DLC worth buying?

SSJDennis

Since the DLC is 30% off for a few more days, I guessed I might at well buy some.

But what to get? And what's not worth it?

Since most DLC doesn't revolve my "own party", I'm not really interested.

This makes (almost) the whole Map Pack2 not appealing to me. I don't see a point in getting any of the ~taker skills. Only Point Blank seems possible worthwhile. How easy is it to farm and how many bow-users do we really want... Two at most? € 1,39 worth that? I am in doubt.

Ghostly Gold? Never had money issues but free money is always good.

Boo Camp? Hell yeah.

Witches Trail? Hell yeah.

Museum Melee? In doubt. Might be worth it. Sparkling spots again? A list of the said weapons?

Royal Royale? I got a strong feeling that 2x Dark Flier and 2x Dread Fighter is sufficient in any playthrough.

Hidden Truth? Expensive. New classes worthwhile? I think not, but still...

Anna on the Run, not worth it to me. Not a fan of Anna, also nothing really special about her.

Vanguard Dawn? Worth it?

Ballistician Blitz? Doesn't seem worth while.

So in short, Ghostly Gold, Boo Camp, Witches Trail for sure.

Maybe Vanguard Dawn, Royal Royale, Museum Melee?

Your thoughts?

Edited by SSJDennis

I think you should get Hidden Truth (if you already didn't get them or read about their plot) for covering plotholes.

The children ones is funny, but if you don't like children charachters I don't think you should get it (it doesn't really add anything important, still is funny to play)

Vanguard Dawn is funny, buy it. Same for Royal Royale and the summer fanservice one (not remembering the name). I didn't like the grinding maps but still free money/exp/weapons if you are interested in them.

In short, I'd recommend the six you listed at the bottom, hidden truth and the summer boobs one.

Honestly the only maps I ever play are Boo Camp and Ghostly Gold.

I occasionally play Museum Melee just to get weapons that I wouldn't have access to.

Vanguard Dawn And Witches Trial are good maps if you're trying to get good skills.

Royal Royale is just to get more Dread Scrolls and Ebon Wing. I think you get enough already.

Hidden Truths 1 is a good map if you are trying to get Ignis or Rally Spectrum.

And End: Lost in the Waves if you need Point Blank

So the maps i recommend are

Boo Camp

Ghostly Gold

Vangaurd Dawn

Witches Trial

Museum Melee

Hidden Truths 1

Got Boo Camp, Ghostly Gold and Witches Trail.

Just saw something of Museum Melee, I really don't think that map is worth it. Too much work for little treasure, might aswell just spend my Ghostly Gold cash on other castles.

I can't "only" get Hidden Truth1, I need to buy them both, which is still a bit to expensive.

Guess I will skip Point Blank. Still not sure about Vanguard Dawn, how nice as those new classes?

Hidden Truths 2 does have a nice bonus item if you'd like more variety in Dragon Vein usage, plus it does cover a few plot points continuing from Hidden Truths 1, so if you're not able to purchase Hidden Truths separately, decide on whether or not you want access to Grandmaster and more Dragon Vein users. Vanguard is basically a better Hero with worse growths if I remember rightly. Even then, you can get 3 of the skills as scrolls to teach your units regardless of Gender which makes Vanguard probably the best of the available DLC classes.

Vanguard Dawn is fun and has nice loot. The one with the Witches' Mark is cool too. Other than that and Boo Camp/Ghostly Gold, i didnt find the DLC all that worth it. Ballistician, i found it kinda dumpy honestly, but thats really up to you.

Vanguard Dawn is pretty good if only for Aether, yeah. Plus Vanguard as a class is good for fragile but speedy male units who need some bulk. Hidden Truths you can get if you really want Grandmaster, but the Fell Blood really isn't worth it and neither is Grandmaster if I'm being completely honest.

Vanguard Dawn: a lot of people who are fans of Radiant Dawn enjoy this map due to it being a Defend map as well as its attempting to recreate several of the mechanics observed on its basis; this map is nice for Vanguard Brands as well as Aether, Veteran Intuition, and Heavy Blade skill manuals.

Royal Royale: I honestly hate this map due to the difficulty in tandem with reliance on RNG; the trouble to get a single Dread Scroll/Ebon Wing and the one-off reward of statboosters based on the sibling team used isn't worthwhile.

Museum Melee: only worthwhile if you want to make forges for weapons you normally can only get a few, if not single, copies of. You don't get S-rank weapons at all so the highest ranked weapons you'd find would be A-rank weapons like Brave weapons. The map can also be used to capture bosses that are normally captured in children's paralogues, complete with their difficulty-based starting skills if they have any.

If you want more lore, Hidden Truths and Heirs of Fates can be worthwhile if you finished Revelation route. Since the DLC isn't part of the original script that that manga writer wrote, the story can be considered BETTER than what's written for the main story; IIRC, the story for Hidden Truths and Heirs of Fates was written by Awakening's writing team.

Hidden Truths 1 has Fell Brand if you want Rally Spectrum and Ignis skills for the males. Hidden Truths 2 has First Blood item if you want a story (non-guest) unit who isn't Corrin, Azura, the royal siblings, or their children to use Dragon Veins.

Heirs of Fates maps provide the skill manuals for (stat)takers and Point Blank.

Anna on the Run is basically required if you truly want to finish the entire Support Log and collect all Luck-based character statues for your Castle. It could be nice if you want an extra unit early on in a playthrough since Anna joins as a lv. 10 Outlaw as early as Chapter 7 (when DLC is available) provided that you can go through a map full of Berserkers and ensuring that NPC Anna gets out alive.

