Swordmasters etc. all get +15% crit...

Meteor

Berserkers, Snipers, and Swordmasters all get +15% crit so why don't Halberdiers? They're also a mono-weapon class, but they're the only ones who don't get the bonus. Is there a good reason for this?

Edit: At least I think it's 15%...

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its because soldiers were never meant to be special. when they gave them a promotion, they couldnt just go from a 0% bonus to a 15% bonus... so the halberdier/sentinel class doesnt live up to its true potential.

dont get me wrong, neph and aran are awesome.

Because Berserkers are brutes, and it makes sense to kill everything super fast. Snipers... self explanatory. They pick things off as if from a sniper rifle, hitting vital spots. Swordmasters are masters of the sword (hence the name), so they'd hit the vitals with a fatal blow.

Halberdiers... they just happen to be there. Stabbing people. That's about it.

That's the most pathetic thing I can come up with, sorry. =X

Also, Ewan Sage + Dark Magic glitch = wtfh4x

Zanryu's first points are correct, and my views as well.

Halbeirders are strong soldiers. That's it. Why would they have a Crit bonus?

Whoa. Someone agrees with my incoherent babbling. O_O

From what I understand, Snipers and Swordmasters didn't have the 15 extra crit in the Japanese version of PoR. I would assume the localization team simply overlooked Halberdiers.

... Or maybe they don't have for the same reason Ike doesn't have it. Who knows?

EDIT: I'm having a hard time understanding the logic behind the "Halberdiers are just strong soldiers so they don't get a crit boost" argument. Swordmasters are nothing more than strong Myrmidons, just as Berserkers are strong Bandits and Snipers are strong Archers. Would anyone mind expounding on that thought?

well not saying that this is my necessarily my point of view, but...

Berserkers feel the rage and tear into/through enemies, so they get a bonus...where as pirates and bandits feel no rage

Snipers are skilled at taking people out...their aim is hax...where as archers simply shoot at the enemy

Swordmasters stare at their swords in the moonlight, trying to figure out every detail of them, and practice going crazy on enemies and what-not

Halberdiers, well they umm are soldiers who got more armor and are stronger than the others...they live life day to day, they are the average dude with skill, they don't hone their skills for long periods of time

that's the way I think the arguement is...I think they should get a crit bonus regardless...

From what I understand, Snipers and Swordmasters didn't have the 15 extra crit in the Japanese version of PoR. I would assume the localization team simply overlooked Halberdiers.

... Or maybe they don't have for the same reason Ike doesn't have it. Who knows?

EDIT: I'm having a hard time understanding the logic behind the "Halberdiers are just strong soldiers so they don't get a crit boost" argument. Swordmasters are nothing more than strong Myrmidons, just as Berserkers are strong Bandits and Snipers are strong Archers. Would anyone mind expounding on that thought?

Swordsmasters are that - Sword masters. They just look for weak points, and hit them.

For snipers - Ever tried sniping with a handgun?

And Berserkers go... beserk.