ok what is up with inigo's eye color??

deactivated

So this is a kind of rant about him but i need sleep and i have to go to school tomorrow so

*inhale*

honestly, what the frick.

In his official art, I think it's purple. In his portrait, it's a brown-ish purple. But in his confession and Yukata scene, it's a hazel-brown??? AND in some non-canon material (chiper, the smash bros. trophy, his card in the 25 anniversary card set) and his model it's grey???? In Fates, Laslow's constant eye color is purple. So what's going on here?

I need to really go to bed.

Colored contact lenses! Or maybe a lot of miscommunication. But I prefer the theory of a relatively modern cosmetic accessory! :P:

so, kinda like that meme of a cute thing having some fake angry eyebrows on the table, said cute thing slamming their head on the table, and having those fake angry eyebrows on them when they rise their head, but with inigo and contact lenses? a very interesting thought.

Time to overanalyse this situation for no apparent reason...

Since Inigo is a child character, wouldn't it make sense that his eye color would be determined by his genetics?
You could argue that his eye color is the same in all of his possible character portraits, but when thinking about it logically it wouldn't make sense for him to have the exact same eye color for each possible father. Ergo, you could argue for this to be a mere oversight by the developers or a technical limitation.

The fact that his eyes seem to be different during his confession/yukata scene might also be because of the fact that eye colors can appear different depending upon surrounding colors and light quality. Keep in mind that during his confession to the avatar the scene seems to be really bright for some reason, furthermore is it possible that the tome Anna used for taking the Yukata picture uses a 'flash' effect causing another bright light. Maybe Anna removed the red eyes with an external 'red eye remover tool' or something similar, which might've altered his eye color. As for the trophy from smash brothers, since it is just a trophy it is possible that the artist made a small mistake or made use of his/her creative liberties...

Another possibility would be that Inigo suffers from Horner’s Syndrome or a case of (required) heterochromia...
That or he does indeed use contact lenses...

aVhkkkx.png

Edited by Masterthunderblade