Ballistician Blitz... Despite having the 2nd-highest STR cap (behind only the Berserker class), Ballistician isn't a great class overall (skills are only useful to the Ballistician class, very low movement, crappy stat caps aside from STR and SKL). It can be fun doing long-ranged non-lethal harassment and doing so while driving around a wooden barrel of a tank but that's pretty much it. The map also has a glasses accessory that can be collected from one of the Ballistician reinforcements by around turn 5 if you want one of your characters go MLG, DWI, swag, or something.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Vanguard Dawn is a cool map, although I didn't find it as challenging as by the time it came out I basically had an endgame party and I think the level scaling only goes so far.

Museum Melee I actually found quite fun as you don't know exactly what weapons will show up, so it can be a bit of a lottery.

Royal Royale I found interesting but my interest died off after a few runs.

In general I found the Map Pack 1 maps more fun/interesting. I only got the final DLC of Map Pack 2 as I have no interest in the children characters, although the map was quite fun.

Thanks everyone! Great reactions, really useful :) You all kinda confirm, what I was already thinking.

I guess I will just stick with Boo Camp, Ghostly Gold and Witches Trail.

Maybe will also get Vanguard Dawn, that map seems really fun to play (just watching it on YouTube).

The +3 spd, -1 str is also great for mages.

Maybe will also get Vanguard Dawn, that map seems really fun to play (just watching it on YouTube).

The +3 spd, -1 str is also great for mages.

Vanguard's Heavy Blade gives +3 Str, -1 Spd. You might be thinking of Dancing Blade, +3 Spd -1 Def, which is a Lodestar class skill.

IMHO Museum Melee is an alright map, but the drops on rare weapons are pretty bad. Almost better to just rely on units finding stuff in your castle.

Vanguard Dawn is probably the best DLC map, there's some actual substance to it.

Everything else is pretty eh unless you want the items it comes with. Witch and Ballistician are pretty cool, as are infinite statboosters though personally I don't find dealing with Royal Royale worth it.

Vanguard's Heavy Blade gives +3 Str, -1 Spd. You might be thinking of Dancing Blade, +3 Spd -1 Def, which is a Lodestar class skill.

Owh... Then not so good then...

Exactly how does the whole amiboo stuff work? I have an "oldish" 3DS, so might not be possible at all. Never was really clear to me.

Exactly how does the whole amiboo stuff work? I have an "oldish" 3DS, so might not be possible at all. Never was really clear to me.

If you're using a legacy 3DS (XL) or a 2DS, you'll need an NFC reader (separate peripheral to purchase) in order to use amiibo. If you own a New 3DS (XL), the NFC reader is built in so the peripheral isn't needed.

If you're using a legacy 3DS (XL) or a 2DS, you'll need an NFC reader (separate peripheral to purchase) in order to use amiibo. If you own a New 3DS (XL), the NFC reader is built in so the peripheral isn't needed.

OK, I think I have one of those. I have it before FE:A came to the world, so must be pretty old.

I also forgot to buy Vanguard in the rush :(

There are four characters from prior Fire Emblem games you can recruit. Ike, Robin, and Lucina are just awesome, especially Ike. They come with a personal weapon that is very powerful, and you can eventually buy weaker versions of it when they take shifts in the store.

Absolutely not required, but fun to have.

As for DLC, I think Map Pack 1 is a good deal for what you get. Map Pack 2 is pretty sad except the end.

Edited by kcirrot

A little late, maybe, but I really don't like the Boo Camp. It's actually rather hard challenge map and can get you killed easily, forcing you to reset without getting any experience.

Ghostly Gold DLC is definitely worth it, if you want just be silly and buy a bunch of stuff.

I feel Museum Melee is too much of a hassle and you don't get anything you can't get through other means.

I abosolutely loved Beach Brawl and Royal Royale, they're very cool and fun maps, but you don't get anything out of Beach Brawl. Royal Royal makes it easy to get a few stat boosters, though getting a few is rather hard due to matchups.

Hidden Truths are a cool map, but I wouldn't play them many times, and the rewards are not all that cool (tactician is a poor class, you already have plenty of units who can trigger DV).

Vanguard Dawn is a cool challenge map and even if you can't kill the boss you can get good skills out of it.

Anna on the run is fun, but it's a tad hard to complete it around a time where Anna herself is a viable due to her join level and the ammount of units needed to comfortably finish it. Definitely worth to finish for the free Arms Scroll.

I don't really like the Ballistician class since it's more of a moving turret than an actual FE11 ballistician and I feel the free Witch seal Anna's Gift gives you is plenty, so it's up to you whether you want several of those.

The Heirs of Fate chapters are fun, plus you get the taker skills. It's very expensive for just 6 maps, though. Map 1 is fine, Map 2 is very fun, I didn't like Map 3 too much, Map 4 was absolutely amazing, Map 5 felt very "meh" and the Final Map was very cool. If all you care is about rewards, the final one has Point Blank which helps bow users a lot.

OK, I think I have one of those. I have it before FE:A came to the world, so must be pretty old.

I also forgot to buy Vanguard in the rush :(

I have the Awakening 3DS and I bought the NFC reader and it works fine, I payed $20 when I bought it but I think they are a bit less now. The Amiibo are fun but they have no supports, they are pretty good units though and if you already have the Amiibo I would say get the reader.