl 19-20. Saizo reaches 15 Def by Lvl 19 on average. so stop using anecdotal evidence to back your arguments

I mean.... I can only speak from my own experiences so....

You know, you dont have to sit here and tell me which skills are and aren't OP/expensive

I know the skills and all i really got as things to keep certain characters alive such as miracle on Azura, or the lvl 35 skills that characters would get in the class I made them that way they would have it before the end game when Ied only get to use if bout 3-4 chapters.

PEMN (personal experience means nothing) is pretty important take into account when talking objectively about FE units. It's one of the main reasons a lot of people will say Bases > Growths and why characters like Mozu constantly rank near the bottom in tier lists. When you're talking objectively about an FE character, expect to be called out on something of you aren't using their Average stats as a basis. Edited by Avalanche

Those numbers I posted are the most objective way of figuring out what will happen to a given character. There will be significant variances per person, never mind per playthrough, ESPECIALLY on Lunatic (where the levels are determined when the game is started). Bases will have zero variation, while the probability that X stat will go up will be determined by growths. However, understanding why a 10% difference in growth rate isn't such a giant deal is extremely important if you want to seriously say that character X is a lot better than character Y.

(the other way is stat benchmarks, which requires enemy stats)

Lastly, cooking is free, and tonics are 150 a pop. Much cheaper and faster than buying skills.

Oh sure, I am sure you're familiar with the cost-benefit of OP skills. Anyways, why would you get Azura Miracle? She doesn't really have any combat proficiency as a dancer so she shouldn't be fighting. If anything getting her Amaterasu is a much better idea, since it stacks with her personal and is able to be a great healing support. Picture it, she can give Renewal to up to 8 units.

Oh sure, I am sure you're familiar with the cost-benefit of OP skills. Anyways, why would you get Azura Miracle? She doesn't really have any combat proficiency as a dancer so she shouldn't be fighting. If anything getting her Amaterasu is a much better idea, since it stacks with her personal and is able to be a great healing support. Picture it, she can give Renewal to up to 8 units.

Yeh because enemies don't target her after she dances or anything...

And its not like she caps luck and has a luck +4 skill or anything....>_>

And its not like Axe users have super high HP and STR in Lunatic and have WTA over Azura plus can OHKO her....

Because dodging is the MOST reliable thing in this game right?

And I just love having units stand adjacent to my frail ass dancer at the end of a turn to proc Amaterasu rather then having them go kill someone after she refreshes them.

And she dosen't have a mini Amaterasu already or anything that I already don't use because I have healers :/

she SHOULD dodge, but if she doesn't, I can sorta rely on miracle.

However, understanding why a 10% difference in growth rate isn't such a giant deal is extremely important if you want to seriously say that character X is a lot better than character Y.

(the other way is stat benchmarks, which requires enemy stats)

Lastly, cooking is free, and tonics are 150 a pop. Much cheaper and faster than buying skills.

Well 1. I never said that anyone as better then anyone else, i said that Silas performs better in the Ninja class then Xander.

2. If there were a tonic that gave anything other then stats maybe I'd consider it, but I'd rather the skills and Mess hall

Yeh because enemies don't target her after she dances or anything...

And its not like she caps luck and has a luck +4 skill or anything....>_>

And its not like Axe users have super high HP and STR in Lunatic and have WTA over Azura plus can OHKO her....

Because dodging is the MOST reliable thing in this game right?

And I just love having units stand adjacent to my frail ass dancer at the end of a turn to proc Amaterasu rather then having them go kill someone after she refreshes them.

And she dosen't have a mini Amaterasu already or anything that I already don't use because I have healers :/

she SHOULD dodge, but if she doesn't, I can sorta rely on miracle.

Of course they don't target Azura after she dances. Because she's usually just not in the enemy range after she dances, since the specific reason why you danced someone in the first place was to wipe everything on your turn. Unless of course one were to ether have issues killing enemies, which I doubt is your case since you go far enough to buy skills online for units, or have poor spacing when using the dancer. It's not like you don't have means to protect her either. I mean units like Xander or ~Silas~ have a skill called Shelter that specifically exist to protect a unit during the enemy turn.

Edited by SalShich10N